[ROM][KERNEL] Hyperion Project - Hyperion 7.x | Pre GM now available!

What do you think about the latest build?

• Fast - Speeding like Road Runner! Beep! Beep!

Votes: 182 50.7%
  • Smooth - like butter with cheese!

Votes: 127 35.4%
  • Stable - rock stable!

Votes: 121 33.7%
  • Good UI - Hyperion got the looks! ;)

Votes: 140 39.0%
  • Slow - like a hundred-year-old turtle!

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Laggy - takes ages to respond!

Votes: 30 8.4%
  • Unstable - apps force close everytime!

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Ugly UI - UI needs some make-over

Votes: 39 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
top_gradient_divider.jpg

486307_303226556453585_1867150929_n.png

HYPERION 7

The fastest and smoothest ROM for Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 yet

With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock-solid stability, Hyperion leaves others behind.
And even as others try to catch up, the features built into Hyperion keeps your device years ahead.​

Before you download, please read THIS

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Elegant and intuitive interface.

The simple, beautiful Home screen is the easiest place to start.
From the home screen to every built-in apps in the system, navigation is fast, fluid and effortless.​

Everything you touch is easy, intuitive, and fun.​

hyperion___home_by_carldeancatabay-d5jid2z.png

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Amazing features and built-in apps.

An ever-expanding collection of features and built-in apps make Hyperion even more powerful, innovative, and fun to use.
Here are just a few.​

hyperion___music_player_by_carldeancatabay-d5jidc8.png

hyperion___calculator_by_carldeancatabay-d5kz2en.png

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Would you like to donate?​

Save your money for more important matter! :)

I accept "Thanks" donation!​

Fast, simple and easy ;)

If you love Hyperion and wants to support the project
Rate the thread 5 stars​

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Features and screenshots

NOTE:

... and we are back! If you read on 1st post, you probably not reading this. If you don't get me, click HERE :)

HYPERION 7 HIGHLIGHTS
PERFORMANCE TUNING

• Full GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) rendering for faster, smoother and more responsive system performance
  • Disabled Journalism (File caching) for faster file read/write
  • Advanced radio controls for maximum battery saving
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE TUNING

• IPv4 and TCP Stacks tweak
  • Secure WiFi Profiling
  • ISP Restriction tweaks
  • VPN Support
NOTE:
All above performance tuning are certified real by Hyperion Private Testers and not just written there just to say we updated something. :p

PERFORMANCE TUNING HIGHLIGHTS

• Hyperion Core now fused with Adrenaline Engine for blazing fast performance - Tweak developed by ImbaWind- LINK
  • NetForks tweak for turbo charged internet browsing experience - Tweak developed by DroidFolks- LINK
FEATURES
UNIQUE FEATURES

1. No SMS Bug
  2. No false Android version
  3. No copy-pasted app from other ROMS
  4. No paid apps edited to look like a new tweak or mod
  5. No useless features :D
BASIC FEATURES

1. De-Odexed
  2. Zipaligned
  3. Recompressed APKS
  4. Optimized APK Images
  5. Rooted
  6. BusyBox and BusyBox run-parts support
  7. Apps2SD enabled
ADVANCED FEATURES

1. EXT4 File System Support
  2. CIFS
  3. Swap Support
  4. BaCeM Tweak
  5. UnderVolt Support
  6. Firewall Support (DroidWall Open-Source Project)
ENHANCEMENTS

1. Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
  2. xLOUD™ Sound Enhancement Technology
  3. SRS Wow™ HD Sound Enhancement
  4. Beats™ Audio Enhancement
OTHER ENHANCEMENTS WORTH MENTIONING
Modified PlayStore app

• No market restrictions
  • No auto-update
  • No useless features
Mother of all HOSTS - more than 27,000 servers blocked

• Blocks ADs
  • Blocks banners
  • Blocks 3rd party cookies
  • Blocks 3rd party page counters
  • Blocks web bugs
  • Blocks hi-jackers
  • Blocks phising sites
  • Blocks Malwares
  • Blocks Spywares
  • Blocks Trackers
  • Blocks un-authorized application connection
WHAT MAKES HYPERION UNIQUE
Savie's special kernel for Hyperion (Savie for Hyperion Project)

UNIQUE FEATURE

• No false frequency reading
BASIC AND ADVANCED FEATURES

• System-App replacer - I love you savie for this! ;)
  • All-In-One modules
  • 22 Powerful Governors
  • 5 I/O Schedulers
  • Supports EXT 2/3/4 File System
  • Supports UnderVolting and UnderClocking
  • Supports CIFS (Remote Server-Client file access via Internet)
Hyperion Home - Xperia S Launcher originally modified for Gingerbread by ra3al - LINK

UNIQUE FEATURE

• Not a paid app - We know how to code so we don't rely on paid apps. :p
BASIC AND SUPER LAME FEATURES :laugh:

• Desktop layouts: Dock only, 4 Corners, Dock + 2 Corners and Dock + 4 Corners
  • Iconpack Support: Launcher Pro (Plus) icon packs, ADW Launcher icon packs and Go launcher icon packs
  • Custom desktop and App drawer row and column grid sized
  • Desktop folder support
  • App drawer sort methods: Own icon sort, Alphabetical, Most used and Recently Installed
  • Settings backup and restore function
Network Unlocker - Modified Galaxy Toolbox v1.0 by Doky73 - LINK

• Modified for Hyperion
  • Remove carrier lock (Unlock)
  • Restore carrier lock (Re-lock)
  • Remove bin count (kernel flash count via odin)
NOTE:
The purpose of editing is to keep the sdcard structure tidy and to make sure there is no oddity in Core > Tools for menu items. Launcher and bml15 backups are stored in Hyperion folder in sdcard.

