[Guide][Info][WIP]Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 [DEV][ROOT]

Search This thread

IdeosDev

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2011
you two guys back to topic please... it is a B5330 thread, so not to confuse with other discussion please... okey... :good:

Just back from my day about the signature error i am discussing with some dev to solve it
So tired and exhausted.Need sometime :crying:

phyxar

May 6, 2011
it's updated with new link do check it out again :highfive:

New link had the same error with signature,

perhaps we should consider some other methode shuch as cfroot did flashing insecure kernel,

or we can pull the recovery.img from device or rom, and then put cwm on it via http://builder.clockworkmod.com, then flash it back to phone via odin.

And since I'm not a developer, technically I don't know how to do all that procedure :)

Sent from my GT-B5330 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

IdeosDev

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Chat Is Not An BCM21533 Device therefore posibility of porting is very minimal to the Galaxy Young.
It running on BCM2165X

Therrefore this are posibility of those

Advanced Low-Cost HSPA/EDGE Multimedia Baseband Processor

The BCM21654 baseband processor provides efficient, low-power cellular communications with cost-efficient multimedia and applications processing for entry-level 3G handsets. Built on an advanced low-power 40 nm lithography process, the BCM21654 incorporates a high-performance ARM® Cortex A9 applications processor, and supports efficient graphics, video, and image processing through its multimedia subsystem, which is based on Broadcom's VideoCore® IV technology. The BCM21654 also supports advanced 3G and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 7 modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE capabilities.

The BCM21654 is the baseband processor used on advanced, low-cost, 3G cellular platforms that include a BCM59039 power management unit and a BCM2091 2G/3G RFIC.

Request Product Info to learn more about Broadcom products or contact a Manufacturer Representative in your area.

Features
Advanced 2G/3G modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE
Advanced, cost-efficient applications processing subsystem
- ARM Cortex A9 processor up to 1 GHz
- Cost-optimized multimedia subsystem based on VideoCore 4 technology
- Support for 8 Mpixel (JPEG) imaging, 720p video playback, and accelerated 2D/3D graphics
High performance memory and peripheral interfaces
- 400 MHz LPDDR2 memory interface
- High-speed e.MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces
- MIPI® CSI2 and MIPI DSI serial interfaces
Advanced audio support
- MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WMA, and NB/WB AMR codecs
- Full integration of audio subsystem
- Very low power music playback capabilities

or

The Broadcom BCM21654 HSPA baseband integrates a powerful ARM Cortex™ A9 processor with high-end 3D graphics support and advanced processing for mass-market Android™ handsets. Manufactured in the advanced 40 nanometer (40nm) CMOS process, the new BCM21654 HSPA processor supports display resolutions up to WVGA with 20 million triangles per second providing mass-market smartphones with superior graphics and user interface performance generally found in higher-end devices. The BCM21654 includes built-in support for Android 2.3 and future releases.

The BCM21654 baseband includes an integrated 3G HSPA modem that supports 7.2 Megabits per second (Mbps) of downstream connectivity, 5.8 Mbps upstream, as well as Class 32 EDGE support for greater flexibility and worldwide roaming. The BCM21654 also includes 3G Dual-SIM capability that allows consumers to use the same handset for two different phone numbers or accounts, enabling applications such as access to work and personal cellular calls with one handset.

The BCM21654 Android platform is complemented by Broadcom's world-class connectivity devices, including the recently announced BCM4330 WLAN/Bluetooth/FM combo chip and the BCM47511 GPS chip with GPS + Glonass support. These devices utilize Broadcom's InConcert® technology that makes the various wireless technologies work better together.

Request Product Info to learn more about Broadcom products or contact a Manufacturer Representative in your area.

