Wifi Tether Fully Working COnfirmed!

Search This thread
Ok I may be confused now lol... the link u gave me added that add-on to chrome. Therefore I was using chrome browser. Can I attach that add-on to other browsers or just chrome?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

There is an add on to change your user agent for internet explorer, as well as fire Fox, though you'll have to do some searching. For chrome, try clicking the user agent icon in the upper right corner and switching between different options.. osx safari may work for Hulu..while android or ie may work for something else.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app

Ok I may be confused now lol... the link u gave me added that add-on to chrome. Therefore I was using chrome browser. Can I attach that add-on to other browsers or just chrome?

This is the add-on that I use for Internet Explorer... it's not as pretty as chrome's UA extension... but to answer your question.... No. Chrome (.crx) extensions are not cross-browser compatible. You need a chrome UA picker, like this one for Google Chrome. You'll have to search for Firefox, Safari, or anything else.. As far as I know, if you download and install Safari, you don't have to worry about user agents at all.. I could be wrong, but I'm probably right.

Sorry for the LLLLLLEEEEENNNNNNGGGGGTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY delay.. .I just saw that I left you hanging... I hope this helped!

Reactions: MikeJennni

jaysmax

Sep 7, 2013
San Francisco
new to this

Okay I've tried endlessly to get my tether to work to my ps3 but cant figure it out i had foxfi working for 2days n then blocked funny thing o can tether to a phone or tablet fine but when i try to the playstion is hit an miss..can anyone give me a small tutorial..or tell me what I'm doing wrong??
I am rooted running pacman ROM 4.2.2

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Okay I've tried endlessly to get my tether to work to my ps3 but cant figure it out i had foxfi working for 2days n then blocked funny thing o can tether to a phone or tablet fine but when i try to the playstion is hit an miss..can anyone give me a small tutorial..or tell me what I'm doing wrong??
I am rooted running pacman ROM 4.2.2

After reading some other things, my guess is it's because the PS3 can't change the UA like you can do in a browser to fool the system into thinking it's an android device that's connecting.
Just a guess though since I don't use tethering hardly ever.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: IF YOU STILL GETTING THE MSG ABOUT THE TMOBILE OFFER OF 14.99 THE SOLUTION IS:

SOLITION #1: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME AND STILL WANT TO USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE USER AGENT. TO DO SO YOU OPEN GOOGLE CHROME CLICK ON MENU THEN TOOLS, THEN DEVELOPER TOOLS, THE A WINDOW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS GOING TO PUP UP THEN CLICK ON SETTINGS (THERE IS A SETTING BUTTOM ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM) THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE 3 TABS: GENERAL -OVERRIDES-SHORTCUTS, CLICK ON OVERRIDES THEN YOU CLICK ON USER AGENT AND CHANGE THE USER AGENT TO ANYTHING THATS IT!

SOLUTION # 2 :GO TO WWW.APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD SAFARI BROWSER SIMPLE AND USE IT! THATS IT!!
    ALSO IF YOU DONT LIKE SAFARI BROWSER YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNLOAD FIREFOX BROWSER!!

1ST - ROOT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
    2ND-DOWNLOAD THIS APK FROM THE MARKET OR FROM HERE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ VERSION 3.1 BETA14
    3RD-INSTALL IT ON YOUR PHONE
    4TH- OPEN THE APP HIT MENU-SETTINGS- CHANGE DEVICE PROFILE AND SET YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE). NOW GO BACK AND START TETHERING!!!! THATS IT SIMPLE WORKS GREAT AND FAST!! CONECTS ANY DEVICE FAST!!

NOTE:

NOTE:IF YOU GUYS UPDATED YOUR PHONE NOW PUT THE PROFILE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS GSM INSTEAD OF THE CDMA/LTE !!!!
    Just fyi.. Someone else on another thread and now me got a push msg from using Wifi Tether.. Pretty much says stop or they'll block tethering.. I've only been using it for about 2 days b4 I got the msg

Anyone else get it or have a work around?
    try using a different browser on your pc.. that happens to me on time but with a galazy s2 and it was because i was using google chrome, so i swithc to a different browser and problem solved!!!! JUST FYI
    Does this only work on the t mobile version our will it work on Verizons as well?
    Thanks!

tap'n

so far i know this method works on sprint and tmobile.. havent tried verizon or att yet
    So wifi has been disabled in jb?

NOTE: IF YOU STILL GETTING THE MSG ABOUT THE TMOBILE OFFER OF 14.99 THE SOLUTION IS:

SOLITION #1: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME AND STILL WANT TO USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE USER AGENT. TO DO SO YOU OPEN GOOGLE CHROME CLICK ON MENU THEN TOOLS, THEN DEVELOPER TOOLS, THE A WINDOW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS GOING TO PUP UP THEN CLICK ON SETTINGS (THERE IS A SETTING BUTTOM ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM) THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE 3 TABS: GENERAL -OVERRIDES-SHORTCUTS, CLICK ON OVERRIDES THEN YOU CLICK ON USER AGENT AND CHANGE THE USER AGENT TO ANYTHING THATS IT!

SOLUTION # 2 :GO TO WWW.APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD SAFARI BROWSER SIMPLE AND USE IT! THATS IT!!
    ALSO IF YOU DONT LIKE SAFARI BROWSER YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNLOAD FIREFOX BROWSER!!

1ST - ROOT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
    2ND-DOWNLOAD THIS APK FROM THE MARKET OR FROM HERE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ VERSION 3.1 BETA14
    3RD-INSTALL IT ON YOUR PHONE
    4TH- OPEN THE APP HIT MENU-SETTINGS- CHANGE DEVICE PROFILE AND SET YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE). NOW GO BACK AND START TETHERING!!!! THATS IT SIMPLE WORKS GREAT AND FAST!! CONECTS ANY DEVICE FAST!!

NOTE:

NOTE:IF YOU GUYS UPDATED YOUR PHONE NOW PUT THE PROFILE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS GSM INSTEAD OF THE CDMA/LTE !!!!

Works perfectly bro :D