OP Member
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazyras

Hi,

towelRoot has worked for me. Now I've made HardReset, and still have Root, but System status is Custom (Knox is 0x0). How can I get back System status Official?

Regards!

H.

• Your system status should have remained official. Was it to official before you used TowelRoot What did you do after you obtained root?
  • To unroot, simply install Chainfire`s SU from playstore, and in the settings you have an option to unroot.
  • To answer your second question, one way to regain your system to official, is to flash an official ROM to your phone. Make sure it`s an official version. (you can browse a lot of official ROMS on sammobile.com, try to get one that has the same CSC as your phone. You will need to flash it via ODIN however)

22nd June 2014, 07:56 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can i sim unlock my uk note 3 is there a tutorial please thanks
22nd June 2014, 08:31 PM |#33  
OP Member
Flag Oradea

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernet707

How can i sim unlock my uk note 3 is there a tutorial please thanks

22nd June 2014, 09:01 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i rooted my n9005 with this tool and my phone got "custom" status and no updates. well, that´s not my concern. the problem is that rooting disables miracast (or allsharecast, screen mirror, whatever...) and video share in group play. is there any way to solve these issues? i don't care having a "custom" status or sh*t knox tripped
22nd June 2014, 09:05 PM |#35  
OP Member
Flag Oradea

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meneses.leonardo

i rooted my n9005 with this tool and my phone got "custom" status and no updates. well, that´s not my concern. the problem is that rooting disables miracast (or allsharecast, screen mirror, whatever...) and video share in group play. is there any way to solve these issues? i don't care having a "custom" status or sh*t knox tripped

Can you tell me please what version of android you are running on and the kernel number / date?

PS: also note that if you got a custom system status, it means something messed around with your system binaries, or kernel.
22nd June 2014, 09:13 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterR

Can you tell me please what version of android you are running on and the kernel number / date?

KK 4.4.2 official n9005xxuend3

kernel [email protected] #1 MON APR 14 17:32:48 KST 2014

By the way, thanks
22nd June 2014, 09:25 PM |#37  
OP Member
Flag Oradea

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meneses.leonardo

KK 4.4.2 official n9005xxuend3

kernel [email protected] #1 MON APR 14 17:32:48 KST 2014

By the way, thanks

EDITED: Watch the next post, before trying this one.

Hmm, I would suggest trying to install another official RON, via odin, and then rooting.

Since you have an XX (multi-css) ROM, and I presume your phone is from Netherlands, you maybe can try and flash the ROM I am on (link here) or another unlocked ROM from any of this country`s Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom.

The take-away here being for the ROM to have multi CSC, so you don`t lose your sales codes.

This is the link for your current ROM, untouched:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=PHN#firmware

LE:

If you decide to try this, please come back and post your results. This should get you back to official status.
Please note that this will wipe your device.
Also you may try to do a factory reset, and see if you get rid of the custom status.
22nd June 2014, 09:40 PM |#38  
OP Member
Flag Oradea

More
Exclamation TRY THIS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterR

Hmm, I would suggest trying to install another official RON, via odin, and then rooting.

Since you have an XX (multi-css) ROM, and I presume your phone is from Netherlands, you maybe can try and flash the ROM I am on (link here) or another unlocked ROM from any of this country`s Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom.

The take-away here being for the ROM to have multi CSC, so you don`t lose your sales codes.

This is the link for your current ROM, untouched:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=PHN#firmware

LE:

If you decide to try this, please come back and post your results. This should get you back to official status.
Please note that this will wipe your device.
Also you may try to do a factory reset, and see if you get rid of the custom status.

Before doing anything else, enter BOOT-LOADER (from power off, power on while pressing volume up + home) and do a Cache Wipe.

See if this will solve the Custom status. Please reply here if it does. Thanks!
22nd June 2014, 09:45 PM |#39  
OP Member
Flag Oradea

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazyras

Hi,

towelRoot has worked for me. Now I've made HardReset, and still have Root, but System status is Custom (Knox is 0x0). How can I get back System status Official?

Regards!

H.

You can try and enter BOOT-LOADER (from power off, power on while pressing volume up + home) and do a Cache Wipe.

See if this will solve the Custom status. Please reply here if it does. Thanks!
22nd June 2014, 09:48 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guys, towelroot worked for me as well but I have a few questions about root apps which can possibly turn the Firmware Status into CUSTOM.

I froze most System apps from Samsung but now I wanna make Google Maps into a System Apps so I can greenify them.

So far nothing has changed, my device still shows "official" as well as "knox 0"
(Greenifynon-pro, TiBu Freezes, Adaway, Xposed Wanam)

But I'm afraid deleting a System app (by converting it into a User-App fro Greenify) is going to trip the Firmware Status or even Knox?.
(I wanna do that to Dropbox and Google music etc. as well)

Has anyone tried this out successfully?
23rd June 2014, 12:35 AM |#41  
Flag Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 9

More
worked perfectly
thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-22 23.10.44.png
Views:	939
Size:	177.9 KB