Thanks Meter: 31

By EwanG, Senior Member on 26th December 2011, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2012, 12:59 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Drivers.zip
hi everyone....
can anyone post drivers.zip to download? or send me for email ([email protected]). i don`t find it in my streak7.

thanks...
2nd April 2012, 05:10 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Another vote for a SD root solution!
Add my name to the list for a SD root solution, as I have followed all the help files to the "T" and to the "LETTER" and have not succeeded in rooting my device?!?

All I really want to do is:
: edit my 'HOST' file so that I don't get so many pop-up adds.
: add the app "RUN FROM SD" so that I can load and run apps fro the "SD"
: And maybe use the utility "CHANGE ID" so that I can try a few APP's that currently the 'STREAK-7' does not have access to such as the Feb/2012 release of the 'Crackle.com' video app.

avid
13th April 2012, 08:16 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need help, same for me

hi everyone....
can anyone post drivers.zip to download? or send me for email ([email protected]). i don`t find it in my streak7.

thanks...
9th May 2012, 06:52 AM |#34  

More
Unhappy Rooting non-stock honeycomb
Hi All,
I have a DS7 US4G version which I have updated from Froyo to HC. These are the specs

Android Version 3.2
Kernel 2.6.36.3
baseband 11.810.09.06.00
Build Number 19534

I am complete newbie. I did the previous update with a help of a friend of mine. I "think" this a stock rom, but as my DS7 was a tmobile, I had to get this from XDA. So I am not sure whether it is stock rom.

My tablet hangs and get stuck once in few weeks or in a month. I do the factory reset and re-install all apps through Astro app backup. But it is very time consuming process.

I tried to install the package given in this but it says update not compatible. I think I have to root as previously.

But I have see many advises from experts in the group saying rooting with custom roms is not recommended.

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Manjula
10th May 2012, 05:40 AM |#35  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Lightbulb Search
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjulapra

Hi All,
I have a DS7 US4G version which I have updated from Froyo to HC. These are the specs

Android Version 3.2
Kernel 2.6.36.3
baseband 11.810.09.06.00
Build Number 19534

I am complete newbie. I did the previous update with a help of a friend of mine. I "think" this a stock rom, but as my DS7 was a tmobile, I had to get this from XDA. So I am not sure whether it is stock rom.

My tablet hangs and get stuck once in few weeks or in a month. I do the factory reset and re-install all apps through Astro app backup. But it is very time consuming process.

I tried to install the package given in this but it says update not compatible. I think I have to root as previously.

But I have see many advises from experts in the group saying rooting with custom roms is not recommended.

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Manjula

Search "T-mobile" and you will find some help there in previous posts.
10th May 2012, 10:31 AM |#36  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have a dell streak 7 factory reset to 2.3.3
I have once rooted another android phone and it has been about two years ago.. I just need to know what version of CMW to use..

android ver. 2.3.3
baseband - GAUSB1A1406214-US
Kernal Ver - 2.6.35.7-perf
build - 20707

any help to get this sucker rooted would be so much appreciated..
I just need to make sure I dont flash the wrong recovery and brick this sucker..

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

also cannot find the drivers.zip at all on my sdcard.. not sure why
10th May 2012, 05:58 PM |#37  

More
Question Root DS7 updated to HC 3.2 from Froyo 2.2
Hello to everyone,

I'm new in rooting devices, but I need it in order to be able to use ad hoc with my phone. My DS7 originally came with Froyo but recently I updated it with the Dell update. Does anyone knows if the instructions works for my DS7? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
10th May 2012, 07:43 PM |#38  

More
Question Search did not yield anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by datfat

Search "T-mobile" and you will find some help there in previous posts.

Thanks but I could not find anything! Please help
11th May 2012, 12:12 AM |#39  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Search
Quote:

Thanks but I could not find anything! Please help

here... try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558266
11th May 2012, 10:41 AM |#40  

More
Cool Finding drivers.zip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by datfat

here... try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558266

Thanks.
Please pardon me if I look dumb. But I have already installed HC by DJSteve given at XDA. I want to update it. For that I think I need to root it. The tried the guide here but for that I need Drivers.zip which should be in the tablet. But I can not find it.
11th May 2012, 02:40 PM |#41  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:

Thanks.
Please pardon me if I look dumb. But I have already installed HC by DJSteve given at XDA. I want to update it. For that I think I need to root it. The tried the guide here but for that I need Drivers.zip which should be in the tablet. But I can not find it.

Somewhere in these threads and I don't exactly know where someone was missing those same files. Someone posted a link to them. Try to do a search on "drivers.zip" and maybe you can locate the post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, root, streak 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)