[APK] Tmo Sapphire AppPack APK available

Search This thread

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
For those wondering the app pack just is an application that contains market links for the following:

imeem Mobile
Phonebook
T-Mobile My Account
T-Mobile Mobile backup
Movies by Flixster

johnnylicious

Nov 9, 2008
thanks alot for this and here's screenshot of the AppPack

2czpji9.png

2cygs8w.png

j2kquest

Oct 4, 2007
Just for those that dont know
rename the file extension from .zip to .apk to enable installation on phone
thanks for the link, but as a uk user the T-mobile us apps dont show up in the search..just the other 3 apps

Jul 21, 2009
Sherpa and Facebook app doesn't show up because it's probably not "released" yet. When the MyTouch 3G officially launches, then it'll show up.

not according to these internal memos i got from a rep
Champions,

Hopefully by now you’ve had the chance to make your myTouch reflect you, inside and out! Today, we’re excited to announce that the new T-Mobile ‘AppPack’ is available for Champions, including the much-anticipated Sherpa application. In addition, ‘Work Email’ Exchange support has been issued broadly. Set up instructions for both are included below.

With only 3 weeks left until the launch of myTouch, we ask that Champions continue to lead by example and learn the phone, explore the marketplace and showcase how you’ve personalized your phone with your teammates. Let’s make this phone the most popular employee phone on your team!

AppPack

The AppPack, a “super app” that houses a number of T-Mobile recommended applications, is now ready for use. You can download it by clicking on this URL from your myTouch device and following the below instructions: http://www.tmoapps.com/Documents/AppPack.apk .

Applications include:

· Sherpa

· World Tour (Previously Le’ Tour Eiffel)

· Visual Voicemail

· myAccount

· Hotspot Locator

· imeem

· Movies by Flixster

· Facebook

· Enhance Phone Book

To ensure the download and installation is successful on your myTouch:

1. Select: Menu >Settings >Applications. Check the box to allow install of non-Marketplace apps (i.e. "Unknown Sources").

2. In ‘browser’ type the URL: http://www.tmoapps.com/Documents/AppPack.apk.

3. Select the AppPack.apk and install.

4. Once downloaded, the AppPack icon will appear in the App Drawer.

5. Select and drag the app to the Home screen.

Please note: You will need to re-download at the time of national launch, August 5. Again, this is a unique customer experience for Retail Champions that gives a “sneak peek” at these applications before launch. At launch, customers will receive an SMS with the link to the AppPack and be able to download all of them directly to their phone from the marketplace.

All,

We are evaluating issues with the AppPack and will circle back with updates. We understand many of the applications are missing and thank you for your patience. Please direct any troubleshooting questions or tips to the Firestarter Champion Forum:

http://salestraining.internal.t-mobile.com/MIB/retail/community_champion.html.

otto888

Can someone with a MyTouch build.prop enabled test the AppPack and see if the other apps show up?
EDIT:I'm doing it...on JACHero 2....whatever the latest version is.... and the MyTouch build.prop
EDIT2: Still the same......needs mytouch market APK(diffrent code?)?

Last edited:

cl2eep

Aug 27, 2008
Altamonte Springs, Florida
twitter.com
Well, I work for an exclusive third party retailer, i.e. I sell T-Mobile phones and service, but do not actually work for T-Mobile, and we have "Reps" that are sort of our ambassador to T-Mobile. They give us info on new phones, features, system changes, and what not. Perhaps that's what he is refering to.

Jul 21, 2009
Well, I work for an exclusive third party retailer, i.e. I sell T-Mobile phones and service, but do not actually work for T-Mobile, and we have "Reps" that are sort of our ambassador to T-Mobile. They give us info on new phones, features, system changes, and what not. Perhaps that's what he is refering to.

no, i have no affiliation with tmobile in anyway, just that a local rep was nice enough to keep me informed

otto888

....I'll be trying to get sherpa and other "MyTouch only" apps to show...does anyone have a myTouch ROM?
EDIT: Spoke to a t-Mobile rep,they say Sherpa isin't on the market until the mytouch official launch on August 5th....still looking for a Mytouch rom....

Last edited:

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
If the Sapphire rom is out, why can't anyone pull the .apk out of there and upload it?