FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a simple script, to backup and restore the EFS / IMEI partition of the N7100 and other Samsung phones under Windows OS.

It is tested by me on a Galaxy Note 2 / GT-N7100 under Windows 8, but reported by users to work also for other phones, see details below.

Please let me know, if its also working on N7105, S3 or other Samsungs

See the attachment file and let me know, if it is useful to you.

Requirements before running the scripts:
  • Developer Options -> USB Debugging must be enabled
  • Phone must be rooted and root access given for ADB Shell access
  • Phone Drivers must be installed correctly on your OS
  • Connect the phone by USB and run one of the scripts

Reported Devices by users which are working:
  • Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
  • Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (reported by "iznee", thanks)

CHANGELOG - SCRIPTS LAST UPDATED 2013-05-11
  • v3 - Updated text output of the scripts
  • v2 - Updated ADB binary files

Hit the THANKS button if you like it!

Why my scripts?

I was inspired by batch scripts of xda user "as i9000".

But his "Windows" scripts did not satisfy me, because there where file not found issues, and in my opinion missing checks, that made me build up my own scripts from scratch...
Attached Files
File Type: 7z efs_backup_restore_windows_scripts_v3.7z - [Click for QR Code] (339.4 KB, 46609 views)
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to lskwl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lskwl Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 07:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lskwl

This is a script to backup and restore the EFS partition / IMEI of the N7100.

It is only tested on N7100, please let me know, if its also working on N7105, S3 or S4 other Samsungs

But his Windows scripts did not satisfy me, because there where file not found issues, and in my opinion missing checks that made me build up my own scripts from scratch...

See the attachment and let me know if its useful for you

Hit the THANKS if you like it!

I downloaded extracted the zip and installed in my Windows XP Laptop.Then I connected my Note GTN7100 to the PC with USB Cable.USB Debugging and Unknown source in the phone were enabled.Also Spermissin was opted as "Grant" in SuperSu.But when I clicked Backup inthe Tool,in the black window i is saying "error: write faileure during connection". Samsung drivers are also installed in the laptop.What is the problem and how can it be resolved?Please advise.Waiting with thanks.....

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:

It is only tested on N7100, please let me know, if its also working on N7105, S3 or S4 other Samsungs

But his Windows scripts did not satisfy me, because there where file not found issues, and in my opinion missing checks that made me build up my own scripts from scratch...

I downloaded extracted the zip and installed in my Windows XP Laptop.Then I connected my Note GTN7100 to the PC with USB Cable.USB Debugging and Unknown source in the phone were enabled.Also Spermissin was opted as "Grant" in SuperSu.But when I clicked Backup inthe Tool,in the black window i is saying "error: write faileure during connection". Samsung drivers are also installed in the laptop.What is the problem and how can it be resolved?Please advise.Waiting with thanks.....
7th May 2013, 12:35 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnsdhrn

- Do you have a SD card in the phone?
- Do you try to backup or restore?

Could you post a screenshot of the error? That might be helpful to investigate it...
7th May 2013, 06:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:

- Do you have a SD card in the phone?
- Do you try to backup or restore?

Could you post a screenshot of the error? That might be helpful to investigate it...

I fear you have not understood what I was telling.I could not backup EFS as the Tool is is saying "error: write faileure during connection" and stopping there without making Backup.What might be the reason for the Tool is not able to establish connection with the phone?I have enabled the phone USB Debugging and Unknown sources.Also in my PC(Windows XP) the Firewall and Antivirus is disabled.I had also installed Samsung Drivers(not Kies).Now please suggest the remedy.
9th May 2013, 02:37 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnsdhrn

I fear you have not understood what I was telling.I could not backup EFS as the Tool is is saying "error: write faileure during connection" and stopping there without making Backup.What might be the reason for the Tool is not able to establish connection with the phone?I have enabled the phone USB Debugging and Unknown sources.Also in my PC(Windows XP) the Firewall and Antivirus is disabled.I had also installed Samsung Drivers(not Kies).Now please suggest the remedy.

I understand very well.

I fear you did understand what information I need to give you support:

- Do you have an SD card, Yes / No ?
- Screenshot or exact copy of the console output to see at exactly at which position you get the error?

Other checks you can do:
If you use custom firmware, you can check the mount path of sd, because I create a temporary copy to /sdcard/efs.img. If the path dont exist it might give an error.
Try the script 2x because it might kill another version of running ADB at the end of the script.
If you still get the error try to run the command manually.

Open a console
run: ADB SHELL

You should get to a shell where you can access your phone and use "ls" to show the content of the local directory.

If you dont get that far there is something wrong with your drivers, OS configuration or phone...

Phone needs USB debugging enabled and it must be rooted / superuser rights granted over ADB!
The Following User Says Thank You to lskwl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lskwl Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 05:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:

I tried this on galaxy note 2 GT-N7100 and galaxy S4 GT-i9500 both worked succesfully. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to iznee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iznee Ad-Free
11th May 2013, 10:50 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 supported
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznee

I tried this on galaxy note 2 GT-N7100 and galaxy S4 GT-i9500 both worked succesfully. Thanks

Thank you for the feedback. I update my OP with that information.
11th May 2013, 04:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi!
using a GT-N7100 and rooted.
however, this error appears:

ERROR: The process "adb.exe" not found.

help needed.

thx again
11th May 2013, 04:52 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiikal

Hi!
using a GT-N7100 and rooted.
however, this error appears:

ERROR: The process "adb.exe" not found.

help needed.

thx again

This should not be a problem, it is just a cleanup action which runs as last command of the script to kill an eventually existing ADB process.

The "efs.img" file should be created in the same directory, where you also have the script files after running the script.

If it is there, everything is OK. Please let me know if the file exists and if not, do you have post a full screenshot or copy of the console output here.
11th May 2013, 05:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
yeah that file exist. the size is 20,480kb

so am i cool now to proceed to flash rom?

thx for the quick reply!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs imei backup recovery restore windows script, galaxy s4 gt-i9500, gt-n7100 galaxy note 2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)