• I will root !

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Didn't root !

Votes: 43 28.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

JustinSang

Sep 27, 2014
Hi everyone ! Today i will guide you how to root sony C3 ( I based on root sony M2 to ROOT it )
* Don't work with Android Lollipop .

A: Unlock Bootloader.
*Note : Unlock Booloader will erase all your data , so you should backup data !

Check your status of bootloader . Open dial-up , press *#*#7378423#*#*
Service info=>Configuration.
At Rooting status: Bootloader unlocked : Yes ( Your device unlocked bootloader )
Bootloader unlock allowed : Yes ( Your device didn't unlock bootloader and can unlock )
Bootloader unlock allowed : No ( Your device couldn't unlock bootloader )

If Bootloader unlock allowed : Yes then
go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
and scroll down , select Xperia Z3 Compact --> Continue
Type your email then check your mail --> Click here to proceed
Type your IMEI 1 of C3 ( You can find in *#06# of dial-up ) . It will send you a CODE ( Copy it )
Download Flashtool at HERE

If you install on Windows 8 or 8.1 . You must do in disable the Driver Signature Enforcement mode ( You can find the tutorial at HERE )
After downloaded and installed --> Go to C:/Flashtool/Driver/Flashtool-drivers.exe and check " Flashmode Drivers " , " Fastboot Drivers " ---> Press next untill finished
Open flashtool ( C:/Flashtool ) Wait for it running .
Power off phone .
Connect phone with computer by cable and holding Volume Down untill LED on phone blue color.
Press BLU on flashtool and do thing it require.
After done , Disconnect phone , Connect phone with PC again and hold Volume Up untill flashtool request CODE ( Code Sony sent you ).
Press Unlock ! After Unlocked disconnect phone.

B: Install CWM .

Download CWM : Mediafire ( Extract it )

Download SuperSU : Mediafire ( Don't extract and copy it to SD Card )

Begin Install CWM
1. Open flashtool , Power off C3 , Connect with PC and holding Volume Up . ( LED on phone will have blue light )
2. Press flash icon on flashtool
3. Select fastboot mode -> OK
4. On By DooMLoRD , select kernel to flash --> Select *.img ( at open as type ) ---> Select boot.img ( in folder you extract cwm ) . Wait it flash . After finished , disconnect with PC
5. Power on C3 , when it vibrate second is holding Volume Up untill recovery appear .
6. Install Zip --> Install zip from storage ( Second Line ) --> UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip --> Yes install ---> Reboot . Sony C3 rooted

Enjoy !!!! :D
Screenshot

2014%2B-%2B3

2014%2B-%2B2

2014%2B-%2B1

Please press " Thanks " if I helped you :) !

Last edited:

ManishhMAXX

Dec 17, 2014
drivers not working bro

and no blue light is getting on when i press volume down button.. when i connect in fastbootmode pressing up volume buttons then its getting connect:(

Last edited:

JustinSang

Sep 27, 2014
and no blue light is getting on when i press volume down button.. when i connect in fastbootmode pressing up volume buttons then its getting connect:(

You take cable to phone ( don't take it to computer )
Before take the cable to PC , you holding volume down and connect with pc till LED on phone blue light !
It will easy for you to install ! :)

Last edited:

ngvhoang96

Jul 9, 2013
Thank bro, it works for me
do it step by step and you will root your phone,
in addited, at the step hold vol down, the led do not turn to blue, but you can press BLU anyway,
PS: i do not notice and i have lost all my data after unlock bootloader :(

JustinSang

Sep 27, 2014
Thank bro, it works for me
do it step by step and you will root your phone,
in addited, at the step hold vol down, the led do not turn to blue, but you can press BLU anyway,
PS: i do not notice and i have lost all my data after unlock bootloader :(
Okay , i will edit it ! Thanks for it !
P.s: Bạn ở Việt Nam à ? :)

Last edited:

brkadgn

Dec 31, 2014
it's works

:D
it's works for d2533. in Turkey.
On the Welcome screen "Sony" logo does not appear correctly, but no problem.