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Installation and downloads

DOWNLOAD
Hyperion 7 Golden Master Final
Filename: HYPERION.7-GM.FINAL.zip
Size: 119.31 MB (125109981 bytes)
Uploaded By: CarlDeanCatabay
xda-medium-3.png

Uploaded On: 2012-11-13 12:29:45
MD5 Sum: c8a0b092b53165db700943ba72b885d3
File Desc: Hyperion 7 Golden Master Final Public Build
new_icon.png
Virus Status: OK (Clean)

To all Hyperion users,

I got a message from our moderator regarding reports that Hyperion 7's zip package contains root explorer which is a paid app. During testing I added RootExplorer to make debugging init.d scripts easier. Due to excitement and demand for the new build, I forgot to remove RootExplorer and accidentally uploaded a zip package that contains this paid app. Starting today, link to Hyperion will be disabled until a new build is ready. Sorry for the inconvenience and my apologies to Speed Software Developers.

Thanks and Regards,
Carl

INSTALLATION
Flash Hyperion using STOCK RECOVERY

1. Go to recovery by pressing the HOME button + VOLUME UP key and the POWER BUTTON
  2. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
  3. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
  4. Select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD
  5. After installing, reboot your phone

Flash Hyperion using CWM (ClockWorkMod) RECOVERY (UPDATED: 10/24/2012 11:13 AM Arabian Standard Time)

1. Go to recovery by pressing the HOME button + VOLUME UP key and the POWER BUTTON
  2. Select MOUNTS AND STORAGE
  3. Mount /system
  4. Mount /data
  5. Mount /sdcard
  6. Select WIPE DALVIK-CACHE from Advance and Debugging
  7. Select WIPE BATTERY STATS from Advance and Debugging
  8. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
  9. Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION
  10. Select INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD
  11. Select SELECT ZIP FROM SD CARD
  12. After installing, press the power button to go back and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
NOTES

• First boot may take from 1-2 minutes or longer
  • The first screen you will see is the setup wizard.
  • The blue circle on the right corner of the status bar indicates that the system is busy (performing media scan, staring services etc etc).
  • In some cases (if flashed via CWM), the status bar might remain in "busy mode" until you restart your device.
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE STUCK IN BOOT LOGO? -IF IT STAYS THERE FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES. IF THAT'S THE CASE, TRY RE-FLASHING THE ROM OR FLASH STOCK ROM FIRST VIA ODIN BEFORE HYPERION :highfive:

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Installation Troubleshooting Guide

INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

In the past days, as we have observed, there had been installation issues for new and existing users. We know how annoying it is to get a bootloop, installation aborted and many installation related problem, so here you go, I will put every single scenario that had been reported and the best solution to install the best (according to users) rom when it comes to performance and style :victory:

Whenever I flash a new build, I have this "one-shot-install" method I am keeping. This one works whether you are jumping from one kernel to another. The one-shot-install step is:

• Flash stock via Odin (Recommended)
  • Format SD Card to remove any unwanted files, orphaned data from previous ROM and of course, junk files.
  • Copy Hyperion zip package to sd card
  • Reboot to CWM using TempCWM if you are on stock ROM, or the built in CWM from savie's kernel if you are a previous Hyperion user and skipped flashing stock via Odin
  • Go to Mounts and Storage and mount /system, /data, /cache and sdcard
  • After mounting, Go back to main menu using the power button
  • Navigate to Advance (Advanced and Debugging)
  • Select Wipe dalvik-cache -this helps you avoid bootloops
  • Select Wipe batterystats -this ensures your battery gauge gets re-calibrated on first boot
  • After doing wiping dalvik and battstats, Go back to main menu using the power button
  • Select Wipe data/reset
  • Select Wipe cache
  • After doing data and cache wipe, select install update from sdcard
  • Select zip from sd card
  • Select Hyperion zip pacakage and install
  • Wait for the system to complete installation, it will take 2-5 minutes (maximum) to complete installation
  • Reboot your device
BELOW ARE THE REPORTED SCENARIOS AND POSSIBLE CAUSES WHY INSTALLATION FAILS
COMMON FAILED INSTALLATION SCENARIO(S)
SCENARIO 1:
"I flashed Hyperion after flashing stock rom via Odin but every time I use Temp CWM and try to flash Hyperion, it goes back to stock recovery. No error is shown on recovery"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Incomplete download.

HOW TO AVOID:
Use a MD5 Sum checker. You can ask our dear friend Google for any md5 sum checker, it's free and it is usually less than 1 MB to download. Always make sure your zip package is intact and complete.

