FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2012, 06:56 PM |#501  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKsFiles

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I really don't think it's going to be 4.2.
I think you guys are day dreaming

EDIT : Best case scenario, it's going to be 4.1.2 ... which I think is much more plausible.

I'm with you, best case scenario it will be 4.1.2. If AT&T is jumping directly to 4.2 then the release date won't be soon. 4.2 is barely out there.

28th November 2012, 06:57 PM |#502  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon

Updated 1st post with results.

Thank you ALL for tweeting. At least we've changed their standard answer. And I think when they say "very near future," we're talking within the next week (my prediction); definitely before 2012 and way before Christmas, at the least, I think.

They took time to add the word "very" to their responses; why do that? They can't be that sadistic to write "very" and then wait until the end of December. Their scale of time can't be that off.

And, they tweeted to two people that the update was going to be 4.2; combine this with that now-closed thread from an AT&T employee stating it was 4.2. Guys, I think things are shaping up very well here.

~Ibrahim~

You certainly deserve a pat on the back for taking the initiative! Good work!

Here are a couple of observations that seem to put doubt on their 4.2 claim:

1. Google just released 4.2 two weeks ago, and it's hard to believe that AT&T is rolling it out in the "very near future". 4.1 was officially released in July, but AT&T has been testing it since May. This leads me to believe that we will wait at least 6-7 months before we get anywhere near 4.2.

2. 4.2 had several major bugs when it was released. As of yesterday, Google began pushing out 4.2.1 to the Nexus devices, in order to rectify these bugs. Since AT&T is so concerned with (bloatware) compatibility, I highly doubt they'll release 4.2 in its current state.

With that being said, I am curious to finally see what AT&T considers to be "very near future".
The Following User Says Thank You to kgbkny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgbkny Ad-Free
28th November 2012, 07:11 PM |#503  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

1. Google just released 4.2 two weeks ago, and it's hard to believe that AT&T is rolling it out in the "very near future". 4.1 was officially released in July, but AT&T has been testing it since May. This leads me to believe that we will wait at least 6-7 months before we get anywhere near 4.2.

2. 4.2 had several major bugs when it was released. As of yesterday, Google began pushing out 4.2.1 to the Nexus devices, in order to rectify these bugs. Since AT&T is so concerned with (bloatware) compatibility, I highly doubt they'll release 4.2 in its current state.

With that being said, I am curious to finally see what AT&T considers to be "very near future".

Ps they could have delayed if they were gonna release 4.2 let's say bit with all the bugs they were waiting for the 4.2 1?

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests
28th November 2012, 07:16 PM |#504  
Flag Savannah, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 16,557

Donate to Me
More
I spoke with 2 different reps last night on the live chat thing & they both told me that it was gonna be 4.2. I even asked both of them 2 times "Are you sure it's gonna be 4.2 & not 4.1.2?" & both of them told me that it would be 4.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
28th November 2012, 07:33 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieL811

I spoke with 2 different reps last night on the live chat thing & they both told me that it was gonna be 4.2. I even asked both of them 2 times "Are you sure it's gonna be 4.2 & not 4.1.2?" & both of them told me that it would be 4.2.

The plot thickens ....dun da daaaaaaaa

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
28th November 2012, 07:46 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2690b

i just went ahead and installed the latest stable CM10... its great except that i cant seem to run samsung apps (specifically wanting to run polaris viewer for office document viewing)... anyone have any idea how to do that?

Unfortunately, you can't. They utilize different frameworks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 07:47 PM |#507  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

Ps they could have delayed if they were gonna release 4.2 let's say bit with all the bugs they were waiting for the 4.2 1?

Surprised wouldn't be the word to describe how I'd feel if AT&T actually released 4.2. However, Samsung hasn't even released it to their unlocked models. I think it's just AT&T reps being typically misinformed.
28th November 2012, 07:55 PM |#508  

More
Quote:

Surprised wouldn't be the word to describe how I'd feel if AT&T actually released 4.2. However, Samsung hasn't even released it to their unlocked models. I think it's just AT&T reps being typically misinformed.

Possible definitely probable

28th November 2012, 08:15 PM |#509  
Flag Savannah, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 16,557

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah. They could definitely be blowing smoke!!!

28th November 2012, 08:22 PM |#510  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 49

More

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

4.2 just MIGHT be the AT&T update! Look at #1 above "4.1 was officially released in July, but AT&T has been testing it since May" So that means the carriers get the new software 2-3 months before it is release by Google? And Google is releasing 4.2.1 for the nexus 4, 7, 10 now! And Samsung released 4.1 to the rest of the world in Sept-Oct. (too soon for another update?) Why couldn't AT&T and even Verizon jump 4.1.x and go straight to 4.2.1? Their bloatware probably didn't need to be changed that much from 4.1 compatibility to be 4.2 compatible IMHO. We'll just have to wait and see what we get!!!!!!!!!! (it feels like Christmas!)
28th November 2012, 09:46 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Well, if by some chance we get 4.2 in the next week or two, I would be satisfied, granted I don't know why they would release that without the 4.2.1 that was just released.

Also, Samsung's website now shows that the AT&T version of the S3 comes with 4.1 but the buy now link takes you to bestbuy which still shows 4.0. No one seems to be on the same page...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)