[Q] N9005 bricked? please help me, i'm not that experienced

Search This thread

fashion22

Jul 15, 2008
I'm in Philippines right now in vacation and I bought from here a brand new Samsung N9005 32G (Orange France) with 4.3 software version, and i guess the store that sold me the phone unlocked it to work on any network, because the box was opened.

The second day i received it i saw that is rooted, but i didn't saw SuperSu application (the application that i always knew you should have if you were rooted), and i decided to install it, but by installing SuperSu, this action unrooted my phone. The next thing i did is to search on web how to root it back, but i couldn't root it back, that rooting process didn't work.

Then i decided to install BoBCaTROM_EVO_v4.1, to have a newer software version and to root it back eventually, and this bricked (or soft bricked) my phone.

After i bricked my phone by trying to install BoBCaTROM_EVO_v4.1, i tryed to install at least 5 different roms through Odin (1.7, 3.07, 3.09).

no meter what room i try to install throught odin i get this error after few seconds: SW REG CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

If i need to give you more information about my problem, so that you guys can help me, please tell me.

I don't know many thing about android, i just had in the past some android phones with 2.0, 3.0 firmware and a couple of Chinese tablets but i didn't encountered any problems when i rooted them or changing their software. please help me like it's my first day on android, i would kindly appreciate.

Please, please, i hope someone can help me to get it working again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if i power on my phone i can see this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A3, P1
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable

UDC START

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

----------------------------------
odin log:
-----------------------------------

<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUDML3_N9005FTMDML4_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Initialzation..
<ID:0/016> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/016> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/016> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/016> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/016> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/016> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/016> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/016>
<ID:0/016> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I'm in Philippines right now in vacation and I bought from here a brand new Samsung N9005 32G (Orange France) with 4.3 software version, and i guess the store that sold me the phone unlocked it to work on any network, because the box was opened.

The second day i received it i saw that is rooted, but i didn't saw SuperSu application (the application that i always knew you should have if you were rooted), and i decided to install it, but by installing SuperSu, this action unrooted my phone. The next thing i did is to search on web how to root it back, but i couldn't root it back, that rooting process didn't work.

Then i decided to install BoBCaTROM_EVO_v4.1, to have a newer software version and to root it back eventually, and this bricked (or soft bricked) my phone.

After i bricked my phone by trying to install BoBCaTROM_EVO_v4.1, i tryed to install at least 5 different roms through Odin (1.7, 3.07, 3.09).

no meter what room i try to install throught odin i get this error after few seconds: SW REG CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

If i need to give you more information about my problem, so that you guys can help me, please tell me.

I don't know many thing about android, i just had in the past some android phones with 2.0, 3.0 firmware and a couple of Chinese tablets but i didn't encountered any problems when i rooted them or changing their software. please help me like it's my first day on android, i would kindly appreciate.

ODIN MODE

UDC START

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

It's failing on Boot loader, it would seem the shop have put Kitkat on it or you've tried to flash a Kitkat based ROM, go ahead and flash a Kitkat Stock ROM and it should be OK - sammobile.com grab XEO (Poland)

adilrenzu

Feb 27, 2011
Riyadh

ODIN MODE

UDC START

odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Flash 4.4.2 through Odin

sortilego

May 7, 2012
Budapest
Bricked

I have the same problem but I didn't have any root on it, it is an original France XEF phone and first i tried to flash a stock Hungary (T-mobile) 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile. (I'm from hungary). First it failed later i tried to flash the Original France XEF 4.3 but it failed too. Now I can't flash anything on it, and KIES doesen't recognize my phone. I used Odin3 v3.09.
At boot says the binary offical, system offical, reactivation lock off, knox 0x0, knox warranty 0x0, qualcomm secure boot enabled, write protection enabled.
When falshing i got the same problem : SW REG CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

Please help!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0293.jpg
    IMAG0293.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Reactions: fashion22

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
I have the same problem but I didn't have any root on it, it is an original France XEF phone and first i tried to flash a stock Hungary (T-mobile) 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile. (I'm from hungary). First it failed later i tried to flash the Original France XEF 4.3 but it failed too. Now I can't flash anything on it, and KIES doesen't recognize my phone. I used Odin3 v3.09.
At boot says the binary offical, system offical, reactivation lock off, knox 0x0, knox warranty 0x0, qualcomm secure boot enabled, write protection enabled.
When falshing i got the same problem : SW REG CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

Please help!

Thanks!

