FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2013, 03:42 PM |#1701  
Upgraded my dads phone with Kies worked great and he loves it. Trying to get him to go custom now.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerseymarine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerseymarine Ad-Free

29th January 2013, 06:00 PM |#1702  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail

I used the "TeamEpic-Root-From-Recovery-v5" method to root my ICS AT&T S3. My device status showed "modified".

Checked OTA yesterday, said an update was available so I figured Id give it a shot (after I did a nandroid).

It installed 4.1.1 LK3 on my device and prompted when finished if I wanted to keep CWM or let it flash stock recovery (which I chose to keep CWM), as well as if I wanted to re-inject root (which I did).

The Samsung keyboard was laggy, but I just put Jelly Bean keyboard on it and it is good to go. Everything else is going good and fully functional, device status still shows "modified". Battery seems fine (so far, not really long enough to tell yet).

Just figured I'd throw it out there...

Strange that.... I was not able to install with CWM using built in upgrade process. It kept complaining about some failed verification in recovery prior to flashing. I finally wound up installing "mobile ODin", selected the OTA file (after moving/renaming it to a zip). It flashed, then replaced my recovery with it's own during the (re)rooting.

Then again I could have been doing something wrong as this is my first Android (with only 6 days usage before trying to break it-grin)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)