OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317

More
New bundle.

Changelog ZeamDroid v.4

Included the new Zeam Launcher 3.1.9:

--->Fixed folder force close.
--->Fixed wallpaper offset bug.
--->Apps grid horizontal paging spacing tweak.
--->Apps grid vertical scrolling tweak.
--->Dock items slightly scaled up.
--->Other minor fixes and improvements.

Best.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
21st December 2011, 01:09 PM |#12  
Flag Valle Castellana, L'Aquila, Groningen, Madrid, Bruxelles, Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1,555

Donate to Me
More
tryed and working really good, but battery drain is still too high
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pirlano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pirlano Ad-Free
21st December 2011, 04:01 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlano

tryed and working really good, but battery drain is still too high

Well, try to use always a 2G data network (GPRS and Edge network is enough for whatsapp and gmail) and uninstall "Load Monitor". Disable Vending Updater and only sync gmail and whatsapp.

I did with this rom what I'm able. This rom is working with ext3 format without journaling, so it wastes less battery. At the same time, it is working with the lowest memory usage system because of Zeam Launcher and the framework I used.

So, it works smoothly and quickly as other ext3 roms.

I tried other ext3 roms just to compare the battery usage, and with this rom I save around a 30%.

Best.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
21st December 2011, 04:11 PM |#14  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Well, try to uninstall "Load Monitor" and QuickSetting. Disable Vending Updater and only sync gmail and whatsapp.

I try to do what I'm able. This rom is working with ext3 format without journaling, so it wastes less battery. At the same time, it is working with the lowest memory usage system because of Zeam Launcher and the framework I used.

Best.

EXT3 without journaling == EXT2
and ss far as i remember it has to be enabled kernel side,or requires edits in the way cwm formats partitions.
21st December 2011, 04:19 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter88

EXT3 without journaling == EXT2
and ss far as i remember it has to be enabled kernel side,or requires edits in the way cwm formats partitions.

Not exactly, it is an ext3 working as ext2. So, with this rom you can choose between your kernels or turbo, it is not necessary format the SD partitions.

Best.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
21st December 2011, 04:43 PM |#16  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Not exactly, it is an ext3 working as ext2. So, with this rom you can choose between your kernels or turbo, it is not necessary format the SD partitions.

Best.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...6/#post1355965
Makes no sense to use ext3 without journaling,because it becomes ext2 renamed,since the one of the few things updated from ext2 is journal.
21st December 2011, 08:15 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter88

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...6/#post1355965
Makes no sense to use ext3 without journaling,because it becomes ext2 renamed,since the one of the few things updated from ext2 is journal.

I know about this things, thank you anyway. I've prepared a rom bundle in which people can choose between have ext3 with your kernel or use ext3 working as ext2 with turbo.

Ext3 let you work as ext2 but ext2 doesn't work as ext3. So, I've chosen ext3.

I prefer use ext3 as ext2 because is good for the SD, because saves a bit of battery and because gives me the option to choose your kernels or Turbo one. This way avoid people to format the SD in ext2 forever and ever.

This way is more versatile. That's all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 05:22 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
New instructions for dualboot.
New instructions for dualboot.

01. Run Windows Mobile.

02. Install "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0-Storage Card.cab" in Windows Mobile (it’s inside the bundle). You have to install it to "\Storage Card", not "\Windows", take care of that.

03. After it's installed, you have to edit the Windows Mobile Registry using "Total Commander" file explorer (inside the bundle). The registry location is at [\\\Plugin\Registry\HKCU\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT]. <--- This is located in the android mobile root but not in storage card root. (Note: If you don't manage with Total Commander, as well you can use "PHM Registry Editor" for editing the registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT]).

04. Inside DualBOOT folder find a registry named "AndroidBootFolder", click it and write “npkboot” without quotations marks. I've left a list describing what the keys are for:

---> "AndroidBootFolder"= npkboot <----- boot haret.exe from npkboot folder: \Storage Card\npkboot\haret.exe
---> "AutoBootAndroid"= 1 <----- 1 if you want to autoboot Android or 0 for autobooting Windows
---> "AutoBootEnabled"= 1 <----- 1 for enabling autoboot or 0 for disabling it
---> "FastBootEnabled"= 1 <----- 1 for enabling fastboot or 0 for disabling it
---> "StorageBootMode"= 1 <----- 1 always, take care of this setting

05. Reboot the mobile and changes will take effect.

Best.
11th January 2012, 07:46 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up battery life!!!
I tried this ROM and loved it but a had 2 problems
1. battery life is too short about one hour
2. I cant start wifi(i get error when i try to start wifi even when I start wifi in windows)
I tried several ROMs and this one is the fastest and every thing is working even bluetooth and keypad light

sorry for my bad english
12th January 2012, 09:04 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsom123

I tried this ROM and loved it but a had 2 problems
1. battery life is too short about one hour
2. I cant start wifi(i get error when i try to start wifi even when I start wifi in windows)
I tried several ROMs and this one is the fastest and every thing is working even bluetooth and keypad light

sorry for my bad english

Well, in my case the battery works properly during 20 hours and the wifi is working too. I disable wifi and 3G and I use 2G because for whatsapp and gmail is enough. I only use wifi when I need it but after I always disable it for avoiding drain the battery.

Uninstall Load Monitor and any Task Killer and use Turbo Kernel. With Midnight Kernel sometimes the wifi doesn't work. Follow again the installation instructions. I'm sure that you have problems with the battery and with the wifi because of Midnight Kernel.

We only use Midnight kernel for install the rom in ext3 format, after we change "npkboot" folder for having Turbo Kernel.

We use a rom installed in ext3 format, but working without journaling when you use Turbo kernel for avoiding battery drain. Please follow the instruction carefully.

Best.
13th January 2012, 10:18 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Congrats!!!
Well, after having great feelings with GoDroid, I've dared to use ZeamDroid and the results with battery and the rom performance are the best. Congrats.

I follow all yours instructions (great work, too), and I've realized that with ZeamDroid you almost get the same speed working than other ext3 roms, even when you disable journaling for using turbo kernel. Great idea, man.

Thank you so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taninos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taninos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)