Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#31  
Flag Pisa
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku

PM me your email and I can send over a copy, I am using Nova Launcher and UCCW.

Done... Thanks a lot

Marco

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

28th April 2014, 10:44 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by principino1984

Done... Thanks a lot

Marco

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sent
10th June 2014, 05:52 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!
I am loving your install, I'm looking to do something similar in my 2002 A4. What are the dash kits you got? Which one do you think matches best the Audi's black plastic? Thanks!
17th June 2014, 11:02 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
I installed my Nexus 7 onto my dash (which sits up close to the windshield) in my Mercedes C300. Unfortunately, where I live, the heat is gruesome. I park in the shade and put up a windshield shade, but my tablet powers off due to the ambient heat. Do you guys have any ideas as to how I can keep this tablet cool?
18th June 2014, 03:42 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
hey guys, I'm planning to install N7 in my car (2010 TSX) ... the TSX fits nicely (with a bit of dremmel work) in the center console under the HVAC control.

It is going to be a permanent install in the spot, so I wanna setup the N7 before I install it.... I just got a few questions

- I am planning to install Timur's USB ROM cause it seems to be the best ROM for car install, but I find install info on Timur's page a little lacking (and I can't seem to find a thread on xda either) ... I have stock 4.3.2 ROM right now, rooted and TWRP recovery. Do I need to install a CM10.1 ROM before I install the Timur ROM? Or do I just wipe system and install the Timur ROM like I install a regular ROM? Timur's instruction is to wipe data and flash the zip ... which confuses me.

- Timur's ROM is a little dated but I'm just looking for basic functionality of GPS, audio playback, and maybe video the odd times ... is there a newer ROM that's good for car install too?

- What do you guys use for navigation? Google map works well, except my N7 is wifi only, so to use google map I need to turn on my phone's wifi tethering every time I drive, which, i can do via tasker, but it drains my phone's battery ... it's not ideal. I wonder if you guys use another app for map and navigation?

- What other apps do you guys use and suggest for a N7 car-puter?

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to number16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift number16 Ad-Free
4th July 2014, 09:19 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
compliments I also wanted to do it on my leona
The Following User Says Thank You to alex71184 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex71184 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 05:45 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Looks cool, but damn a lot of wires
The Following User Says Thank You to zlocko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zlocko Ad-Free
4th September 2014, 04:24 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrounche

Hi!
I am loving your install, I'm looking to do something similar in my 2002 A4. What are the dash kits you got? Which one do you think matches best the Audi's black plastic? Thanks!

I use one from enfigcarstereo, it's the only one I could find that matched the black plastic perfectly. Everything else was just slightly off and did not look as nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number16

- What do you guys use for navigation? Google map works well, except my N7 is wifi only, so to use google map I need to turn on my phone's wifi tethering every time I drive, which, i can do via tasker, but it drains my phone's battery ... it's not ideal. I wonder if you guys use another app for map and navigation?

- What other apps do you guys use and suggest for a N7 car-puter?

I use Google maps as well, tethered to my phone, but with tethered via USB. I used to tether via BT but for some reason cannot get that working on my new phone, the advantage with tethering via USB though is my phone charges while its tethered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlocko

Looks cool, but damn a lot of wires

Thanks, and yeah I keep meaning to tidy up the wires, but life gets in the way. Thankfully I don't see them while driving! I still keep toying with the idea of trying to get it working with the voice button on my steering wheel, but as with the wires I just never have the time.

No real updates on this project, a couple weeks ago I built a fiberglass tray that the Nexus sits in. The previous way I had it mounted it never felt particularly secure, and sometimes dropped a little while driving. The fiberglass tray I built for it is solid and has a lip that the Nexus sits right into. Other than that it's working as well today as when I created the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naiku Ad-Free
6th September 2014, 03:09 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
any chance you could post that background? I would love to use it in my car install as well and I am sure a few others would as well...
7th September 2014, 12:18 AM |#40  
Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Awsome!
I have my old nexus 7 lying in my drawer collecting dust i am thinking of installing it into my toyota corolla
10th September 2014, 09:15 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schollianmj

any chance you could post that background? I would love to use it in my car install as well and I am sure a few others would as well...

Done, should be attached to this post.

The black border around the main image was so that it remained central on my home screen. Someone once told me about an app that I could use that would negate the need for the border, but I forget the app, and am not that worried about it to be honest. One day I may change it up a little (there are a few things I want to change using Photoshop when I have the chance) but for now it works nicely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Launcher.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (116.6 KB, 835 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naiku Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)