Thanks Meter: 2,653

By milaq, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th April 2013, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2013, 02:59 PM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
i am unsure whether wifimac address export is possible with the current kernel.
maybe we can come up with a generated mac address like we did with the htc hd2.
when i have some freetime left, i'll see what i can do.

cheers
9th May 2013, 10:52 PM |#12  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milaq

i am unsure whether wifimac address export is possible with the current kernel.
maybe we can come up with a generated mac address like we did with the htc hd2.
when i have some freetime left, i'll see what i can do.

cheers

You can read the address from the file /sys/class/net/wlan0/address

CRII
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 11:21 PM |#13  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
it seems like the wifimac is to be burned into wl1251-nvs.bin.
furthermore there seems to be a calibration tool out somewhere to write a (custom) mac address to the nvs.bin.
if we knew the bytestructure of such nvs-file (with the mac address included) we could insert it manually on bootup via a small c util.

alternatively we could reload the wlan iface and set the mac address we get from the sysfs manually (via ifconfig)
10th May 2013, 06:32 AM |#14  
Flag Germany, Gerolzhofen
Thanks Meter: 1,587

Donate to Me
More
WI-FI 2
Dear all,
I have more feedback. I forgot to mention that I use the MAC filter on my router to prevent other devices to access and I have my SSID on "invisible". So when I try to connect, it will not find the network SSID which was previously stored. I need to remove the MAC filter safety setting and then the phone connects (despite the hidden network). Somehow, the router goes crazy and the computer looses connection (Debian 6.0.5). The second I noticed is the battery. It drops from 100% to 1 in less than 5 minutes usage. Finally switches off...maybe some advice from you? I flashed the LK embedded kernel as mentioned on first page.
But it is really smooth and absolutely acceptable for a daily driver. Hope we find some solutions Thanks so far !
11th May 2013, 09:22 AM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
WI-FI 3
Hi Milaq, CoolrunnerII and BryanXP7,
I continued to try this ROM as I thought there had to be a way to make it work. I removed the MAC filter in the router; added the SSID in the phone manually. The phone connected and I found the MAC address in the routers station list. So I added this MAC address manually to the white list, activated the MAC filter again and voila, all works now. I also charged again completely and hooked the phone up to my Bose sounddock (via bluetooth) and stream internet radio right now. Works all really well (no market tested, I installed all apps manually via adb). I keep you posted if you are interested....will try VPN now since I am living in China.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20130511-152628.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1953164  
11th May 2013, 03:34 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeyerA

Hi Milaq, CoolrunnerII and BryanXP7,
I continued to try this ROM as I thought there had to be a way to make it work. I removed the MAC filter in the router; added the SSID in the phone manually. The phone connected and I found the MAC address in the routers station list. So I added this MAC address manually to the white list, activated the MAC filter again and voila, all works now. I also charged again completely and hooked the phone up to my Bose sounddock (via bluetooth) and stream internet radio right now. Works all really well (no market tested, I installed all apps manually via adb). I keep you posted if you are interested....will try VPN now since I am living in China.

Sorry if this would sound noobish. I have been using another device ever since I modified my website. Anyway, how did you get the speed to 652 Mhz in a NAND ROM? Did the kernel get an update or something? I would like to overclock mine. It has been a really great phone. I only stopped using it for a while because I had to test different screens to see how it works with my device.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
11th May 2013, 03:52 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcintosh

Sorry if this would sound noobish. I have been using another device ever since I modified my website. Anyway, how did you get the speed to 652 Mhz in a NAND ROM? Did the kernel get an update or something? I would like to overclock mine. It has been a really great phone. I only stopped using it for a while because I had to test different screens to see how it works with my device.

Hello, nothing sounds noobish as we are here to share upon questions. The real experts discuss and provide a ROM which we could not do ourselves. Anyhow, I followed the instructions flashing the LK embedded kernel and ROM. Overclocking is in the performance settings. Have been playing with it for one day and also battery seems to stabilise..nice weekend
The Following User Says Thank You to GeyerA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeyerA Ad-Free
11th May 2013, 04:02 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

Hello, nothing sounds noobish as we are here to share upon questions. The real experts discuss and provide a ROM which we could not do ourselves. Anyhow, I followed the instructions flashing the LK embedded kernel and ROM. Overclocking is in the performance settings. Have been playing with it for one day and also battery seems to stabilise..nice weekend

Thanks. But is there any other way in backing up the ROM? I wanted to use the new bootloader, but I know that would wipe the internal memory. I'll check the recovery if there are any options in backing up and saving it in the external storage.

11th May 2013, 04:14 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks. But is there any other way in backing up the ROM? I wanted to use the new bootloader, but I know that would wipe the internal memory. I'll check the recovery if there are any options in backing up and saving it in the external storage.

Hi, welcome. I think it is like the Nexus One times when you changed the partition to flash ICS or JB. You just "backup" on the SD and change the partition (blackrose in Nexus case, here the LK..). If you want to restore your old backup, you need to return to the old partition. This is what I did in the past. There might be cleverer ways though. BTW, I always work with two different SD cards to keep my backup safe.....
12th May 2013, 01:08 AM |#20  

More
Quote:

Hi, welcome. I think it is like the Nexus One times when you changed the partition to flash ICS or JB. You just "backup" on the SD and change the partition (blackrose in Nexus case, here the LK..). If you want to restore your old backup, you need to return to the old partition. This is what I did in the past. There might be cleverer ways though. BTW, I always work with two different SD cards to keep my backup safe.....

I just flashed the new bootloader and overclocking is still limited to 614 Mhz.
12th May 2013, 02:56 AM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just flashed the new bootloader and overclocking is still limited to 614 Mhz.

Hi, I just checked my settings and my max. is 652MHz. No clue what to say; did you flash the latest nightly 20130506? Are you also on the latest recovery? I used the xperiod-toolbox-linux to reflash the recovery. I also used the toolbox to format all.....
BTW, I changed my WI-FI to WEP and all works perfectly. VPN did not connect though but will check L2TP now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod, kovsky, rom, sony, xperia x1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)