FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NAND][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 : kernel updates

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 118
 
By zargloub, Member on 8th February 2012, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2012, 06:49 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
The screen response on pressing the power button is working great!
The Following User Says Thank You to wallaceff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wallaceff Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 08:58 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 448
 
Donate to Me
More
yep it looks like the waking up issue is solved... will test later.

@zargloub great work! the battery indicator now don't goes down after a while. but now the battery is running hot after some time charging an the indicator is still messed up after reboot. but i think you already know that

btw is the usb storage or adb working for someone
9th February 2012, 09:12 AM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl

btw is the usb storage or adb working for someone

adb works perfectly for me, never had any problem ...
I don't use usb storage.
9th February 2012, 09:43 AM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zargloub

...

What about the battery?)
I try your updates but it became worse since 24.01(date of file) version. That version works just about perfect for me. And of course - buttons issue(qwerty,end call) we need those .

And I also think there are a few more important "to do's".

Light sensor for the LCD (very important for battery consumption)
Proper 3D drivers for GPU (in windows Video performance is better). (Angry birds run in slideshow mode, and video has to be severly cut so that SW acceleration in players works fine)
Missed call? Or is it solved?
9th February 2012, 10:00 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag Valle Castellana, L'Aquila, Groningen, Madrid, Bruxelles, Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1,555
 
Donate to Me
More
also FM Radio and frontal camera for skype videocalling are something always in my dreams
9th February 2012, 10:04 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlano

also FM Radio and frontal camera for skype videocalling are something always in my dreams

Yeap FM radio is important for sure).

One more thing. All the operations that make the phone heat up - severely drain the battery. Take care of that.
9th February 2012, 01:02 PM |#17  
neoofoox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skas_2002

Yeap FM radio is important for sure).

One more thing. All the operations that make the phone heat up - severely drain the battery. Take care of that.

FIRST of all the basic feature, so we have good battery performance (quite good), and phone features working inkl mobile data (checked), then wifi, graphics and then GPS, camera, fm radio (I don't know why people use/need it).

The rom is quite perfect with working phone features, mobile data, graphics and gps (don't need bluetooth, fm radio, camera (special feature but not realy needed, wifi isn't any more important because of mobile data plan)

Will flash now. Download server is quite good but if someone wants a mirror I will make one.

Edit: I just flashed boot.img and booting with SD-Card is still working for me
I used my current rom -> didn't installed the update.zip file via CWM
so when just the kernel has been changed it should be the same as this
9th February 2012, 01:11 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 448
 
Donate to Me
More
has someone the same experiences that sometimes when i want to make a call the phone immediately hangs the call up again and i have to wait some time in sleep mode till it works again?

Edit: mostly it works but sometimes...
9th February 2012, 01:21 PM |#19  
neoofoox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl

has someone the same experiences that sometimes when i want to make a call the phone immediately hangs the call up again and i have to wait some time in sleep mode till it works again?

I tried it now, but the voice said that the number isn't available, I just phone my home telefon

Now it worked... strange, but it has not hang up the call, it was normal... but again first call: "number isn't available"
9th February 2012, 02:49 PM |#20  
ashwin1234's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Just asking. The file in the first post is 70+MB. If I want to start using the NAND ROM, I just flash that in the CWM once I do the LK bootloader stuff?

Could someone please point me to the latest ROM if the one in the first page is not the actual ROM?

Is this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=226

newer than the one on the first post?

Many thanks.
9th February 2012, 03:02 PM |#21  
neoofoox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1234

Just asking. The file in the first post is 70+MB. If I want to start using the NAND ROM, I just flash that in the CWM once I do the LK bootloader stuff?

Could someone please point me to the latest ROM if the one in the first page is not the actual ROM?

Is this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=226

newer than the one on the first post?

Many thanks.

In the first post the file: update.zip is a android ROM you just install it via CWM like you said first. (install via SD-Card....) That is the latest version from zargloub
The Following User Says Thank You to neoofoox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neoofoox Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes