PLEASE HELP - Stuck in Loading

Search This thread

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
Hi guys,

I need help. My kid's Asus TF300T suddenly got stuck at the loading process. I turn it on, and it keeps loading and then reboot itself and kept loading again. This keeps going forever.

The bootloader is unlocked and I had a custom ROM on it, though I don't remember what it is.

I am still able to enter recovery (TWRP 2.4.4.0) while pressing the vol - and Power buttons.

But what else can I do? How do I get the tablet to work again?

Thanks so much.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi guys,

I need help. My kid's Asus TF300T suddenly got stuck at the loading process. I turn it on, and it keeps loading and then reboot itself and kept loading again. This keeps going forever.

The bootloader is unlocked and I had a custom ROM on it, though I don't remember what it is.

I am still able to enter recovery (TWRP 2.4.4.0) while pressing the vol - and Power buttons.

But what else can I do? How do I get the tablet to work again?

Thanks so much.

I'm assuming that "loading" means that the boot animation is still working, but not going into Android at the end of it.

You can first try clearing the cache in TWRP: Go to the WIPE category and only select Dalvik Cache and Cache and wipe those. Reboot and see if anything changed.

If that doesn't work, then you can try factory resetting, but this will erase all data not backed up on the tablet. Do NOT wipe data from the fastboot menu. Only factory reset from within TWRP.

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
I'm assuming that "loading" means that the boot animation is still working, but not going into Android at the end of it.

You can first try clearing the cache in TWRP: Go to the WIPE category and only select Dalvik Cache and Cache and wipe those. Reboot and see if anything changed.

If that doesn't work, then you can try factory resetting, but this will erase all data not backed up on the tablet. Do NOT wipe data from the fastboot menu. Only factory reset from within TWRP.

Yes, that's correct. It's at the boot animation and never get into Android.

I tried to wipe Cache and Dalvnik but that didn't help.

I also just tried Factory Reset, and it did not help either.

Is there anything else I can do? I can try to flash the ROM again, but I just don't remember which ROM I had on it.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Yes, that's correct. It's at the boot animation and never get into Android.

I tried to wipe Cache and Dalvnik but that didn't help.

I also just tried Factory Reset, and it did not help either.

Is there anything else I can do? I can try to flash the ROM again, but I just don't remember which ROM I had on it.

Before you enter TWRP, the bootloader information appears in the top left corner of your screen. Which bootloader version are you on and what does the boot animation say/look like?

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
It says:

Key driver not found... Booting OS
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by 'US_epad-10.6.1.8-20130225" A03

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol.

Then I had the option to select RCK - Android - Wipe Data

When I selected RCK, it brings me to TWRP.

The boot animation has the word ANDROID flashing from left to right. It probably was a custom boot animation.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
It says:

Key driver not found... Booting OS
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by 'US_epad-10.6.1.8-20130225" A03

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol.

Then I had the option to select RCK - Android - Wipe Data

When I selected RCK, it brings me to TWRP.

The boot animation has the word ANDROID flashing from left to right. It probably was a custom boot animation.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

So what I would do is first flash an updated Stock ROM via fastboot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1697227
Flash the "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5" for your region. Then it will reset.

Then using fastboot, you can follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48508679&postcount=7

And you should be up and running with a new CM11 ROM.

Reactions: smokarz

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
So what I would do is first flash an updated Stock ROM via fastboot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1697227
Flash the "ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5" for your region. Then it will reset.

Then using fastboot, you can follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48508679&postcount=7

And you should be up and running with a new CM11 ROM.

Thanks cmendonc2,

I really want to make sure I got this right, please let me know if I am missing anything.

1) Install adb/fastboot on my PC

2) Flash Updated Stock Rom via fastboot (which is the latest stock rom and where can I get it?) Do I reboot the tablet after I flashed this?

3) Flash TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 via fastboot. I guesss reboot again after I flashed the firmware?

4) Then follow the last link you posted to flash CM11?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks cmendonc2,

I really want to make sure I got this right, please let me know if I am missing anything.

1) Install adb/fastboot on my PC

2) Flash Updated Stock Rom via fastboot (which is the latest stock rom and where can I get it?) Do I reboot the tablet after I flashed this?

3) Flash TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 via fastboot. I guesss reboot again after I flashed the firmware?

4) Then follow the last link you posted to flash CM11?

1.) The minimal software from here should work fine: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269

2.) The Stock ROM is the tf300t firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1697227 Reboot.

4.) Then follow the guide.

Reactions: smokarz

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks again,

What are the commands to flash rom and reboot/

Extract the blob from the zip file and put it in the fastboot folder:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system *blob name*

That will take a while and you can watch the progress meter on the device.

Code:
fastboot reboot
will reboot it then.

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
Thank you. And with fastboot, I don't need to flash the necessary TWRP?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thank you. And with fastboot, I don't need to flash the necessary TWRP?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well if you install everything by fastboot, you don't need TWRP. But if something goes wrong and a computer isn't nearby or stops working, having an onboard recovery is essential.

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
Hopefully, this will be the last question.

Before I use fastboot, should I power up the tablet with the Vol- & Power and then go into RCK mode?

And I don't see a link to download this from that thread.

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.6.1.27.5 Only for US SKU (Android 4.2) - 2013.09.13 update

Last edited:

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
I downloaded the stock firmware straight from the ASUS website, I hope that was correct.

I ran fastboot, and this is the result of it.

When I did fastboot reboot, the device did not reboot at all and I had to manually power it off.

Now, when I power it on. I am stuck at the ASUS screen, it does even get to the bootloader animation.

Did I do something terribly wrong?

Attachments

• fastboot_1.JPG
    fastboot_1.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 15

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I downloaded the stock firmware straight from the ASUS website, I hope that was correct.

I ran fastboot, and this is the result of it.

When I did fastboot reboot, the device did not reboot at all and I had to manually power it off.

Now, when I power it on. I am stuck at the ASUS screen, it does even get to the bootloader animation.

Did I do something terribly wrong?

Thats weird, the colored text used to be a link to a download in that thread...

What firmware zip did you download? I've never seen that error before. What was the exact name of the file?

smokarz

Jul 6, 2011
After I extracted, I got this file.

US_epad-user-10.6.1.27.5

And that is the file I used to flash.

Top Liked Posts