Features
High-speed ARM Cortex A9 processor for superior applications processing and advanced user interface support along with an ARM Cortex R4 communications processor
An integrated 3G HSPA modem that supports 7.2 Megabits per second (Mbps) of downstream connectivity, 5.8 Mbps upstream, as well as Class 32 EDGE support for greater flexibility and worldwide roaming
Dual-SIM capabilities that allows consumers to use the same handset for two different phone numbers or accounts, enabling applications such as access to work and personal cellular calls with one handset
The popular VideoCore® IV mobile multimedia processor core supporting:
-30 frames per second (fps) of playback and supports full-rate video standards such as H.264 at high-quality VGA resolution
-OpenGL® 2.0 3D graphics engine, enabling up to 20 million triangles per second
-12 megapixel (JPEG) cameras
-16 million colors, up to WVGA, and dual-displays

Will add this to the op

Reactions: hell_lock

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
Guys, I'm currently working on SplitFUS2 to have Galaxy Chat supported.
Soon I'm already able to split the KIES tar.md5 file to the separate files.
Now I need info to repack the files into PDA, CSC, and MODEM tarballs.
I guess this is the right combination.
PDA:
boot.img.md5
dt-blob.md5
hidden.img.md5
param.lfs.md5
recovery.img.md5
sboot.bin.md5
system.img.md5
MODEM:
BcmCP.img.md5
CSC:
cache.img.md5

Is there anyone who can confirm it?
Or is there anyone who are brave enough to test a stock firmware pack repacked by me? (Bricking is possible)

yabyuh22

May 29, 2012
Puerto Princesa City
PDA:
boot.img.md5
dt-blob.md5
hidden.img.md5
param.lfs.md5
recovery.img.md5
sboot.bin.md5
system.img.md5
MODEM:
BcmCP.img.md5
CSC:
cache.img.md5

Or is there anyone who are brave enough to test a stock firmware pack repacked by me? (Bricking is possible)

stock firmware of galaxy chat? to our little SGY?? can i be a tester and what bricking do you mean.. Hard or Soft Brick? :highfive:

phyxar

May 6, 2011
PDA:
boot.img.md5
dt-blob.md5
hidden.img.md5
param.lfs.md5
recovery.img.md5
sboot.bin.md5
system.img.md5
MODEM:
BcmCP.img.md5
CSC:
cache.img.md5

Wow.. good job doky :good: , i'd like to try it, but firstly can you make cwm-recovery.img for this b5330 so that I could make nandroid backup of this device, and if it's fail what is the worst possibily that could happen?

ialshafa

Oct 25, 2012
when i'm trying to root my phone and clicking the combos (volume down + home + power button) it redirect me to odin , not to recovery mode , what make its wrong ?

sorry for my bad english

ialshafa

Oct 25, 2012
ooh i see , thanks dude
but now the next problem is when i open the recovery mode , and then choose apply update from external sd card and choose update.zip it was failed , can anybody explain this ?

phyxar

May 6, 2011
ooh i see , thanks dude
but now the next problem is when i open the recovery mode , and then choose apply update from external sd card and choose update.zip it was failed , can anybody explain this ?

None of those methode (root nor cwm) mentioned above are works, its still facing signature problem, we are waiting another methode such as insecure kernel or modded recovery, hope the dev master here can fix these problem soon

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
SplitFUS2 B5330 support is ready for testing:
B5330_XWALI4_OXXALI3_XWLH1 (Sorry, I've accidentally deleted the file... New link coming soon!)
This is EXPERIMENTAL and CAN POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF IT HARMS TO YOUR PHONE

No one has tested it yet (including me, coz I don't have this phone)
If you're If you are brave enough to try, please report on any result!