The hungary one is a carrier branded fw, it wont work for you

Take the na6 phn from sammobile, will work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fashion22

Jul 15, 2008
@adilrenzu
@radicalisto
@Killberty

I guess my phone is also branded, on the box everything is writen in francais, and all the manuals are the same, and on the outside sticker from the box where it's also the imei i can see written "Orange France"... Should i still go for flashing the poland xeo kitkat firmware? Or should i choose something else like orange france kitkat firmware (if it was released) ? I didnt tried yet the poland firmware because i have some electricity problems, and i cant use my laptop yet. Thank you.

Last edited:

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Still go for unbranded.

My phone came tmo germany branded(dtm) i unbranded (bdt) and later on flasged kitkat (phn) without probs

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
I managed to work it with unbranded hungarian, it changed evrything like csd pda erc. Is my warranty now void?

Congrats!

Boot into download mode and tell me whatcha see ;)
____

Oh well i saw your knox was 0x1 before. ..

So if you are an eu citizen, give fack about it, if not, your warranty is voided maybe, pedends on your carrier/samsung service centre
____

If you need warranty, just say u did kies emeegency recovery once and saw the "set warranty bit" thing, and that you didnt know what it was
(Play dumb)

You shd get your warranty anyway

Last edited:

sortilego

May 7, 2012
Budapest
Congrats!

Boot into download mode and tell me whatcha see ;)
____

Oh well i saw your knox was 0x1 before. ..

So if you are an eu citizen, give fack about it, if not, your warranty is voided maybe, pedends on your carrier/samsung service centre
____

If you need warranty, just say u did kies emeegency recovery once and saw the "set warranty bit" thing, and that you didnt know what it was
(Play dumb)

You shd get your warranty anyway

As is saw nothing changed here. And i have now 4.4.2... but now my signal is at minimum, and I can't connect to mobile internet :/

Mobile internet solved, set the deafults from telekom. But the sifnal still bad :/

Attachments

• IMAG0294.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
As is saw nothing changed here. And i have now 4.4.2... but now my signal is at minimum, and I can't connect to mobile internet :/

Mobile internet solved, set the deafults from telekom. But the sifnal still bad :/

Knox 0x0 -> warranty intact

___

For bad Signal
- do a factory reset
- flash modem.bin and non-hlos.bin from the na6 firmware from your country

Reactions: sortilego

fashion22

Jul 15, 2008
@adilrenzu
@radicalisto
@Killberty

Thanks for your help but my note 3 is still "dead" :(

i used Odin3 v3.09 to flash N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_XEO and it failed after 5 seconds.

------------------------------------
Error on phone screen:

ODIN : Invalid ext4 image

-------------------------
Odin log:
----------------------

<ID:0/017> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/017> Odin v.3 engine (ID:17)..
<ID:0/017> File analysis..
<ID:0/017> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/017> Initialzation..
<ID:0/017> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/017> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/017> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/017> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/017> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/017> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/017> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/017> tz.mbn
<ID:0/017> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/017> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/017> boot.img
<ID:0/017> recovery.img
<ID:0/017> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/017> FAIL! (Ext4)
<ID:0/017>
<ID:0/017> Complete(Write) operation failed.

Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Last edited:

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
@adilrenzu
@radicalisto
@Killberty

Thanks for your help but my note 3 is still "dead" :(

i used Odin3 v3.09 to flash N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_XEO and it failed after 5 seconds.

Error on phone screen:

ODIN : Invalid ext4 image

-------------------------
Odin log:
----------------------

<ID:0/017> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/017> Odin v.3 engine (ID:17)..
<ID:0/017> File analysis..
<ID:0/017> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/017> Initialzation..
<ID:0/017> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/017> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/017> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/017> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/017> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/017> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/017> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/017> tz.mbn
<ID:0/017> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/017> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/017> boot.img
<ID:0/017> recovery.img
<ID:0/017> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/017> FAIL! (Ext4)
<ID:0/017>
<ID:0/017> Complete(Write) operation failed.

For the 'invalid ext4 image' error, try checking out the second link in my signature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ODIN MODE

UDC START

odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

It's failing on Boot loader, it would seem the shop have put Kitkat on it or you've tried to flash a Kitkat based ROM, go ahead and flash a Kitkat Stock ROM and it should be OK - sammobile.com grab XEO (Poland)

ODIN MODE

UDC START

odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

Flash 4.4.2 through Odin

Please help!

Thanks!

The hungary one is a carrier branded fw, it wont work for you

Take the na6 phn from sammobile, will work

Still go for unbranded.

My phone came tmo germany branded(dtm) i unbranded (bdt) and later on flasged kitkat (phn) without probs

Dutch (=netherlands)

Runs fine on my phone

But I tried the Original unbranded 4.3 france firmware. Now I'm downloading an unbranded Hunagrian.
    Which is the na6 phn? :p

Thanks