QUICK GUIDE TO CHECKING MD5 SUM:

• Open your MD5 checker
  • Select the Hyperion package you downloaded
  • Paste the MD5 sum value from the download page in DevHost (MD5 Sum: c8a0b092b53165db700943ba72b885d3)
If it matches, then that means the zip package you have is intact and complete
SCENARIO 2:
"I can't flash Hyperion via stock or CWM, it shows installation aborted"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Bad or damaged zip package

HOW TO AVOID:
Check the md5 sum and make sure your zip package is not damaged. If it is damaged, md5 checker will show you MD5 Hash Sum mismatch.
SCENARIO 3:
I flashed Hyperion but nothing happened, I still have stock rom or previous custom rom

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
/system, /data, /cache partitions were not mounted in CWM prior to installation

HOW TO AVOID:
Super duper hyper mega easy; Go to Mounts and Storage and make sure they are all mounted
BOOT LOOP SCENARIO(S)
SCENARIO 1:
"I am using a custom rom and I flashed Hyperion on top of it without flashing stock via Odin. After flashing, my device goes to endless boot loop. My previous custom rom includes a custom kernel"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Custom kernel (boot.img) from previous ROM

HOW TO AVOID:
The safest way to install a custom rom (in this scenario, Hyperion) on a device running a different custom rom with custom kernel is to revert back to stock rom first because jumpring from one kernel to another will surely cause boot loops. That is why we always recommend flashing stock rom first before flashing Hyperion.
STUCK AT BOOT LOGO SCENARIO(S)
SCENARIO 1:
"I am using a custom rom with repencis kernel or merruk kernel prior to flashing Hyperion. After flashing Hyperion, I am stuck on boot logo (the samsung galaxy y blah blah screen)."
+
Same scenario above but; "I flashed stock rom via odin, but every time I do wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache, it shows me error mounting rfs blah blah"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Both repencis and merruk are known to convert your device's File System (FS) to EXT4. If your device's file system is EXT4 and not RFS (Robust File System), flashing Hyperion will fail, but boot.img (kernel) will be flashed.

SYMPTOMS OF EMMC FORMATTED TO EXT4:
CWM cannot mount /system but all partitions can be mounted
Stock recovery cannot do data and cache wipe

HOW TO AVOID/FIX:
Given your phone is already formatted to EXT4, there is nothing you can do but to repartition your device's EMMC (the chip where we install the device's OS) using Odin.

But remember I have written "but boot.img (kernel) will be flashed"? This will help you in solving this kind of issue.
Please keep in mind that this issue is not a problem with Hyperion rom, if CWM and Stock recovery cannot mount your /system partition, no custom rom can be successfully installed on your device.

Now this is the work around . . .
Since boot.img will always be flashed, that means if the kernel on the rom you are installing have CWM installed, then you will have CWM as recovery.

Now that's a good news because your default recovery now is CWM, and you can use it to format partitions back to its default file system. Follow the steps below:

• Remove the battery of your device
  • Press the recovery key combination to boot into recovery
  • If you are lucky, you will be able to reboot to CWM (given you flashed Hyperion)
  • Once you are in recovery, Go to mounts and storage and format /system, /data and /cache
  • Once format is successful, reboot recovery using the "Reboot recovery" option
  • After rebooting recovery, mount the partitions and try flashing Hyperion again.

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Wireless and Networking Troubleshooting Guide

WIRELESS AND NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
WIFI ISSUE(S)
WIFI ISSUE 1:
WiFi gets disconnected once phone is locked or the display turns off​

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Okay, don't panic. This is not a bug. This behavior is the one responsible why you save battery even if you don't turn off your WiFi radio and this is called WiFi Sleep Policy.

HOW TO AVOID:
Currently Hyperion have 3 WiFi policies available in Settings Tab > Wireless and Network > WiFi Settings > Advanced > WiFi sleep policy.​

WiFi Sleep Policies:
  • When screen turns off - if selected, wifi will turn off automatically when the screen turns off (obviously)
  • Never when plugged in - if selected, wifi will not turn off automatically when connected via AC or USB port and is getting power from either AC or USB.
  • Never - if selected, wifi will never turn off automatically - default setting in stock roms
WIFI ISSUE 2:
WiFI cannot connect to any wireless hot spot and/or wireless networks

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Still UNKNOWN. The dev team are thinking that only production specific GT-S5360 devices are affected with this issue.

Based on user feedback, we are in conclusion that the following might be causing the problem:

• Savie's special built kernel for Hyperion
  • Netforks Tweak
  • Mother of Host

HOW TO AVOID:

Currently, we have the following fix but not all or even none of the below suggestion may fix the problem depending on your SGY.

• A simple reboot will fix the WiFi connection problem
  • Flashing your device's radio image (baseband) via Odin will fix the problem
  • Removing NetForks tweak will fix the problem
  • Removing Mother of Host may fix the problem

QUICK GUIDE TO FLASHING BASEBAND
  1. Open Odin and locate the firmware files for your device
  2. Connect your device to computer using USB Data Cable (USB Cable)
  3. On the PHONE field, locate the MODEM file for your device
  4. Click start to start flashing BASEBAND

NOTE:
You will only flash the PHONE file​

QUICK GUIDE TO REMOVING NETFORKS TWEAK
  1. Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc/init.d
  2. Delete 04netforks_tweak
  3. Using root explorer, navigate to data/
  4. Delete droidfolks folder
  5. Reboot your device
INTERNET ISSUE(S)
INTERNET ISSUE 1:
Cannot open websites and or cannot surf the web​

