FORUMS

Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2013, 08:10 PM |#111  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkMackson

I just picked one of these up:

http://www.a4c.com/product/samsung-g...-kit-bulk.html

I think $20 is still too high for what you get but it's the real deal.

I have been thinking of getting one of these as well. As I understand it, the stylus is from an earlier Note - does it too suffer from an offset when held at an angle?

I'd like a more substantial pen-like S Pen but even a small offset would infuriate me.
30th December 2013, 02:38 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Am I correct in assuming that the resolution is causing the offset?

Also that charcoal holder idea rocks.
30th December 2013, 05:30 AM |#113  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbran

Am I correct in assuming that the resolution is causing the offset?

Also that charcoal holder idea rocks.

Not the resolution of the tablet if that's what you mean.

The issue appears to be the ability of the stylus to conduct enough of a concentrated field to accurately control the device.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
30th December 2013, 06:43 AM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK112

Not the resolution of the tablet if that's what you mean.

The issue appears to be the ability of the stylus to conduct enough of a concentrated field to accurately control the device.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't know enough about the stylus to wonder if it's the nib or not, or if or replacement nibs would work. I hope Samsung works with Wacom to come up with a solution. They stylus is nice but impractical for any extended use.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
30th December 2013, 04:50 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanjkcarp

Looking for a full sized, nicely weighted, pen-feel stylus that has definitely been confirmed to work with the 2014 edition with no offset etc.

You can use the bamboo stylus feel for Galaxy Note 10.1 but you have to cut the nib (about 1mm) the gain more accuracy!
For the time beeing there is no alternative product for the GN 10.1 2014 edition...

See picture below (upper: s-pen / lower: bamboo feel - both nibs cut!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000092.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	2483656  
30th December 2013, 10:36 PM |#116  
California
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Samsung S-Pen with Eraser
I just got the Samsung Pen with eraser - marketed as an accessory for the Note II : ET-S200EBEG. - I've only used it for a tiny bit. Size is nice, quality about that of a bic. The nib is a touch loose, I may try swapping to a softer nib. Accuracy is similar to the bundled pen, the approach circle is a bit off when the pen is at an angle, but when I hit the screen it is pretty much on. I suppose each note model is a little different. Size makes it easier to use than the bundled pen, I'll try some sketches and handwriting later.
2nd January 2014, 10:43 PM |#117  
Flag Yorkshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenAndrew

You can use the bamboo stylus feel for Galaxy Note 10.1 but you have to cut the nib (about 1mm) the gain more accuracy!
For the time beeing there is no alternative product for the GN 10.1 2014 edition...

See picture below (upper: s-pen / lower: bamboo feel - both nibs cut!)

Both of those nibs look very short bearing in mind the width of the pen.

Does cutting some of the nib off really help or does it just mean that you can no longer hold the pen at an angle so the offset disappears because you are holding the pen more vertically (which always seems to get rid of the offset with all the alternative pens)?
3rd January 2014, 08:42 AM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49

Both of those nibs look very short bearing in mind the width of the pen.

Does cutting some of the nib off really help or does it just mean that you can no longer hold the pen at an angle so the offset disappears because you are holding the pen more vertically (which always seems to get rid of the offset with all the alternative pens)?

Sure, the ability to tilt the pen is impaired! We all have to wait for a version that's made for the Note 10.1 2014! My suggest was just a solution to help those that moved from the older version of the device with all their equipment.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk 4
3rd January 2014, 10:48 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Got one of these of ebay for about $13 delivered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Original...item565defc9da

Works perfectly, not offset even at an angle, just like the original stylus. It is a touch shorter than the note 10.1 stylus.

I also picked up one of these for about $23 delivered

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Genui...78dfaaf&_uhb=1

which comes with an original note 1 stylus, with non removable nib. This stylus has a severe offset when angled, but the design means it should be possible to trim the note 3 stylus to fit inside the casing, giving an original looking full sized stylus with no offset.

Still yet to start the trimming process, but it looks like a sharp knife or dremmel will be needed as the two styluses are significiantly different shapes, and have different profiles to fit into the casing.
3rd January 2014, 04:59 PM |#120  
Flag Yorkshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchseven

I also picked up one of these for about $23 delivered

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Genui...78dfaaf&_uhb=1

which comes with an original note 1 stylus, with non removable nib. This stylus has a severe offset when angled, but the design means it should be possible to trim the note 3 stylus to fit inside the casing, giving an original looking full sized stylus with no offset.

That's rather disappointing as I was intending to buy one of these.

I really don't think I can be bothered with hacking anything about. I may just have to wait until someone makes a decent replacement pen meant for our tablet. I have been a bit surprised at the slow start to the availability of accessories for the Note 10.1 2014 but perhaps the manufacturers don't think it will be a big seller (and they may well be right).
5th January 2014, 08:33 PM |#121  

More
I think everyone was waiting on the Galaxy Note Pro, I was but I have up on it being anything but vaporware. Now it's headed to reality and I'm trying to figure out how I will afford it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)