[ROM] AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! - SONY | JellyBean | BlackDome | Beats Audio

Search This thread

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Bob Walker....I've got a question for you buddy. Do you think it would be any benefit to flash the crossbreeder with this?

You can try CrossBreeder and see whether you notice any lag reduction. You can download cross breeder at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2113150. In addition to making a nandroid backup before installation, I recommend downloading both CrossBreeder_3.15.13_v2.zip and CrossBreeder_Uninstall.zip and copying them to the sdcard so you can reboot into recovery and uninstall CrossBreeder if your phone does not work well with CrossBreeder.

I have tried both CrossBreeder and Seeder 2.0.0. I felt that my phone performed better when I used Seeder with AlienMod although CrossBreeder definitely will reduce lag time with this ROM. You can download Seeder at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987032.

P.S. I am able to run Chrome with AlienMod Solar Flare V, but I have found that it will definitely crash and reboot your phone any time you try to launch Chrome from the Dock panel. As long as you launch Chrome from the app drawer or a desktop shortcut, the browser will launch without crashing your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgsgroup2005

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013
So 4g works?

I have been ThunderShock (my creation rom)

I have not tried ThunderShock, but If you are using the latest version updated on May 11, 2013, 4G should be working.

If you are asking whether 4G works with AlienMod Solar Flare V, the answer is no. Since this is a JellyBean ROM, no hardware drivers are available for the WiMax (4G) radio leaving no way for the developers to include 4G support in their Ice Cream Sandwich and JellyBean ROMs for the HTC EVO 4G.

Reactions: g2435

g2435

Jan 5, 2013
Topeka
That's what I thinking since it's a jellybean and rom and lol I created thundershock

I have been ThunderShock (my creation rom)

Reactions: BobWalker

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I'm not really understanding why 4G can't be developed from an existing ROM. Some of these guys on here have some serious skills. I"ve read about one guy on here doing something big for Samsung. Why can't the drivers be 'borrowed' from a stock ROM?

souleman

Aug 9, 2010
Montrose, MI
I'm not really understanding why 4G can't be developed from an existing ROM. Some of these guys on here have some serious skills. I"ve read about one guy on here doing something big for Samsung. Why can't the drivers be 'borrowed' from a stock ROM?

Because it isn't worth the time involved for a dev that could actually write the drivers to do it as a volunteer. It is a LOT of work and dev's get minimal appreciation.

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013

Because HTC has never released the source code for the hardware drivers necessary to operate the WiMax (4G) radio and front facing camera on the original EVO 4G and has never developed Ice Cream Sandwich for the EVO 4G, no drivers compatible with these two hardware devices exists for any version of Android newer than Gingerbread (2.3.x). As souleman indicates above, it simply is not worth the time and effort for developers, who are after all volunteers, to write the necessary hardware drivers from scratch for a device that is over 3 years old.

Be thankful for the great choice of ROMs still being developed and updated for the EVO 4G even after most of the Android community has moved on to newer devices. If you must have functional WiMax or front facing camera capabilities on your EVO, you may want to check out CyanMobile, a Gingerbread ROM with Ice Cream Sandwich and JellyBean features under development for the EVO 4G by jlmancuso at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277764.

Ares30

Jun 12, 2016
Does anyone still have have the AlienMod Solar Flare Series 5 rom they could send to me or upload to dropbox? I really need it for my old phone, its my only source of entertainment! :(

Ares30

Jun 12, 2016
Because HTC has never released the source code for the hardware drivers necessary to operate the WiMax (4G) radio and front facing camera on the original EVO 4G and has never developed Ice Cream Sandwich for the EVO 4G, no drivers compatible with these two hardware devices exists for any version of Android newer than Gingerbread (2.3.x). As souleman indicates above, it simply is not worth the time and effort for developers, who are after all volunteers, to write the necessary hardware drivers from scratch for a device that is over 3 years old.

Be thankful for the great choice of ROMs still being developed and updated for the EVO 4G even after most of the Android community has moved on to newer devices. If you must have functional WiMax or front facing camera capabilities on your EVO, you may want to check out CyanMobile, a Gingerbread ROM with Ice Cream Sandwich and JellyBean features under development for the EVO 4G by jlmancuso at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277764.
Does anyone still have have the AlienMod Solar Flare Series 5 rom they could send to me or upload to dropbox? I really need it for my old phone, its my only source of entertainment!

simstimstar

Feb 17, 2010
Files?

