New bug in TouchFlo3D with weather forecast?

Search This thread

GreenFrog

Nov 10, 2008
I noticed this evening something strange. I wanted to check a weather forecast on my HD, but when I scrolled to the specified tab, I saw the screen comming up (no weather picture comming up though, and the button Update now was there, but not functioning at all) but nothing happened for a few seconds, and Touchflo3D hangs completely with the following error:

Wer're sorry

A problem has occured with manila.exe
blablabla
Send - Don't send

The stock forecast is working properly though.

Anyone experienced somehting like this as well, or somebody know what I can do to resolve this? I already tried to unload as many programs to be sure that those could not cause it. Also I have not installed something before that happend (at least that I'm aware of, but I don't know what the last time was I could access the Weather forecast correctly actually). The last program I installed was Igo8, but that isn't related at all to that, isn't it... I also reset my device, but the problem is still there...

I hope someone can help me with this. Otherwise I have to hard-reset my HD again, which I don't want to actually.... :(

Thanks in advance.

GreenFrog

GreenFrog

Nov 10, 2008
Anybody who can help me with this? Is there maybe something I can check in the executable of Manila, or just a part of it. Or can I re-installe the weather app in some kind of way?

GreenFrog

GreenFrog

Nov 10, 2008
I've never experienced the issue that you are describing. Did you try a hard reset? Perhaps that should suffice for now until someone acknowledges a fix.

Well, that's just the part I want to perform at last. I did a hard reset about a week ago, and have everything installed again; would like to keep it and try to fix only the weather app; that's the only one which is causing the error.

GreenFrog

Nov 10, 2008
Hmm, I thought I had the answer by deleting the database cache for within \\Touch HD T8282\Application Data\HTC\databases, but still not. Although I'm a little further now, in the meaning that I can see the picture within the tab, but when it tries to update, manila hangs completely and TouchFlo3D restarts again. But when the cache is deleted, and I hook my HD up to my pc and it wants to try to update, it sees there is no connection and comes up with the screen to retry or not. If I select 'No', I can come into the menu, also when I've disconnected it from my system... and keeps running, until I click update again of course...

Have to see what the next part could be. Although the weather application is not that important, I really like to know what could have caused this...

GreenFrog

Nader-1

Dec 1, 2008
hey guys.
I have problems by adding up locations to forcast list.
after choosing country (us) the city list doesn't scroll down and keep going up to clorado spring.
any idea???

cmccmc

Jan 1, 2009
hi greenfrog. i discovered i'm having exactly the same problem you have. have you finally found a solution to this? i hard did a hard reset and installed things (nothing weird) and it happened. i was ok right after the hard reset though...

cmccmc

Jan 1, 2009
as a matter of fact, i hv both greenfrog and nadar-1's problems.
but nadar-1's problem can be manipulated by "holding the scroll"..though i know there is still a limit.

the weather tab crash with manila.exe error is more serious.

cmccmc

Jan 1, 2009
Hi Greenfrog,

I solved my problem. My crash was caused by a tweak in Regional Settings I did. Hope it helps your situation.