[Build Guide][Flo/Deb] - Pure AOSP 6.0.0_r1

Search This thread

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
Let me know if that works. I had tried a couple insertion points but never got it to take.
And dont put it at the very end... It will error out for you, lol

Yes, it will work if placed after the unzipping of the target files before they are built into the final zip by releasetools.py. If the goal is to remove them rather than prevent them from being created then we must perform it at that point and delete them from /out/target/product/flo/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/(package name).

The only issue I run into now is that I need to define the script and point things in the right direction. See my screenshot...

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Yes, it will work if placed after the unzipping of the target files before they are built into the final zip by releasetools.py. If the goal is to remove them rather than prevent them from being created then we must perform it at that point and delete them from /out/target/product/flo/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/(package name).

The only issue I run into now is that I need to define the script and point things in the right direction. See my screenshot...

Thats the error I was getting too when I placed it at the very end. Good luck.

I just secure erased my Linux SSD so I could re-install Ubnutu 14.04. The 14.10 was nothing but crash after crash so I will be out of the build game for the rest of the night but will be on XDA.

GROGG88

Feb 15, 2011
Lone Star State
joshuaglenlee.com
Thats the error I was getting too when I placed it at the very end. Good luck.

I just secure erased my Linux SSD so I could re-install Ubnutu 14.04. The 14.10 was nothing but crash after crash so I will be out of the build game for the rest of the night but will be on XDA.

OT: Been running Ubuntu-gnome14.04 since it was beta. No problems at all! Haven't bothered with 14.10. Good luck getting things back up. I'm done for the night...

supersaayuj

Apr 5, 2014
Mumbai
@scrosler you've made my day! I've no intention of flashing factory images of lollipop after they come out!
PureAOSP is a alot stable and is pre-rooted now with some battery-draining issues(which will get solved later on) :highfive:
Awesome work! :D

Scott

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 7
Yes, thats proper. I dont know what to say other than consider a fresh reload of factory images.

@scrosler you've made my day! I've no intention of flashing factory images of lollipop after they come out!
PureAOSP is a alot stable and is pre-rooted now with some battery-draining issues(which will get solved later on) :highfive:
Awesome work! :D

Right on!

Scott

Deb boots great, everything working great :). Stable, faster than previous build (maybe just my imagination). Only problem is root for some reason not working. Thanks again for your hard work.

Root works but it depends on the app

For example; I cannot obtain root with ES File Explorer but can with Root Browser by jrummy.

Apps need to be updated.

But glad I got it right this ;)

Faster... Nah, shouldn't be, lol

hhairplane

May 4, 2011

For example; I cannot obtain root with ES File Explorer but can with Root Browser by jrummy.

Apps need to be updated.

Strangely though, none of the root apps work, StickMount, AdAway, MultiROM, Solid Explorer. These all worked in Build2 with the modified boot.img by darkobas.

The SuperSU log is also empty. This is similar to how B2 without boot.img.

matcho13579

Mar 23, 2011

Apps need to be updated.

I got same problem on my brother's Lenovo A7-50 (root not working in some apps), then I tried to install stericson's Busybox Installer from Play and I was able to gain root on these apps(don't know if there's any busybox presented in the ROM and if it's possible to use it on Lollipop)

Reactions: Ambious

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
I got same problem on my brother's Lenovo A7-50 (root not working in some apps), then I tried to install stericson's Busybox Installer from Play and I was able to gain root on these apps(don't know if there's any busybox presented in the ROM and if it's possible to use it on Lollipop)

Thank you, that indeed solved root issues for whatever remaining programs didn't work!
Titanium Backup even loads now :D
Perfect solution!

Scott

Strangely though, none of the root apps work, StickMount, AdAway, MultiROM, Solid Explorer. These all worked in Build2 with the modified boot.img by darkobas.

The SuperSU log is also empty. This is similar to how B2 without boot.img.

Yeah, there is no busybox installed.

When you go into the SuperSU what version do you have and it does it warn binaries are not installed?

attachment.php

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,416
Last edited:

Scott

Could i juat flash the B4 zip to update it?

You would have to flash Gapps and SuperSU afterwards.

There is no actual change in the ROM from build 1 to build 4 except HOW the ROM installs.

So if you flash build 4 over build 1 your going to have the EXACT same thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a PURE AOSP ROM build guide. I have opted not to post an actual AOSP ROM based on 6.0.0 due to the fact I just dont care for it much. The instructions are up to date as of 10/21/2015

Deprecated-> This thread is about learning to build your own ROM following the instructions in post #2. The ROM posted in this thread is for example output. Feel free to download and use the ROMS @GROGG88 and I build! Feel free to try and build your own. We will try to help!

