FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to replace splashscreen on U8800?

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By coralexx, Junior Member on 10th July 2011, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2011, 06:04 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralexx

With root explorer i made new folder named logo at /data/cust/ and put oemlogo.mbn into then in terminal emulator enter su then load_oemlogo . It was changed! Thanks!

In terminal it says: "load_oemlogo: not found". What can cause this? it seems like it does not have this command.

27th August 2011, 10:21 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Nice for me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	art-drakony-fon-12428.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	702379
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadMetaler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadMetaler Ad-Free
27th August 2011, 11:27 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMetaler

Nice for me.
Attachment 702379

yep, not bad..but why for me it says: load_oemlogo: not found..i even downloaded the load_oemlogo file and putted it in system/bin dir and still the same crap.i hate white splashscreen in my phone
4th September 2011, 03:23 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Does anyone have an original Huawei oemlogo? The one which is seen the first time you switch on the phone after unboxing(the white and red one) and then gets overwritten by carrier logo?
6th September 2011, 12:38 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vk_

Does anyone have an original Huawei oemlogo? The one which is seen the first time you switch on the phone after unboxing(the white and red one) and then gets overwritten by carrier logo?

Here you go http://ul.to/63fvs2ab
6th September 2011, 10:58 AM |#26  

More
Thanks, Tommi. Unfortunately, for some reason it doesn't work; all I see is black screen with two mm of multicoloured mess at the top. I switched to void from MIUI, to do this, maybe this is the problem? On MIUI Terminal emulator didn't find oemlogo..

Just tried black Ideos logo, posted here previously, and it works fine. But i would still want red and white Huawei logo.

Sent from my u8800 using xda premium
6th September 2011, 02:02 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vk_

Thanks, Tommi. Unfortunately, for some reason it doesn't work; all I see is black screen with two mm of multicoloured mess at the top. I switched to void from MIUI, to do this, maybe this is the problem? On MIUI Terminal emulator didn't find oemlogo..

Just tried black Ideos logo, posted here previously, and it works fine. But i would still want red and white Huawei logo.

Hmm strange,this logo is directly from stock rom so should work. I, to change logo installed stock rom, and terminal emulator. then loaded. Maybe you put not in that directory where needed? don't know. But this is original screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommixoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tommixoft Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 03:13 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommixoft

Hmm strange,this logo is directly from stock rom so should work. I, to change logo installed stock rom, and terminal emulator. then loaded. Maybe you put not in that directory where needed? don't know. But this is original screen.

Noup, directory was data/cust/logo, all permissions given (with root explorer), terminal emulator given the root access (su-command), then typed: load_oemlogo.
I still would've doubted my doings IF I wouldn't have tried the oemlogo (black, with ideos-text) which was posted earlier in the thread and worked as it should. I noticed that both my original and black-ideos logos are exactly 750.00K (as root explorer expresses it) and yours is only 10.67K.. Maybe there's something wrong with the link?

Got it to work, I guess, that the link just didn't download properly on my phone. Downloaded it using the computer, and now all works just fine. Thanks, Tommi.

7th September 2011, 11:14 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vk_

Noup, directory was data/cust/logo, all permissions given (with root explorer), terminal emulator given the root access (su-command), then typed: load_oemlogo.
I still would've doubted my doings IF I wouldn't have tried the oemlogo (black, with ideos-text) which was posted earlier in the thread and worked as it should. I noticed that both my original and black-ideos logos are exactly 750.00K (as root explorer expresses it) and yours is only 10.67K.. Maybe there's something wrong with the link?

Got it to work, I guess, that the link just didn't download properly on my phone. Downloaded it using the computer, and now all works just fine. Thanks, Tommi.

Mine is 750Kb too. you downloaded it bad i mean not full. maybe connection fault. ALL RGB565 compressed files is 750
8th September 2011, 09:15 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMetaler

Nice for me.
Attachment 702379

Absolutely love this! Changed mine to this picture.

To all those having problems, this is how it worked for me:
  1. Download Paint.NET
  2. Add the rgb565.dll in the FileTypes folder (which can be found in the root directory of where you installed Paint.NET
  3. Open Paint.NET
  4. Open or design any image you want. Make sure that you resize it to Width: 479 pixels, Height: 798 pixels otherwise you will have an ugly little image with a bunch of ugly lines when you boot up your phone
  5. Save it as rgb565 format (Apparently the file should be around 750kb, if not.. probably the image size is wrong and it won't look nice on the phone)
  6. rename the file to oemlogo.mbn
  7. put that file on your sd card
  8. open root explorer on your phone and copy that file to /data/cust/logo (you will need to create a new folder named logo)
  9. set permissions to OWNER: Read Write, GROUP: Read, OTHERS: Read
  10. open Terminal Emulator and write su and press enter
  11. wait for a bit and then write load_oemlogo
  12. wait for a bit and write exit
  13. press the back softkey on your phone to close Terminal Emulator
  14. press and hold the power button and power off phone (I would not recommend that you use an applet to restart the phone, just do a PROPER shut down.. maybe it will need to save some files or something.. idk, this is how it worked for me)
  15. Press the power button again and your new customized logo SHOULD be there.

I don't know how this will work on custom ROMs, this worked for me on B136 Stock Rom Hope it works for you too. Enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcm9669 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tcm9669 Ad-Free
8th September 2011, 09:46 AM |#31  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 597

Donate to Me
More
I might put together a zip template so that you can easily flash the logo from recovery. Shouldn't be hard to do.

I should warn though that changing the splashscreen *could* be dangerous. With my old phone (Samsung i5700) if the splash was over a certain size then it would overwrite a section of the bootloader and brick the phone.

This might not be possible with our phones but it's just something to think about.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)