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
Mother of all Hosts​

For some reason, most of the website that can't load on any browser are website like mediafire, 4shared and other file hosting sites which what they have in common are ADs, Popups, Counters and Surveys. Since MOH is blocking these type of web activities, some webpages may not load. Specially those sites that are configured not to load when their advertisements are disabled by either the browser or internet connection.​

HOW TO AVOID: Thanks to Dr.oidbio for pointing this out​

OPTION 1
  1. Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc​
  2. Replace hosts file with any hosts file from stock or other custom roms​
  3. Reboot your device​
OPTION 2:
Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc
Open hosts file with text editor and edit the content
Delete everything except​
Code:
[LEFT]#
127.0.0.1  localhost
127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain
255.255.255.255  broadcasthost
::1  localhost
127.0.0.1  local[/LEFT]
Reboot your device​
CONFIRMED WORKING FIX
REPORTED BY: AlvaroOrduna
Therefore, I set to work and I solved the Wifi issue (obviously with your helpful guides). So that I wanted to share with you the procedure to solve the problem. Here are the steps I took:
1. Delete 04netforks_tweak from system/etc/init.d
2. Delete droidfolks folder from data/
3. Edit the hosts file in system/etc deleting all except:
#
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 local​
4. Reflash baseband via Odin

It should be mentioned that I do these steps on flashing zip. I mean, I edit the ROM in the computer and then I install it following the steps in INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE. Everything else works fine, but in the future I will continue to watch to see how the phone behaves. If something goes wrong and you do not mind, I will report it.​

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)

Disclaimer

The Commons Deed is not a license. It is simply a handy reference for understanding the Legal Code (the full license) — it is a human-readable expression of some of its key terms. Think of it as the user-friendly interface to the Legal Code beneath. This Deed itself has no legal value, and its contents do not appear in the actual license.​

Creative Commons is not a law firm and does not provide legal services. Distributing of, displaying of, or linking to this Commons Deed does not create an attorney-client relationship.​

This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license). Disclaimer

You are free:

• to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:

• Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

• Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
  • No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:

• Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
  • Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
  • Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
    • Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
    • The author's moral rights;
    • Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
  • Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

Developer Conditions:
  • Any ported version of this rom for any device must be released under the name "Hyperion" or any name as long as "Hyperion" is present.
  • Ported version must have the same logo in Settings > System.
  • A link to this thread is required.

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Hyperion 7.x Pre GM

NOTHING NEW, JUST THIS:
  • More smoother UI - Project Butter Hyperion style ;) | Speed and stability will always be a priority and not eye candy :angel:
  • Tamed Mother of all Host - not sure though if it's Grandma Host on this package, but who cares? Host file is less agressive now and this will solve problems with sites (specially file sharing sites) not loading.

UPDATED
  • Graphics driver for smoother gaming experience.
  • Some libs and *I think some modules as well.

ADDED
  • Sound Theme - Linda Sounds Mod (the most complete set).

FIXED
  1. WiFi Issues - caused by Multi-CSC mod that affects WiFi banding depending on the market where your device was officially released. In future I might include CSC + WiFi CSC editing so you can take control of WiFi banding (device <-> router connectivity).
  2. Tick/Untick bug in some checkbox item(s) in settings - might also be region related problem.
  3. Most black text over dark background (some are still present because they don't depend on framework/SystemUI)
BACK FROM THE DEAD
I know you missed the good old TouchWhiz Launcher, so here it is, old guy new look :D

WHAT'S IN IT:
  • Holo style dock, home and app drawer buttons
  • 9-12 home screens
  • 5-icon dock support
  • Grid and List view in App drawer
  • Support AppShare in app drawer
  • Random icon background support (currently list view only)
  • Opacity tweaked to match the overall transparency of UI
DEFAULT CONFIG:
  • 3 Home screens
  • 1 Widget: Google search + voice
  • 4 shortcuts on default home screen
  • 5 icons in dock
  • App drawer icons arranged alphabetically
  • App drawer in grid view
DOWNLOAD
Filename: HYPERION-7.x.zip
Size:114.63 MB (120203331 bytes)
Uploaded By:CarlDeanCatabay
xda-medium-3.png

Uploaded On:2012-11-30 02:34:16 MD5
Sum:5f37a325cffc4c5f409eaba2e5825d76
File Desc:Hyperion 7.x Pre GM Build
new_icon.png
Virus Status:OK (Clean)
Note: Use virus status as a reference, rescan with your own Anti-Virus.

Last edited:

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
TRANSLATING HYPERION
TOOLS YOU NEED:

1. Any apk tool for decompiling and recompiling like APK Tools, APK Manager and APK Changer Alpha 11 - APK Manager and APK Changer Alpha 11 are the one I'm using. Take note, it's alpha 11, not the latest version of APK Changer.
  2. Notepad++ - a GNU editor you can download from HERE
WHERE TO GET THEM:
APK Multitool - http://apkmultitool.com
APK Changer - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1189971
APK Tools - I don't know where to get it. Ask dear Google.
HOW TO SETUP YOUR TOOLS:

1. I advice you use APK Changer as it has an automated setup where you can configure this tool as you install it.
  2. Follow the installation/setup steps for the tool of you choice
  3. After that look for C:\Users\<User>\apktool\framework folder. Ex: C:\Users\Carl\apktool\framework
  4. Take framework-res.apk and rename it to 1.apk
  5. Take twframework-res.apk and rename it to 2.apk
  6. Copy 1.apk and 2.apk to C:\Users\<User>\apktool\framework
HOW TO TRANSLATE
PREPARE APKS

