[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

swapnil360

Nov 16, 2011
I think that the thanks button should be disabled in the off topic forums. Because people are getting thanked for posting images of memes and rage faces. Also it leads to threads like "hit my thanks button and I'll thank you". Also, just like development forums, posting in OT forum before making 10 posts shouldn't be allowed.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: TERRY72763

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Can I request to put an end to all the threads we see which are for users from a specific country?

The way I see it, all that's needed is a general discussion thread where all discussions can be made. It's obviously got nothing to do with discriminating against those countries members which participate in those threads, but shouldn't XDA try to unify rather than try and separate from each other?

''Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but absolute powerlessness does the same''

Reactions: stelios97

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Can I request to put an end to all the threads we see which are for users from a specific country?

The way I see it, all that's needed is a general discussion thread where all discussions can be made. It's obviously got nothing to do with discriminating against those countries members which participate in those threads, but shouldn't XDA try to unify rather than try and separate from each other?

''Absolute power corrupts absolutely, but absolute powerlessness does the same''

Disagree. Unless someone is going to take on maintaining the OP with all the possible ways to get it. See, playstore is not available everywhere, and people have try really hard to get it cheaper or to get it at all in some countries, so any country specific information can be very important.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Disagree. Unless someone is going to take on maintaining the OP with all the possible ways to get it. See, playstore is not available everywhere, and people have try really hard to get it cheaper or to get it at all in some countries, so any country specific information can be very important.

It wouldn't be too hard to keep an OP up to date though. I personally have nothing wrong with the threads, but why should it seem like a separate one is needed for a ton of countries?

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
It wouldn't be too hard to keep an OP up to date though. I personally have nothing wrong with the threads, but why should it seem like a separate one is needed for a ton of countries?

Each country has different shops/import/taxation system.

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Each country has different shops/import/taxation system.

If the chat in those threads was only linked to the country specific device chat then that's fair enough.
The fact that 99% of the posts are simply general discussion, does the thread seem worth it? Of course not.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
If the chat in those threads was only linked to the country specific device chat then that's fair enough.
The fact that 99% of the posts are simply general discussion, does the thread seem worth it? Of course not.

That's true. But everything is OT there atm, since device hasn't been released yet, so I'd suggest just to be patient and wait till it's out there in the wild.

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
That's true. But everything is OT there atm, since device hasn't been released yet, so I'd suggest just to be patient and wait till it's out there in the wild.

It's not even just the Nexus 4 forum, which is why I didn't specify a forum. All the device forums which have those types of threads are exactly the same.

spenc938

Nov 6, 2012
Sorry if this is an inappropriate question for the topic, but when does the captcha verification to post go away? I'm half blind and I usually have to refresh it 3 or 4 times before I get one I can read.

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I think that the thanks button should be disabled in the off topic forums. Because people are getting thanked for posting images of memes and rage faces. Also it leads to threads like "hit my thanks button and I'll thank you". Also, just like development forums, posting in OT forum before making 10 posts shouldn't be allowed.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Whether we allow thaniking in OT we can re-consider, though it may depend on how easy it is to change on a forum by forum basis. I have marked this for discussion.

Not allowing posting in OT before you have made your first 10 posts. This along with idea that posts in OT should not count towards a User's first 10 posts, has been considered many times. It sounds sensible doesn't it, otherwise a user can just got to OT and make 10 quick useless posts and get entry to development forums. BUT, it is preferable that a User, minded to quickly get to 10 posts, does so in OT rather than spreading crap all over the forums. At least there in OT it concentrates such posts in one place, where perhaps we can spot it. Not counting posts in OT for such people, will simply encourage them to go spoil other forums and perhaps scatter their posts around so they don't get spotted. Remember we have 1500 new users per day, so that could amount to a lot of useless posting across most of the forums. If they are going to post crap, let's at least have them do it in OT. But I agree, it's not a perfect solution.

tallyforeman

Nov 18, 2011
The Bikini State!
Tomsgt has really put alot of time and effort to give the X2 forum a great detail of information. Is there any way to sticky a thread or two that he has going? I feel like its a great help not only to the new users, but to some of us that things sometime slip our minds. Here's an example below. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1683827[/

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
I mentioned this in the SPAM users thread yesterday as part of a report, but it's needed to be posted here aswell.

Can an admin look into getting the HTC Wizard forum set as read-only?
It's in the low legacy forum as it is and there aren't many proper lists in there anyway. All that happens over there is spammers filling out the HTC Wizard accessories forum. It's not just a single occurrence either. Spammers attack that forum quite a lot.

Reactions: ppero196

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Out of plain curiosity, why do you hate the poor guy so much?

You can send him a PM with details of the problem you have with him, and maybe he will understand

As OP of my thread, I simply do not want him hanging out in there. I have asked him to go play somewhere else several times, but I'm fed up with his antics. It's always childish behavior, or feeling the need to start drama wherever he goes. I don't want his nonsense in my thread where we're all just wanting to have a nice time. I've asked him several times to leave, and he is now posting in there simply because he knows he annoys me.

As boborone said, I'm not looking for an infraction, since being an annoying child isn't against the rules. Just looking for someone to set him straight on the matter that I do not want him in my thread. Not asking for him to stop following me around the forum, or stop posting in other threads. I just want my little space of the forum to be free of him, so I don't see red every time I log in.

Reactions: ppero196

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
I mentioned this in the SPAM users thread yesterday as part of a report, but it's needed to be posted here aswell.

Can an admin look into getting the HTC Wizard forum set as read-only?
It's in the low legacy forum as it is and there aren't many proper lists in there anyway. All that happens over there is spammers filling out the HTC Wizard accessories forum. It's not just a single occurrence either. Spammers attack that forum quite a lot.

Legacy forums always get hitted first.
Since its area with less activity, it could be good practice ground for new FSMs

P.S. Accidental thanks :D

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai

RMpV4.png

UBZxF.png

xswml.png

Of the first ten threads in the general fora, 8 are country specific threads :crying:
Why?

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, Man and Knife"

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK

RMpV4.png

UBZxF.png

xswml.png

Of the first ten threads in the general fora, 8 are country specific threads :crying:
Why?

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, Man and Knife"

Because of shambolic Google launch. It is country specific. They will die out by themselves eventually once people start getting their devices.

Welcome to Anonymous Nooboholics. My name is tinky.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.