Search This thread

kevinbakon

Apr 29, 2010
Houston
Love this app! Just curious if there's any way to dismiss the "pinned" notifications in the drawer (a la AcDisplay settings n such...)? I like to keep it clean lol....

I would also like this option.

Ditto.... Despite my best efforts, the notifications come back (most often the active mode and rarely the lockscreen notification). This is after numerous attempts through the phone's app settings as well as attempting to block ongoing notifications via a third-party notification blocker. I cannot seem to figure out what triggers the return, each time. Sometimes its after the phone has been sleeping, sometimes its after a reboot and most often it returns throughout the day at some random time... I want my notification panel as clean as possible and it's quite a nuisance

Otherwise, fantastic app! Keep up the great improvements too!

Last edited:

BoostRoid

May 31, 2012
Hmm I seem to be having a hard time dismissing notifications. No matter how I swipe to the left or right I just can't get it to work. Tips?

burdo

Jul 26, 2013
Awesome app!

Best app for android I've tested along with Tasker.

Just one question. I use pattern lock. I'd like NOT TO have ACd as lockscreen when there are NO notifications since I have to unlock the ACd lockscreen and then it takes me to the pattern unlock screen.

The only way I found is to disable lockscreen in ACd and wake up the screen with new notifications. The problem here is that it will show for some time, but if I turn on the screen manually ACd is gone and Im taken to the pattern unlock screen.

Anybody help?

Thanks to the dev! I'll be donating tomorrow!

PS: What does Enable shadows do ?

Last edited:

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Best app for android I've tested along with Tasker.

Just one question. I use pattern lock. I'd like NOT TO have ACd as lockscreen when there are NO notifications since I have to unlock the ACd lockscreen and then it takes me to the pattern unlock screen.

The only way I found is to disable lockscreen in ACd and wake up the screen with new notifications. The problem here is that it will show for some time, but if I turn on the screen manually ACd is gone and Im taken to the pattern unlock screen.

Anybody help?

Thanks to the dev! I'll be donating tomorrow!

PS: What does Enable shadows do ?

Not an option yet. Maybe it'll be added later like it is with active mode.

It enables shadows. They're very subtle but they're there behind the clock for example.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Hmm I seem to be having a hard time dismissing notifications. No matter how I swipe to the left or right I just can't get it to work. Tips?

Swipe quick over a short distance. You don't have to swipe until the edge of the screen as long as you swipe quick enough.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Love this app! Just curious if there's any way to dismiss the "pinned" notifications in the drawer (a la AcDisplay settings n such...)? I like to keep it clean lol....

You could in theory disable them through app settings but since they are required for ensuring that the app keeps working I would advise against it.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Perhaps someone can tell me where I am going wrong with this app, because I'm failing to see the point of it. First, does the active message display more than once, because I've not yet looked at my screen within the 25 max seconds that the active notification displays, and so I have never seen it. I thought it would repeat periodically. Second, even when I see it, isn't it giving me the exact same info I get by swiping down my notification bar(I have all notification expanded by default), which takes the same or less time with roughly the same finger involvement? Thanks, hope I don't sound unpleasant. I really want to like this app but haven't figured out what the hold is about yet.

Free storage from Copy:
https://copy.com?r=cScoov

Why do people use anything really. In my experience with a pin as lock it's quicker because I don't have to unlock first and overall it's just a more pleasant experience.
If you didn't look at it within the original timeout time you should set it as a lockscreen so that you can manually enable it or you can enable active mode for it to activate when you take it out of your pocket.

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk

the option isnt included in the app itself, but it's still easy to do:

Menu-settings-apps
Find acdisplay
Untick notifications

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

jpen

Apr 28, 2009
I have beautiful widgets and it shows the temperature on the notification bar and info when you slide down the notification bar. Curious why that isn't being shown on the acdisplay. That would be cool if it showed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
I have beautiful widgets and it shows the temperature on the notification bar and info when you slide down the notification bar. Curious why that isn't being shown on the acdisplay. That would be cool if it showed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Is it a permanent notification?

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
  • Tasker integration - listening to a simple intent to activate and deactivate AcDisplay that can be sent by Tasker would suffice - similar to the widget you have already implemented

With Secure Settings you can use Tasker to enable/disable notification access to AcDisplay, which in turn enables/disables AcDisplay itself. I set this up months ago so that when I go to sleep AcDisplay doesn't turn on my screen and it's been working flawlessly.