1. In this example, we will modify Settings.apk and translate it to Spanish language.
  2. Take Settings.apk from stock ROM that supports Spanish and rename it to Settings-ES. If your language is not Spanish, then of course you need to take Settings.apk from stock rom for you region which support your language.
  3. Take Settings.apk from Hyperion. You don't need to rename it. Leave it as it is.
DECOMPILE APKS

1. Once you have all the needed APKS for modding, place it inside the folder designated by the tool you're using for decompiling. In this example I am using APK Changer, so I will put Settings.apk and Settings-ES.apk to C:\Apk-Changer_alpha11\place-files-here-for-modding folder
  2. Open your tool, in this case it is APK Changer. If you installed this already prior to preparing APKS, then you should have the main menu where you have the option to decompile/compile.
  3. Decompile both Settings-ES.apk and Settings.apk
TRANSLATE/ADD ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE TO APK

1. After decompiling apk, look for the "values" folder inside the decompiled APK. In this case I use APK Changer so I will navigate to C:\Apk-Changer_alpha11\out\Settings\res
  2. You should to the same for Settings-ES and open it in another folder so you can view both folders side-by-side
  3. You can simply take "values-es" folder from Settings.apk and copy it to Settings\res
  4. After copying folder, open Settings\res\strings and add the values present in Settings.apk's res\values\strings.xml to "values-es" folder.
  5. After that, compile your APK and now you have a translated version of APK.
  6. Do this for every app you want to be translated.
OF COURSE MOST OF US ARE LAZY AND ONLY KIND ENOUGH TO TRANSLATE, SO I'LL POST HERE THE FILES YOU NEED TO EDIT AND TRANSLATE AND IF I HAVE TIME AND I AM NOT FEELING LIKE A LAZY MONKEY, I WILL BE THE ONE TO COMPILE THE APK FOR YOU.
NOTE:
Only strings.xml and arrays.xml values needs translation. You only need to translate values inside
Code:
<string name="[COLOR=Red][B]alert_mesage_recipients[/B][/COLOR]">[COLOR=SeaGreen][B]Alert message recipients[/B][/COLOR]</string>
<string name="[COLOR=Red][B]text_you_should_not_translate[/B][/COLOR]">[COLOR=SeaGreen][B]Text you should translate[/B][/COLOR]</string>
Example:
<string name="alert_mesage_recipients">Alert message recipients</string>

You will translate "Alert message recipients"
You should NOT translate "alert_mesage_recipients"

Translated example:
<string name="alert_mesage_recipients">Alerta destinatarios del mensaje</string>
GET FILES HERE
SETTINGS.APK

Last edited:

Solehria

Apr 1, 2012
Dubai
Yes. To check that, navigate to:
/sd-ext/ using root explorer, you will see there:

• app
  • app-private
  • dalvik-cache
  • lost+found
To check if deep sleep is working, navigate to:
Settings > Core > CPU States

NOTE:
Deep Sleep starts when phone is idle, if your phone is running for 2-4 minutes from boot, in some cases you will not see deep sleep state in cpu states info. That is normal.

i dont know anything abt a2sd plz can u tell me after making the partition what should i do so all the apps and dalvik cache is installed in the partition thanks quick reply will be appreciated
btw i am loving this rom
and is there any way the to change the status bar toggles order

bigthree

Jan 2, 2012
Yes. To check that, navigate to:
/sd-ext/ using root explorer, you will see there:

• app
  • app-private
  • dalvik-cache
  • lost+found
To check if deep sleep is working, navigate to:
Settings > Core > CPU States

NOTE:
Deep Sleep starts when phone is idle, if your phone is running for 2-4 minutes from boot, in some cases you will not see deep sleep state in cpu states info. That is normal.

alright.thanks

ronnieryan

Jan 9, 2012
Dumaguete
@CarlDean : No Statusbar tweaks and Widget button, so how do we edit stat bar and add or remove some toggles on 14 toggles?

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
i dont know anything abt a2sd plz can u tell me after making the partition what should i do so all the apps and dalvik cache is installed in the partition thanks quick reply will be appreciated
btw i am loving this rom
and is there any way the to change the status bar toggles order

Ooops! Seems like I forgot to put QuickToggle in Settings > Parts. I'll create a patch and will attach it here later. Sorry about that, I was too excited to release the ROM :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    top_gradient_divider.jpg

486307_303226556453585_1867150929_n.png

HYPERION 7

The fastest and smoothest ROM for Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 yet

With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock-solid stability, Hyperion leaves others behind.
    And even as others try to catch up, the features built into Hyperion keeps your device years ahead.​

Before you download, please read THIS

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Elegant and intuitive interface.

The simple, beautiful Home screen is the easiest place to start.
    From the home screen to every built-in apps in the system, navigation is fast, fluid and effortless.​

Everything you touch is easy, intuitive, and fun.​

hyperion___home_by_carldeancatabay-d5jid2z.png

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Amazing features and built-in apps.

An ever-expanding collection of features and built-in apps make Hyperion even more powerful, innovative, and fun to use.
    Here are just a few.​

hyperion___music_player_by_carldeancatabay-d5jidc8.png

hyperion___calculator_by_carldeancatabay-d5kz2en.png

top_gradient_divider.jpg

Would you like to donate?​

Save your money for more important matter! :)

I accept "Thanks" donation!​

Fast, simple and easy ;)

If you love Hyperion and wants to support the project
    Rate the thread 5 stars​
    Features and screenshots

NOTE:

... and we are back! If you read on 1st post, you probably not reading this. If you don't get me, click HERE :)

HYPERION 7 HIGHLIGHTS
    PERFORMANCE TUNING

• Full GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) rendering for faster, smoother and more responsive system performance
    • Disabled Journalism (File caching) for faster file read/write
    • Advanced radio controls for maximum battery saving
    ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE TUNING

• IPv4 and TCP Stacks tweak
    • Secure WiFi Profiling
    • ISP Restriction tweaks
    • VPN Support
    NOTE:
    All above performance tuning are certified real by Hyperion Private Testers and not just written there just to say we updated something. :p

PERFORMANCE TUNING HIGHLIGHTS

• Hyperion Core now fused with Adrenaline Engine for blazing fast performance - Tweak developed by ImbaWind- LINK
    • NetForks tweak for turbo charged internet browsing experience - Tweak developed by DroidFolks- LINK
    FEATURES
    UNIQUE FEATURES

1. No SMS Bug
    2. No false Android version
    3. No copy-pasted app from other ROMS
    4. No paid apps edited to look like a new tweak or mod
    5. No useless features :D
    BASIC FEATURES

1. De-Odexed
    2. Zipaligned
    3. Recompressed APKS
    4. Optimized APK Images
    5. Rooted
    6. BusyBox and BusyBox run-parts support
    7. Apps2SD enabled
    ADVANCED FEATURES

1. EXT4 File System Support
    2. CIFS
    3. Swap Support
    4. BaCeM Tweak
    5. UnderVolt Support
    6. Firewall Support (DroidWall Open-Source Project)
    ENHANCEMENTS

1. Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
    2. xLOUD™ Sound Enhancement Technology
    3. SRS Wow™ HD Sound Enhancement
    4. Beats™ Audio Enhancement
    OTHER ENHANCEMENTS WORTH MENTIONING
    Modified PlayStore app

• No market restrictions
    • No auto-update
    • No useless features
    Mother of all HOSTS - more than 27,000 servers blocked

• Blocks ADs
    • Blocks banners
    • Blocks 3rd party cookies
    • Blocks 3rd party page counters
    • Blocks web bugs
    • Blocks hi-jackers
    • Blocks phising sites
    • Blocks Malwares
    • Blocks Spywares
    • Blocks Trackers
    • Blocks un-authorized application connection
    WHAT MAKES HYPERION UNIQUE
    Savie's special kernel for Hyperion (Savie for Hyperion Project)

UNIQUE FEATURE

• No false frequency reading
    BASIC AND ADVANCED FEATURES

• System-App replacer - I love you savie for this! ;)
    • All-In-One modules
    • 22 Powerful Governors
    • 5 I/O Schedulers
    • Supports EXT 2/3/4 File System
    • Supports UnderVolting and UnderClocking
    • Supports CIFS (Remote Server-Client file access via Internet)
    Hyperion Home - Xperia S Launcher originally modified for Gingerbread by ra3al - LINK

UNIQUE FEATURE

• Not a paid app - We know how to code so we don't rely on paid apps. :p
    BASIC AND SUPER LAME FEATURES :laugh:

• Desktop layouts: Dock only, 4 Corners, Dock + 2 Corners and Dock + 4 Corners
    • Iconpack Support: Launcher Pro (Plus) icon packs, ADW Launcher icon packs and Go launcher icon packs
    • Custom desktop and App drawer row and column grid sized
    • Desktop folder support
    • App drawer sort methods: Own icon sort, Alphabetical, Most used and Recently Installed
    • Settings backup and restore function
    Network Unlocker - Modified Galaxy Toolbox v1.0 by Doky73 - LINK

• Modified for Hyperion
    • Remove carrier lock (Unlock)
    • Restore carrier lock (Re-lock)
    • Remove bin count (kernel flash count via odin)
    NOTE:
    The purpose of editing is to keep the sdcard structure tidy and to make sure there is no oddity in Core > Tools for menu items. Launcher and bml15 backups are stored in Hyperion folder in sdcard.
    Installation and downloads

DOWNLOAD
    Hyperion 7 Golden Master Final
    Filename: HYPERION.7-GM.FINAL.zip
    Size: 119.31 MB (125109981 bytes)
    Uploaded By: CarlDeanCatabay
    xda-medium-3.png

Uploaded On: 2012-11-13 12:29:45
    MD5 Sum: c8a0b092b53165db700943ba72b885d3
    File Desc: Hyperion 7 Golden Master Final Public Build
    new_icon.png
    Virus Status: OK (Clean)

To all Hyperion users,

I got a message from our moderator regarding reports that Hyperion 7's zip package contains root explorer which is a paid app. During testing I added RootExplorer to make debugging init.d scripts easier. Due to excitement and demand for the new build, I forgot to remove RootExplorer and accidentally uploaded a zip package that contains this paid app. Starting today, link to Hyperion will be disabled until a new build is ready. Sorry for the inconvenience and my apologies to Speed Software Developers.