Quick Change Log
    • 10/21 - Updated guide to reflect Android version 6.0.0_r1. No ROM for download (at this time).
    • 1/17 - Updated build with official 5.0.2 Binaries. Fixed Browser "Settings" crash.
    • 12/19 - Updated my Flo builds to Android 5.0.2_r1
    • 12/9 - Updated my Flo build. Will not be doing a Deb Build any more.
    • 12/2 @GROGG88 has updated his builds. I have not! I will update tomorrow. I did however get thefactory stock rooted ROM up HERE!
    • 11/18 - @GROGG88 and I have joined forces to create two ROMS! I will be creating PURE AOSP ROMS and he will be creating Modified ROMS with many useful features! Each ROM can als be user built because all commits are shared in post #2!!!
    • 11/15 - B8 - Updated the 5.0.0_r6. Deb is only using preview binaries due to lack of final binary files.
    • 11/14 - B7 - Updated the 5.0.0_r5. Deb is only using preview binaries due to lack of final binary files.
    • 11/10 - B6 - File system install instead of block install, Added Google Location Services to framework, Fixed a root issue that couple DEB users were having
    • 11/9 - B5 - Changed wallpaper again. Fixed stock recovery at source level (Thanks to @Gnome and @GROGG88)
    • 11/8 - B4 - Changed wallpaper to android 5 Wallpaper, fixed reverting to stock recovery (No need for save-recovery.zip), pre-rooted boot.img (No need for extra boot.img!)
    • 11/7 - B3 - Removed it. Bad files. Reverted back to Build 2.
    • 11/5 - B2 -- Fixed MTP bug that google has left in every version of AOSP, made ROM recovery flashable and added 2 zips to the OP
    • 11/4 - B1 - Update to 5.0.0_r2. PC install via fastboot

Additional Downloads
    • Root by @Chainfire HERE!
    • Gapps for Lollipop HERE! There may be others so shop around!
    • Stericson's Busybox in flashable zip format is attached! Thanks to @Stericson for the binaries!

@GROGG88's Special Builds are HERE!

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

Please hit Thanks! It just as easy as hitting Download!
    Ubuntu 14.04 Set up and Build Guide

Updated 11/05/2014

Feel free to ask any questions about the build process. Do not ask questions about Ubuntu!

This guide assumes the following
    1. Have Ubuntu 14.04 setup, fully operation, and up to date. Hard Machine or Virtual, makes no difference. Must meet the minimum specs for compiling. Info from Google HERE
    2. Understand terminal command line entry as this is all command line processors.
    3. You are not here to ask for help with Linux, only the Android build process!

Add Java
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk

Add Build tools (Adds the required packages at the time of this posting)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
      zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
      libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
      libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
      python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

Add Repo command (Syncs Google Repository with your local machine)
    Code:
    mkdir ~/bin && curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo && chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

Add bin folder to path for repo command (After you do this close Terminal and re-open to institute changes (easy way))
    Code:
    sudo gedit .bashrc
    export PATH=~/bin:$PATH <-(add to end of bashrc)

Identify Yourself to the Repo (One day you may make commits so think about that when choosing your info!)
    Code:
    git config --global user.email "you@youremail.com"
    git config --global user.name "yourpreferredusername"

Synch Repo (Download source... Sit back and grab a pop and a sandwich...)
    Code:
    mkdir ~/AOSP
    cd ~/AOSP
    repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-6.0.0_r1
    repo sync
    Note: I use AOSP as my directory name. You can use what you want. You could use "aosp" or "Source" or "android" or "whateveryoulike"

Install proprietary binaries (Needed for things like GPS and Bluetooth, they are not Open Source like android) (Install proprietary binaries from here in the root of AOSP folder (or whatever you called yours))
    Code:
    [url]https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers[/url]

Run envsetup.sh
    Code:
    source build/envsetup.sh

Choose Device
    Code:
    lunch

Build it!
    Code:
    make -j8 otapackage

See Build Notes and ramblings from me in post #3!
    I have decided to bring this project out of the shadows. The builds are now accessible through dedicated device threads:

hammerhead

flo

deb
    Notes
    • The ROM build will be a PURE AOSP ROM with no Gapps at all. See links in post #1 to PA Gapps for a good set of Google Apps!
    • The ROM will also have terminal level SU. So becareful! In other words its fully rooted and could be open to vulnerabilities. Flash your favorite Superuser Package if you need it. I dont. I recommend SuperSU by @Chainfire HERE. Download the flashable zip and flash after you flash ROM.
    • make -j8 is the number of worker threads that the make command will use to build. To me 8 is a safe number for an i7 processors. For an i5 Processor I would use -j4. I have experimented with a multitude of different values and it seems to me that the number of logical cores is also the best number to use with the make command.
    • Google recommends between -j24 and -j32 (to me that is excessive and causes my machine to error out every once in a while). Keep in mind the higher you push the more load the CPU will undertake. If your O/C'ing real hard you better have some nice cooling! I had to cut back OC on my 4770k from 4.65 to 4.4 with a Corsair H60 cooler just so it wouldn't over heat. When in doubt start low.
    • My i7 machine clocked at 4.4 and 16 gigs of RAM on a Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gig SSD take about 38 minutes to build the entire ROM.
    • With a 50 Meg download link it took maybe 30 to 45 minutes to sync the repo.

Changes from Source
    Build 6 is up!

The following changes were made...

• File system install instead of block install
    • Added Google Location Services to framework
    • Fixed a root issue that couple DEB users were having

The ROM is now like a standard ROM install as far as the system.dat vs a /system install. What does this mean? It means you edit the ROM now like add your own apps, take things out and repost it with your changes (as long as credit is given).

Edit: I posted a Diff of all changes made from Source to this ROM. Its in post #2 for anyone wanting to know the changes that were made to get it where its at.

Enjoy!