[NookHD+] CM10.1 native emmc install Now part of CM Nightlies

Search This thread

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
my sdcard is working great after updating the mount. Thanks.

Is there any effective difference between the 2 recoveries? That is.. is there any reason i should be bothering to keep 2 different recovery SD cards?

Thanks for all the great work!
The major difference is that mine has been modded to not touch the Hybrid data that you may have on emmc. His will destroy that data if you restore a prior backup or wipe /data. But other than that, they are pretty much the same. That is, assuming his works properly for backup and restore after fixing the recovery.fstab. It should work though.

EDIT: I was able to use my stock CWM to do an advanced restore of a prior backup I had made of CM10.1 on SD. I restored only /data. Now emmc is exactly like it was on SD.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on Hybrid SD

Last edited:
Reactions: aszid

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks Verygreen and Leapinlar.

I got it installed and I saved the boot partition just in case. I hopefully will not be needing to restore, but it is nice to know that I can.
The installed ROM appears snappy and I will report back any issues I discover.

Does it feel snappier than hybrid cm?

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
Woo woo! Thanks so much. Took me a couple of tries, but I got it installed. Hurray! Looking forward to getting a flashable cwm recovery, so I won't have to keep switching sdcards.

By popular demand, I am bringing to you CM10.1 that you can install into Nook's internal ROM.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Hah! Wish I'd read (and understood) this before I blew away all my old data. Oh, well, it's good practice reinstalling and configuring apps....

Is there some way to install a cwm recovery to the internal memory so I don't have to keep switching sdcards?

I was able to use my stock CWM to do an advanced restore of a prior backup I had made of CM10.1 on SD. I restored only /data. Now emmc is exactly like it was on SD.

Reactions: bpaulien

aszid

May 20, 2011
Portland, OR
Tablet UI

I'll just leave this here...

*edit*
removed the tabletui patch since a new rom version is already out :)

Last edited:

verygreen

Feb 13, 2011
TN
linuxhacker.ru
Ok, another day, another bit of progress ;)

cm-10.1-20130505-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip
Changes:
- fixed sdcard mounting.
- fixed internal storage now presents itself via mtp
- BT now seems to be working (I did not test it beyond making sure it sees other devices. Somebody please test keyboard/mice kind of devices, there's a big change in that area, even bigger than in the rest of BT stack).
- I placed in some placeholders for drm stuff, and it might even work if you grab stuff from /data/smc in stock and place it in /data/smc after CM10.1 install. Please let me know your experiences. (there's a script that supposedly can unpack it in stock, but it does not work in my rom). - I tried hulu+ and it seems to work with no changes (need modified hulu+ apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449110)
- This kernel will now retain last_log info in case of crashes.
- Updated wifi driver with the latest drop from B&N
- reboot menu is now gone it seems? That's some upstream change. (found it - it's a developer option now)

Last edited:

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
can we use this new unlock of bootloader to create custom stock roms? I would like to deodex and make some mods to stock rom as a starter.

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
Sure. It's not like you could not do it before using symlink tricks, though (granted, being able to disable init secure check on startup is much more elegant).

Great! symlinking to /system/framework/* left me stuck at 99% indefinitely. maybe it was some other problem on my end.

Will be taking a look at your cm10.1 rom to find out where the unlock bits are.

verygreen

Feb 13, 2011
TN
linuxhacker.ru
adb only works for me after bootup or in cwm. I can't see anything while its doing its init, % thing. so I was kind of perplexed. hmmmm.
Well, in my experience adb starts pretty early on in stock, so when debugging things like 99% screen with an sd card with too many partitions - you can definitely connect and see all the logs. Give it a try.

9v9

Jul 26, 2010
Underground
@Verygreen

Very nice work so far! One question...is there a huge difference if trying to install this version on an HD or is it HD+ only? If so then will there happen to be an HD only version??

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Hm, after overnight testing I've got 20% battery loss after healthy amount of deep sleep, that's kind of strange considering I've been using this kernel before with better success.
Did you happen to notice this battery loss if WiFi is off? Just thinking if the Nook is waking up to turn WiFi on periodically - this seemed to happen to me when using CM10.1 from the SD Card.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Very nice work so far! One question...is there a huge difference if trying to install this version on an HD or is it HD+ only? If so then will there happen to be an HD only version??
It is HD+ only. And yes, there is big difference. But same method can be used, just have to use modified files and ROM. Not simple to modify. You need to ask that question in bokbokan's HD thread.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.

Top Liked Posts