Can anyone post a file mirror for this? Am I better off just using JellyBelly?

I have an Evo 4g that is sort of a spare/backup and looking for something to replace stock ROM now that it is provisioned. (With freedompop, maybe others too, you have to provision on a stock based ROM and then can switch to a different version.) I had a different CM ROM on it before (Deck's Reloaded i think?) and I didn't use it for so long that they suspended the account and I had to go back to a stock based ROM, provision, and my wife has been using it for awhile. She broke her galaxy s4 so I am giving her mine and bought a moto e 2nd gen (sucks compared to s4, I know). Anyway I'll be back on the Evo 4g for a few days and I'm not gonna run stock GB.

Thanks and cheers!
-SimStim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW
    AlienMOD_zpsa48b3f11.png

Solar Flare Series 5!​

Sony Walkman With Visualizers! / Google Maps World MOD / Awesome Beats / JB 4.1.2 / Black Dome v2.1 / Bravia / Nova / Video Playback / 8MP Working Cam

NOW FEATURING:
    Baked-in BlackDome V2.1 Kernel By TroNit found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2103416
    BlackDome_zpse492eba9.png

By: TroNit!​

PLAY GAMES YOU COULDN'T SEE BEFORE IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE WITH THE SONY XPERIA X10 SPOOF!

PIONEERED Android 4.1.2 Development Research

shot_000014_zpsd3a328e4.png
    shot_000001_zpsbaeab6a7.png

Screenshot_2013-02-10-01-54-43_zpsd419ec3e.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-01-55-23_zps78cf369f.png

YOU MUST INSTALL 2 PARTS FOR SOLAR FLARE SERIES 5!

AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5 PART 1: AlienMOD_Solar_Flare_Series_V_PART_1.zip - 205.64 MB
    AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5 PART 2: AlienMOD_PART_2.zip - 64.27 MB

Whats is inside AlienMOD Solar Flare Series V!

BlackDome Version 2.1 Kernel By Tronit

Unique New Theme with liquid battery look

Samsung Galaxy S3 Power Notification Toggle Theme

App2SD Options Baked In!
    -How to Enable:
    1) Open terminal (found in the app drawer)
    2) Type "su" (then press enter)
    3) Accept su
    4) Type "a2sd" install (then press enter)
    5) Go through prompts (Keep Tapping Enter Until Complete)
    6) Reboot

998 Mhz Default CPU Setting (instead of 640)

Bootanimation selector enabled

Mixed Mason sourced modules

SuperSU!

MX Player for Videos

Latest Android Play Store

Videocam Illusion

Vignette Camera (Awesome)

Xperia Wallpapers

Galaxy S3 & Droid sounds

Removed stock camera (it was terrible)

ICS Gallery

Awesome Beats

Google Maps v6.10.0 MOD- World Navigation

Blue Plazma v2 Bootanimation by JaeKar99

Sony Notes

Bravia Engine 3

Sony World Clock

Sony Timer Widget

Xperia Wallpapers

Nova Launcher in place of Trebuchet

Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers

Removed unnecessary videos clutter in media folder

Google Now!

INCREDIBLE Crystal Clear SOUND!!!

Fully working Sony Walkman music player
    with Visualizers! [PORT]

Fixed Symlink on install Errors

Super Stable / Smoother / Better / Just Sweet!

**You must install both 2 Parts**

EASY How to Install AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5:

1) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

2) Wipe Cache

3) Wipe Dalvik Cache

4) Install Part 1

5) Install Part 2

6) Reboot Enjoy!

**You may experience 3-4 bootloops after initial installation. Is normal on very first boot on some devices :)

Issues: Just no FFC (yet)

OLDER BUILDS

YOU MUST INSTALL 2 PARTS FOR SATURN SERIES IV!
    AlienMOD Saturn Series IV PART 1: AlienMOD_Saturn_Series_IV_Part_1.zip - 202.27 MB
    AlienMOD Saturn Series IV PART 2: AlienMOD_Part_2.zip - 79.73 MB

Changelog for SATURN SERIES IV:

MX Player for Videos

Latest Android Play Store

Videocam Illusion

Vignette Camera (Awesome)

Xperia Wallpapers

Galaxy S3 & Droid sounds

Removed stock camera (it was terrible)

ICS Gallery

Fully working Sony Walkman music player
    with Visualizers! [PORT]

Fixed Symlink on install Errors :)

Smoother / Better / Just Sweet!