Reactions: JustinSang

prasadmes

Jan 25, 2014
@TS

Hey i tried the same method on Xperia E3 but it din't work. The problem is with boot.img . Can you provide the file for XE3 or plz tell the procedure to create one.:):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone ! Today i will guide you how to root sony C3 ( I based on root sony M2 to ROOT it )
    * Don't work with Android Lollipop .

A: Unlock Bootloader.
    *Note : Unlock Booloader will erase all your data , so you should backup data !

Check your status of bootloader . Open dial-up , press *#*#7378423#*#*
    Service info=>Configuration.
    At Rooting status: Bootloader unlocked : Yes ( Your device unlocked bootloader )
    Bootloader unlock allowed : Yes ( Your device didn't unlock bootloader and can unlock )
    Bootloader unlock allowed : No ( Your device couldn't unlock bootloader )

If Bootloader unlock allowed : Yes then
    go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
    and scroll down , select Xperia Z3 Compact --> Continue
    Type your email then check your mail --> Click here to proceed
    Type your IMEI 1 of C3 ( You can find in *#06# of dial-up ) . It will send you a CODE ( Copy it )
    Download Flashtool at HERE

If you install on Windows 8 or 8.1 . You must do in disable the Driver Signature Enforcement mode ( You can find the tutorial at HERE )
    After downloaded and installed --> Go to C:/Flashtool/Driver/Flashtool-drivers.exe and check " Flashmode Drivers " , " Fastboot Drivers " ---> Press next untill finished
    Open flashtool ( C:/Flashtool ) Wait for it running .
    Power off phone .
    Connect phone with computer by cable and holding Volume Down untill LED on phone blue color.
    Press BLU on flashtool and do thing it require.
    After done , Disconnect phone , Connect phone with PC again and hold Volume Up untill flashtool request CODE ( Code Sony sent you ).
    Press Unlock ! After Unlocked disconnect phone.

B: Install CWM .

Download CWM : Mediafire ( Extract it )

Download SuperSU : Mediafire ( Don't extract and copy it to SD Card )

Begin Install CWM
    1. Open flashtool , Power off C3 , Connect with PC and holding Volume Up . ( LED on phone will have blue light )
    2. Press flash icon on flashtool
    3. Select fastboot mode -> OK
    4. On By DooMLoRD , select kernel to flash --> Select *.img ( at open as type ) ---> Select boot.img ( in folder you extract cwm ) . Wait it flash . After finished , disconnect with PC
    5. Power on C3 , when it vibrate second is holding Volume Up untill recovery appear .
    6. Install Zip --> Install zip from storage ( Second Line ) --> UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip --> Yes install ---> Reboot . Sony C3 rooted

Enjoy !!!! :D
    Screenshot

2014%2B-%2B3

2014%2B-%2B2

2014%2B-%2B1

Please press " Thanks " if I helped you :) !
    Xperia C2 2502 fails to start after routing

Hi,
    Followed the pocedure. The first part worked perfectly.

However, after completing the 2nd part and rebooting, It just displays the sony start screen, vibrates once and the screen goes black.
    Also, the power button is not working - I have to press the volume up+power button for the screen to power up. And when it does, it goes back to the second part of the routing.

Kindly advice...:)
    Confirm work on new update 19.2.1.A.0.72 !
    it's works

:D
    it's works for d2533. in Turkey.
    On the Welcome screen "Sony" logo does not appear correctly, but no problem.
    Is this compatible for D2533 Lollipip 5.1.1 build 19.4.A.0.182?
    this methor only support with android 4.x.x
    if 5.1.1 pleasr use file preRoot for flash rom.
    1. download file recovery: Here or Here.
    2. download file ROM for flash: download D2502 and D2533
    3. if need: Supper SU.
    Action: do step 1 to Step 4 to flash recovery file .img---> step 5 to login to Recovery mode: and flash file zip( PreRoot)
    waitting from 5 to 6 min for android upgrade when statup. done.
    ( if you want creating Preroot of You: please use "PRFCreator": download
    * file need:
    + stock rom file *.tft: this is rom you want use for deveice.
    + file lockeddualrecovery2.8.21 T2U-lockeddualrecovery2.8.21-RELEASE.flashable.zip
    + Super SU: SuperSU
    user guide for use "PRFCreator" in attach file below or this link: [TOOL] PRFCreator - easily create pre-rooted firmwares