Thanks and Regards,
    Carl

INSTALLATION
    Flash Hyperion using STOCK RECOVERY

2. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    3. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    4. Select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD
    5. After installing, reboot your phone

Flash Hyperion using CWM (ClockWorkMod) RECOVERY (UPDATED: 10/24/2012 11:13 AM Arabian Standard Time)

2. Select MOUNTS AND STORAGE
    3. Mount /system
    4. Mount /data
    5. Mount /sdcard
    6. Select WIPE DALVIK-CACHE from Advance and Debugging
    7. Select WIPE BATTERY STATS from Advance and Debugging
    8. Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    9. Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION
    10. Select INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD
    11. Select SELECT ZIP FROM SD CARD
    12. After installing, press the power button to go back and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
    NOTES

• First boot may take from 1-2 minutes or longer
    • The first screen you will see is the setup wizard.
    • The blue circle on the right corner of the status bar indicates that the system is busy (performing media scan, staring services etc etc).
    • In some cases (if flashed via CWM), the status bar might remain in "busy mode" until you restart your device.
    HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE STUCK IN BOOT LOGO? -IF IT STAYS THERE FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES. IF THAT'S THE CASE, TRY RE-FLASHING THE ROM OR FLASH STOCK ROM FIRST VIA ODIN BEFORE HYPERION :highfive:
    Installation Troubleshooting Guide

INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

In the past days, as we have observed, there had been installation issues for new and existing users. We know how annoying it is to get a bootloop, installation aborted and many installation related problem, so here you go, I will put every single scenario that had been reported and the best solution to install the best (according to users) rom when it comes to performance and style :victory:

Whenever I flash a new build, I have this "one-shot-install" method I am keeping. This one works whether you are jumping from one kernel to another. The one-shot-install step is:

• Flash stock via Odin (Recommended)
    • Format SD Card to remove any unwanted files, orphaned data from previous ROM and of course, junk files.
    • Copy Hyperion zip package to sd card
    • Reboot to CWM using TempCWM if you are on stock ROM, or the built in CWM from savie's kernel if you are a previous Hyperion user and skipped flashing stock via Odin
    • Go to Mounts and Storage and mount /system, /data, /cache and sdcard
    • After mounting, Go back to main menu using the power button
    • Navigate to Advance (Advanced and Debugging)
    • Select Wipe dalvik-cache -this helps you avoid bootloops
    • Select Wipe batterystats -this ensures your battery gauge gets re-calibrated on first boot
    • After doing wiping dalvik and battstats, Go back to main menu using the power button
    • Select Wipe data/reset
    • Select Wipe cache
    • After doing data and cache wipe, select install update from sdcard
    • Select zip from sd card
    • Select Hyperion zip pacakage and install
    • Wait for the system to complete installation, it will take 2-5 minutes (maximum) to complete installation
    • Reboot your device
    BELOW ARE THE REPORTED SCENARIOS AND POSSIBLE CAUSES WHY INSTALLATION FAILS
    COMMON FAILED INSTALLATION SCENARIO(S)
    SCENARIO 1:
    "I flashed Hyperion after flashing stock rom via Odin but every time I use Temp CWM and try to flash Hyperion, it goes back to stock recovery. No error is shown on recovery"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Incomplete download.

HOW TO AVOID:
    Use a MD5 Sum checker. You can ask our dear friend Google for any md5 sum checker, it's free and it is usually less than 1 MB to download. Always make sure your zip package is intact and complete.

QUICK GUIDE TO CHECKING MD5 SUM:

• Open your MD5 checker
    • Select the Hyperion package you downloaded
    • Paste the MD5 sum value from the download page in DevHost (MD5 Sum: c8a0b092b53165db700943ba72b885d3)
    If it matches, then that means the zip package you have is intact and complete
    SCENARIO 2:
    "I can't flash Hyperion via stock or CWM, it shows installation aborted"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Bad or damaged zip package

HOW TO AVOID:
    Check the md5 sum and make sure your zip package is not damaged. If it is damaged, md5 checker will show you MD5 Hash Sum mismatch.
    SCENARIO 3:
    I flashed Hyperion but nothing happened, I still have stock rom or previous custom rom

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    /system, /data, /cache partitions were not mounted in CWM prior to installation

HOW TO AVOID:
    Super duper hyper mega easy; Go to Mounts and Storage and make sure they are all mounted
    BOOT LOOP SCENARIO(S)
    SCENARIO 1:
    "I am using a custom rom and I flashed Hyperion on top of it without flashing stock via Odin. After flashing, my device goes to endless boot loop. My previous custom rom includes a custom kernel"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Custom kernel (boot.img) from previous ROM

HOW TO AVOID:
    The safest way to install a custom rom (in this scenario, Hyperion) on a device running a different custom rom with custom kernel is to revert back to stock rom first because jumpring from one kernel to another will surely cause boot loops. That is why we always recommend flashing stock rom first before flashing Hyperion.
    STUCK AT BOOT LOGO SCENARIO(S)
    SCENARIO 1:
    "I am using a custom rom with repencis kernel or merruk kernel prior to flashing Hyperion. After flashing Hyperion, I am stuck on boot logo (the samsung galaxy y blah blah screen)."
    +
    Same scenario above but; "I flashed stock rom via odin, but every time I do wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache, it shows me error mounting rfs blah blah"

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Both repencis and merruk are known to convert your device's File System (FS) to EXT4. If your device's file system is EXT4 and not RFS (Robust File System), flashing Hyperion will fail, but boot.img (kernel) will be flashed.

