FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,188 Vote(s)
59.19%
Yes, kind of.

474 Vote(s)
23.62%
No, needs improvement.

345 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,738 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,860

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th December 2019, 09:27 PM |#29941  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Can somebody help me?
After change sort of apps in Android TV Home (favorites and widgets) I can't open items directly because on click shows menu instead item open.
I tried to clear Android TV Home cache and data but no success.
8th December 2019, 02:46 AM |#29942  
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkmito

Can somebody help me?
After change sort of apps in Android TV Home (favorites and widgets) I can't open items directly because on click shows menu instead item open.
I tried to clear Android TV Home cache and data but no success.

Here is a whole section dedicated to Android TV.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-tv

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
8th December 2019, 05:52 AM |#29943  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nabi Dreamtab HD8 - Wipe and Fresh ROM
I have a Nabi Dreamtab HD8 that was my kids old tablet. I want to wipe it clean and install a 'fresh' ROM without any of that Nabi garbage, kids crap, etc. I just want to convert it into a standard generic Android tablet. Is this even possible?

I have looked in the Nabi Dreamtab HD8 forum and there are no ROMs in there and most of what is discussed seems to be just to fix them if they are broken with the original ROM that has all of that kids crap on it. I want to convert it to a 'normal' tablet...nothing fancy. If this is possible, I assume that I will need to use an older version of Android to allow it to run okay. I don't care.

Thanks in advance,
JJ
8th December 2019, 06:17 AM |#29944  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,757

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcnc0704

I have a Nabi Dreamtab HD8 that was my kids old tablet. I want to wipe it clean and install a 'fresh' ROM without any of that Nabi garbage, kids crap, etc. I just want to convert it into a standard generic Android tablet. Is this even possible?

I have looked in the Nabi Dreamtab HD8 forum and there are no ROMs in there and most of what is discussed seems to be just to fix them if they are broken with the original ROM that has all of that kids crap on it. I want to convert it to a 'normal' tablet...nothing fancy. If this is possible, I assume that I will need to use an older version of Android to allow it to run okay. I don't care.

Thanks in advance,
JJ

There certainly is not any ROM development for this tablet. Before doing anything, I would suggest you do a factory reset. That will clean things up but still leave all the bloatware.

There does appear to be a TWRP recovery though. Read that thread carefully as it states, "this will only work on NV08A". That link does contain an additional link to an alternative recovery for the IN08A version. There is always a risk in bricking a device while modifying, and that recovery appears to still be a beta version.

Once you have a custom recovery, you should be able to root it. I would probably use SuperSU, from the era of the tablet. The download link in the first post is to the last version ChainFire created. This root method is no longer supported (was sold off then dropped) but it's consistent with the age of the software on your tablet.

If you successfully install root, you can debloat the tablet. You may need to install a 3rd party launcher if the included one is too restrictive.
8th December 2019, 06:44 AM |#29945  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a doubt, this maybe a noob question, I saw Xperia gsi 9.0 flashing on mi note 4 and 4x . And I have poco f1 and I used modified vendor for gsi (example phhusion builds)to flash the Xperia gsi but it stucks in bootloop, why? Even I have flashed permissive but it didn't work, anyone knows please help. The link where I saw this https://mymidiary.blogspot.com/2019/...ote-4.html?m=1

I have already asked about this pls help
8th December 2019, 07:25 AM |#29946  
Thanks Meter: 770

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heamnath

I have a doubt, this maybe a noob question, I saw Xperia gsi 9.0 flashing on mi note 4 and 4x . And I have poco f1 and I used modified vendor for gsi (example phhusion builds)to flash the Xperia gsi but it stucks in bootloop, why? Even I have flashed permissive but it didn't work, anyone knows please help. The link where I saw this https://mymidiary.blogspot.com/2019/...ote-4.html?m=1

I have already asked about this pls help

This rom has inadmissible bugs reported and I myself tried in my last device (MiA2L) and it´s unusable but..

First of you have to take in account that Mido and kenzo (RN4/X variants) are different than Beryllium (PF1) and you´d need different steps and different files that those mentioned in here. And the part that they say to delete vendor/overlay folder probably is not needed so your device came with treble support by default unlike the mentioned models.

You should take the same steps and files from here changing just the Xperia GSI by the corresponding step https://forum.xda-developers.com/poc...7-pro-t3938035

From there no much to do with, is just a thing of persistently trying by switching the steps, altering some order, using a different boot and/or a different vendor if those are available. Also feel free to open a thread with this theme in the same section where´s the link that I provided, it could be other users interesting to do the same and/or probably others that already tried; it should be something like saying "hey, someone else....?" in a community where all of them own the same device.
8th December 2019, 03:54 PM |#29947  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi everyone!

I don't want to double post it, so I just share the link to the thread.
Thanks in advance for your help.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...9#post81139779
11th December 2019, 04:38 PM |#29948  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have just recently taken a risk and bought a tablet from an unknown brand which actually was pretty expensive for this sort of thing. But the specs seem right for the price. I got the Teclast M16 which has only just been released.

This is a pretty simple question and I feel I could be having a blank moment, but I am having trouble setting the desktop wallpaper. Other than the wallpaper than is the factory version, it seems to zoom in significantly on all the others in the default list of options and make them look incredibly pixelated. Even if I choose one of my own pictures and scale it to 1920x1080 to match the screen's resolution, it does the same thing. Zooms in to the centre of the image cropping a great deal off the edge and making it look grainy. I have also tried setting the background through different programs just to check it isn't the default app causing it to zoom when applied, but this makes no difference.

Will there be any settings anywhere to get the images to fit the screen correctly?

Thanks.[COLOR="Silver"]
12th December 2019, 05:47 PM |#29949  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I have a micromax a116 running jellybean 4.2.1. I have rooted the device and uninstalled all google apps including play store, play services, etc completly from my android device and then factory reset it. When i connect to wifi and check in the data usage in android setting it shows under the app name "Android OS" it is using data, eventhough i have no app running and no app installed that requires internet acess. I then monitored the connection using the "Network Connection" app. It shows it connects to google servers =216.58.196.42, 172.217.24.174 and other servers like whois.arin.net, stat.ripe.net, etc under "android.uid.system" And overtime uses ton of data, even when no apps are running.
14th December 2019, 12:51 AM |#29950  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi to all

I have a ZTE E8Q that's rooted.
I have give my tablet in my cousin and he moves all the files on the SD card.. Now the tablet is not opening and only the led is on in blue color.. Can I do something?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Hi to all

I have a ZTE E8Q that's rooted.
I have give my tablet in my cousin and he moves all the files on the SD card.. Now the tablet is not opening and only the led is on in blue color.. Can I do something?
14th December 2019, 04:10 PM |#29951  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello , i have samsung c7 pro (C7010), i want to flash havoc OS but u cant find or dont know which one to install because i didmt find any which is specific for my device. Can someone help in finding the right one. Or if it doesnt have any for my device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)