Last edited:
Reactions: bogdan_rize

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since There's No Dedicated Forum Thread For The Newly Released Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330
    Here's some info i did grab from some particular user that maybe useful for user of Galaxy Chat
    Samsung_Galaxy_Chat-580-75.jpg

This Will Be Development Guide which include
    1. Rooting
    2. Device Info
    3. ROMS
    4. ODIN

NOTICES
    No Please Upload/Fix/Make/Build PM/Replies.
    All those PM will be reported & Replies will be ignore
    Code:
    All Method Is Based On Replies and Feedback
    I don't own the Samsung Galaxy Chat therefore install/flash/use with your own risk
    Therefore Any Changes Or Action Upon The Usage are all on your own responbility
    No one will be responsible for your device to brick or explode :fingers-crossed:

1. Rooting
      1. Enable Usb Debugging > Mount SD Card > Copy this file to root of sdcard
      2. Turn of the device for 10sec
      3. Boot into the stock recovery mode press Combo button method (Volume Down+Home+Power)
      4. On recovery use the volume +- to move around and select apply update from sdcard by pressing home
      5. Select the file you download & copied to sdcard by pressing home again
      6. After installation has complete do reboot and check whether root is working or not
        Download Root File
    2. Device Info
      chat2.jpg

Code:
      GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
      HSDPA 900 / 2100
      SIM Type: Mini-SIM
      Dimensions:118.9 x 59.3 x 11.7 mm
      Weight:112 g
      QWERTY Keyboard
      DISPLAY:TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
      Size	240 x 320 pixels, 3.0 inches (~133 ppi pixel density)
      MEMORY	: microSD, up to 32 GB
      Internal Memory : 4 GB storage
      GPRS&EDGE
      HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
      Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
      Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
      microUSB v2.0
      CAMERA : 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels Records VGA@25fps
      Android 4.0.4
      CPU	850 MHz
      Accelerometer, proximity, compass
      A-GPS support and GLONASS
      Li-Ion 1200 mAh
      Stand-by	Up to 520 h (2G) / Up to 380 h (3G)
      Talk time	Up to 14 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
      MISC	SAR US	 0.87 W/kg (head)     0.90 W/kg (body)    
      SAR EU	 0.46 W/kg (head)
      Other's to be updated once i get more info ok?
    3. List Of Rom
      Great thanks to buddy over sammobile & Also live.samsung-updates.com
      whom hassle free upon my request for Flashable Odin
      Therefore you may grab any of those from there or this few :
      B5330XWALH3
      B5330XWALI2
      B5330XCALI1
    4. Odin
      Why Odin?It's to restore to stock frimware if anything goes wrong
      How Boot B5330 Into Odin Mode?
      1. Turn off your phone
      2. Press the Home Key+Volume Down Key+Power Button until prompt a Warning Screen
      3. Once you saw the warning prompted at your screen proceed press the Volume Up Key
      4. After Press the Volume Up.You are now entering odin mode whereby the system will download all require driver for your device.
        P/s: Recommended that you have install kies for your computer before entering odin mode
        Here's the odin and pit files for the Galaxy Chat B5330 : Download

Credits :

Great people over Sammobiles & live.samsung-updates.com :victory:
    All involved in XDA :cool:
    Any Suggestion Is Welcomed But Within Ability
    This is an guide that not for you to copy on other place just for sake your publicity.
    Extra info will be added when possible
    Samsung Galaxy Chat Is Not An BCM21533 Device therefore posibility of porting is very minimal to the Galaxy Young.
    It running on BCM2165X

Therrefore this are posibility of those

The BCM21654 baseband processor provides efficient, low-power cellular communications with cost-efficient multimedia and applications processing for entry-level 3G handsets. Built on an advanced low-power 40 nm lithography process, the BCM21654 incorporates a high-performance ARM® Cortex A9 applications processor, and supports efficient graphics, video, and image processing through its multimedia subsystem, which is based on Broadcom's VideoCore® IV technology. The BCM21654 also supports advanced 3G and 2G cellular communications capabilities, incorporating a 3GPP Release 7 modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE capabilities.

The BCM21654 is the baseband processor used on advanced, low-cost, 3G cellular platforms that include a BCM59039 power management unit and a BCM2091 2G/3G RFIC.