I don't know if the notification access is only in the paid version of Secure Settings, but IMO the paid version is well worth it because of the numerous abilities it adds to Tasker.

little_j

Nov 6, 2013
Why Android 4.1 isn't supported? DynamicNotifications are working on 4.1 but i don't like this app because is ugly.

aswinrulez

Jul 30, 2009
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Every time I get notifications the blue bar that says swipe down to exit full screen shows up.. I have to press OK to interact with the active display notifications.. Can I stop this message from showing up? Running purity rom on nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Reactions: aswinrulez

NCguy

Jul 4, 2010
NC
Here are my suggestions after using the app for a few days. Firstly, awesome app. It however lacks some necessary configurability which, I recognize is not needed for all users but from the posts I would say applies to many.

First, swipe to home screen and swipe to remove notification needs to be more sensitive. I have a nexus 5 which is recognized to be the current google reference device. IMO the swipe sensitivity is not high enough requiring far too much effort. Again, personal preference comes into play so sensitivity should be configurable.

Second, I carry my N5 in a side pouch. The proximity sensor is not quite sensitive enough to wake my device when I remove from the side pouch unless I intentionally rub against the side of my body after pulling from the pouch. Again the proximity sensitivity need to be configurable to handle this common use case.

I'm not sure with android phone if it's possible to adjust the sensitivities mentioned here on a per app basis but if it is possible I suspect that it would make the app far more useful for many users. Making it configurable would have minimal impact on those that are happy with the current sensitivity levels.

Reactions: MattDoza

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I have removed the posts offering the old, pre-2.0 APKs. When sharing an app, you must get the OP's permission first. AChep does not want any pre-2.0 APKs distributed, so please refrain from doing that on XDA.
You can find the forum rules here - please review rule #12 especially.

GermainZ - Forum Moderator

Why Android 4.1 isn't supported? DynamicNotifications are working on 4.1 but i don't like this app because is ugly.
plz make it for 4.0+
Search this thread for "4.2" or similar or read the FAQ.

Last edited:

Bionic22

Jun 17, 2013
Moto X user here. Should I just ditch Motorola's Active Display for ACDisplay? Seems better then Active Display.

activeservo

Oct 31, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Regarding dismissing the notifications I found there are a few apps that like to have a notification which is irritating. If your rooted, NotificationsOff is free and is a great appfor permanently disabling notifications for apps. Just be careful not to disable notifications for all apps as I couldn't answer the phone or know when someone tested me. I thought all my friends had abandoned me for 3 days lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AcDisplay
    Open Source Android app

screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png

AcDisplay is a new way of handling notifications in Android.

It will inform you about new notifications by showing a minimal, beautiful screen, allowing you to open them directly from the lock screen. And if you want to see what's going on, you can simply take your phone out of your pocket to view all the latest notifications, in a similarly pleasing and minimalistic manner.

Code:
    Copyright (C) 2013-2015 AChep@xda <artemchep@gmail.com>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
    of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
    MA  02110-1301, USA.

Android: 4.1+ (Android 4.4+ is recommended)

Official webpage: http://acdisplay.org
    Download: http://releases.acdisplay.org
    Repository: http://repo.acdisplay.org
    Translate: http://translate.acdisplay.org
    Google+ community: http://community.acdisplay.org
    Feel free to comment and post your suggestions!
    Whoa! Version 2.1.1 is here: this is basically a bug-fix release
    - Snapshot of translations from crowdin
    - Slightly increased the size of notification icons
    - Dynamic backgrounds
    - Mirrored timeout bar (option)
    - Shadows (option)
    - Updated icons
    - Xposed module
    - Fixed "Some icons are cropped / empty"
    - Fixed "Timeout can be 0 seconds"
    - Fixed "There's a delay between selecting notifications"
    - Minor impoverments and fixes.

The update doesn't contain music controls and simplified UI and some other things. Yet.
    Enjoy new version!

Version 1.2.4 (18.02.2014)
    - Option to use app only while charging
    - Option to enable low-priority notifications
    - Option to configure timeouts.
    - Swipe to dismiss notification
    - Fixes for test notification.
    - Ability to hide date
    - New icon
    - Translations (thanks to all who helped me!): Greek, Hebrev, Romanian, Serbian (cyr.), Arabic, Chinese Simp., Chinese Trad., Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
    - Some improverments and fixes