**You must install both 2 Parts**

EASY How to Install Saturn Series IV:

1) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

2) Wipe Cache

3) Wipe Dalvik Cache

4) Install Part 1

5) Install Part 2

6) Reboot Enjoy!

Issues: Just no FFC (yet)

AlienMOD Saturn Series III: AlienMOD_Saturn_SeriesIII.zip - 220MB

Changelog AlienMOD Saturn Series III:

Google Maps v6.10.0 Mod – With World Navigation activated

Sony Walkman PORT

Blue Plazma v2 Bootanimation by JaeKar99

Slimmer

Sony Notes

Awesome Beats Fixed

Bravia Engine 3

XPERIA ARC S notifications & ringtones added

Sony World Clock

Sony Timer Widget

Xperia Wallpapers

Nova Launcher in place of Trebuchet

Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers

Removed unnecessary videos clutter in media folder

Error Message pop-up FIXED

SUPER SMOOTH!

Google Now! Just hit update on google search :)

INCREDIBLE Crystal Clear SOUND!!!

AlienMOD Amp'd Series II: AlienMOD_AmpD_Series2.zip - 210.40 MB

Changelog AlienMOD Amp'd Series II:

MazWoz SBC JB Kernel

Mixed Mason sourced modules

Runs much smoother eliminating glitches

Labytinth AlienMOD: Labyrinth_AlienMOD.zip - 210.40 MB

Features:

Kernel by Evervolv

Thanks to Jmztaylor for CM10 brought to our Evo

KPTNK for Black Phone / Contacts / MMS

Awesome Beats Audio by Awesome

Smooth touch technology

Ultra sensitivity modification

Home locked to memory

App to SD capable

Better battery management

Sony xLoud

Sony Bravia

Faster boot

8MP Camera working

GAPPS Baked right in

Sony Xperia Spoofed! (Unlock Sony games and Apps) "It really thinks it is a Sony!" Look at game shown in picture and try to download
    it without this rom! Apps not seen before for the Evo is now revealed :)

How To Install:

Place rom into the Root of your SD Card

1) Go into your favorite recovery

2) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

3) Wipe Cache

4) Wipe Dalvik Cache

5) Install the Rom

6) Reboot / Enjoy!

This is a W.I.P Heavily Modified Jelly Bean Version 4.1.2 OS

Issues:
    Now 4G
    Video camera is not working properly (seems to act like recording but no playback)
    Slow Charge on this Kernel
    Sometimes slow screen wake
    No FFC

What's Next:
    New Kernel with SBC and total voltage control (Hope someone figures out FFC drivers or could use some help!)
    Videocam fix or replacement
    Upgraded Sony Spoof :) (right now the Sony Ericsson x10... maybe a newer model next)

I am currently accepting any help necessary to improve the functionality of this rom :) All inputs welcome!​
    New release is up!

New Release AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! Featuring the All New BlackDome Kernel By Tronit!
    Update!

I have a real nice surprise update TONIGHT! This new version is built with working Sony Visual Live Wallpaper on the music player! / working videocam / working video player / Perfect 8mp camera / updates / compatibility fixed on installs (no more symlink errors) / and much more!!! :) Stay Tuned.... CURRENTLY UPLOADING.

UPDATE SERIES IV Released! Enjoy :)
    New update coming up!

I have a real nice surprise update TONIGHT! This new version is built with working Sony Visual Live Wallpaper on the music player! / working videocam / working video player / Perfect 8mp camera / updates / compatibility fixed on installs (no more symlink errors) / and much more!!! :) Stay Tuned.... CURRENTLY UPLOADING.
    Just getting some confirmation here. A few posts back awesome beats was broke and DSP and other mods were thought about being added in. As of AlienMod Saturn have these issues been addressed? Also my YouTube app flickers quite often. Is this a known issue?

-------------EDIT-----------
    Awesome Beats finally started working after a reboot. Just wondering if it only works with certain music players? YouTube is still glitchy too.

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app

Yes. Awesome beats works fine on this series 3. As that is one issue I intended of getting fixed. This ROM is my personal daily driver and I am focusing on improving this rom. I am currently experimenting the video recorder and playback. I noticed if the picture camera at 8mp has any glitch, all you need to do is exit and re-enter the picture camera app as it is working great! Not wishful thinking :) I will find a way to fix this video camera and video stream issue on stock app.

Sent from my X10 using XDA Premium HD app