Features
    Advanced 2G/3G modem with support for 5.8 Mbps HSUPA, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and Class 33 EDGE
    Advanced, cost-efficient applications processing subsystem
    - ARM Cortex A9 processor up to 1 GHz
    - Cost-optimized multimedia subsystem based on VideoCore 4 technology
    - Support for 8 Mpixel (JPEG) imaging, 720p video playback, and accelerated 2D/3D graphics
    High performance memory and peripheral interfaces
    - 400 MHz LPDDR2 memory interface
    - High-speed e.MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces
    - MIPI® CSI2 and MIPI DSI serial interfaces
    Advanced audio support
    - MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WMA, and NB/WB AMR codecs
    - Full integration of audio subsystem
    - Very low power music playback capabilities

or

The Broadcom BCM21654 HSPA baseband integrates a powerful ARM Cortex™ A9 processor with high-end 3D graphics support and advanced processing for mass-market Android™ handsets. Manufactured in the advanced 40 nanometer (40nm) CMOS process, the new BCM21654 HSPA processor supports display resolutions up to WVGA with 20 million triangles per second providing mass-market smartphones with superior graphics and user interface performance generally found in higher-end devices. The BCM21654 includes built-in support for Android 2.3 and future releases.

The BCM21654 baseband includes an integrated 3G HSPA modem that supports 7.2 Megabits per second (Mbps) of downstream connectivity, 5.8 Mbps upstream, as well as Class 32 EDGE support for greater flexibility and worldwide roaming. The BCM21654 also includes 3G Dual-SIM capability that allows consumers to use the same handset for two different phone numbers or accounts, enabling applications such as access to work and personal cellular calls with one handset.

The BCM21654 Android platform is complemented by Broadcom's world-class connectivity devices, including the recently announced BCM4330 WLAN/Bluetooth/FM combo chip and the BCM47511 GPS chip with GPS + Glonass support. These devices utilize Broadcom's InConcert® technology that makes the various wireless technologies work better together.

Features
    High-speed ARM Cortex A9 processor for superior applications processing and advanced user interface support along with an ARM Cortex R4 communications processor
    An integrated 3G HSPA modem that supports 7.2 Megabits per second (Mbps) of downstream connectivity, 5.8 Mbps upstream, as well as Class 32 EDGE support for greater flexibility and worldwide roaming
    Dual-SIM capabilities that allows consumers to use the same handset for two different phone numbers or accounts, enabling applications such as access to work and personal cellular calls with one handset
    The popular VideoCore® IV mobile multimedia processor core supporting:
    -30 frames per second (fps) of playback and supports full-rate video standards such as H.264 at high-quality VGA resolution
    -OpenGL® 2.0 3D graphics engine, enabling up to 20 million triangles per second
    -12 megapixel (JPEG) cameras
    -16 million colors, up to WVGA, and dual-displays

Some technical specs after i rip those thing down : This is very unofficial ATM

bluetooth :
    btlock.ko

WLAN/Wifi Chipset ::
    BCM4334B0_002.001.013.0056.0067_Murata_TESTONLY.hcd
    BCM4334B0_002.001.013.0056.0066.B53.I2S.Slave.TESTONLY.hcd
    BCM4334B0_002.001.013.0056.0067.VM.I2S.Slave.TESTONLY.hcd
    BCM4334B0_002.001.013.0079.0088.hcd
    BCM4334B0_002.001.013.0142.0145_RC

Partitioning setup:
    ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
    ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
    ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /cache
    ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

Speaker & Audio:
    tpa2018d1
    audience_a1026

Sensor :
    akm8973
    bma150
    cm3602
    akm8976

NFC?:
    bcmi2cnfc

Good News for Galaxy Chat!
    :laugh: Easiest way to Root Galaxy chat Soooooon...
    :good:
    Follow the link in my Signature!!
    Hello..
    I also want to root my phone.
    Does rooting allowed to galaxy chat or not yet.

XDA-developers you all are doing a great job.!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Just working on it, to provide easiest way to all galaxy chat users, I'll do my best..... so give me some time, I will come with the new way for galaxy chat rooting, may be also with custom rom :)

@ETT
    @Doky73
    Please give me support for galaxy chat, I am expecting from you for some minor help, as now I solved the signature error of recovery....

Thanks....