SYMPTOMS OF EMMC FORMATTED TO EXT4:
    CWM cannot mount /system but all partitions can be mounted
    Stock recovery cannot do data and cache wipe

HOW TO AVOID/FIX:
    Given your phone is already formatted to EXT4, there is nothing you can do but to repartition your device's EMMC (the chip where we install the device's OS) using Odin.

But remember I have written "but boot.img (kernel) will be flashed"? This will help you in solving this kind of issue.
    Please keep in mind that this issue is not a problem with Hyperion rom, if CWM and Stock recovery cannot mount your /system partition, no custom rom can be successfully installed on your device.

Now this is the work around . . .
    Since boot.img will always be flashed, that means if the kernel on the rom you are installing have CWM installed, then you will have CWM as recovery.

Now that's a good news because your default recovery now is CWM, and you can use it to format partitions back to its default file system. Follow the steps below:

• Remove the battery of your device
    • Press the recovery key combination to boot into recovery
    • If you are lucky, you will be able to reboot to CWM (given you flashed Hyperion)
    • Once you are in recovery, Go to mounts and storage and format /system, /data and /cache
    • Once format is successful, reboot recovery using the "Reboot recovery" option
    • After rebooting recovery, mount the partitions and try flashing Hyperion again.
    Wireless and Networking Troubleshooting Guide

WIRELESS AND NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
    WIFI ISSUE(S)
    WIFI ISSUE 1:
    WiFi gets disconnected once phone is locked or the display turns off​

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Okay, don't panic. This is not a bug. This behavior is the one responsible why you save battery even if you don't turn off your WiFi radio and this is called WiFi Sleep Policy.

HOW TO AVOID:
    Currently Hyperion have 3 WiFi policies available in Settings Tab > Wireless and Network > WiFi Settings > Advanced > WiFi sleep policy.​

WiFi Sleep Policies:
    • When screen turns off - if selected, wifi will turn off automatically when the screen turns off (obviously)
    • Never when plugged in - if selected, wifi will not turn off automatically when connected via AC or USB port and is getting power from either AC or USB.
    • Never - if selected, wifi will never turn off automatically - default setting in stock roms
    WIFI ISSUE 2:
    WiFI cannot connect to any wireless hot spot and/or wireless networks

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Still UNKNOWN. The dev team are thinking that only production specific GT-S5360 devices are affected with this issue.

Based on user feedback, we are in conclusion that the following might be causing the problem:

• Savie's special built kernel for Hyperion
    • Netforks Tweak
    • Mother of Host

HOW TO AVOID:

Currently, we have the following fix but not all or even none of the below suggestion may fix the problem depending on your SGY.

• A simple reboot will fix the WiFi connection problem
    • Flashing your device's radio image (baseband) via Odin will fix the problem
    • Removing NetForks tweak will fix the problem
    • Removing Mother of Host may fix the problem

QUICK GUIDE TO FLASHING BASEBAND
    1. Open Odin and locate the firmware files for your device
    2. Connect your device to computer using USB Data Cable (USB Cable)
    3. On the PHONE field, locate the MODEM file for your device
    4. Click start to start flashing BASEBAND

NOTE:
    You will only flash the PHONE file​

QUICK GUIDE TO REMOVING NETFORKS TWEAK
    1. Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc/init.d
    2. Delete 04netforks_tweak
    3. Using root explorer, navigate to data/
    4. Delete droidfolks folder
    5. Reboot your device
    INTERNET ISSUE(S)
    INTERNET ISSUE 1:
    Cannot open websites and or cannot surf the web​

CAUSE OF ISSUE:
    Mother of all Hosts​

For some reason, most of the website that can't load on any browser are website like mediafire, 4shared and other file hosting sites which what they have in common are ADs, Popups, Counters and Surveys. Since MOH is blocking these type of web activities, some webpages may not load. Specially those sites that are configured not to load when their advertisements are disabled by either the browser or internet connection.​

HOW TO AVOID: Thanks to Dr.oidbio for pointing this out​

OPTION 1
    1. Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc​
    2. Replace hosts file with any hosts file from stock or other custom roms​
    3. Reboot your device​
    OPTION 2:
    Using root explorer, navigate to system/etc
    Open hosts file with text editor and edit the content
    Delete everything except​
    Code:
    [LEFT]#
    127.0.0.1  localhost
    127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain
    255.255.255.255  broadcasthost
    ::1  localhost
    127.0.0.1  local[/LEFT]
    Reboot your device​
    CONFIRMED WORKING FIX
    REPORTED BY: AlvaroOrduna
    Therefore, I set to work and I solved the Wifi issue (obviously with your helpful guides). So that I wanted to share with you the procedure to solve the problem. Here are the steps I took:
    1. Delete 04netforks_tweak from system/etc/init.d
    2. Delete droidfolks folder from data/
    3. Edit the hosts file in system/etc deleting all except:
    #
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 local​
    4. Reflash baseband via Odin

It should be mentioned that I do these steps on flashing zip. I mean, I edit the ROM in the computer and then I install it following the steps in INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE. Everything else works fine, but in the future I will continue to watch to see how the phone behaves. If something goes wrong and you do not mind, I will report it.​