23rd October 2012, 09:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan

What does it look like actually ON the Touchstone? It it stable?

I will post a picture of it when I get home, but it is quite stable on the touchstone it holds it up. It will come off the magnetic field if you physically knock it off but it wouldn't come off if you knocked the table or anything its on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj3005

Your speaker wires are really thick I would use 0.7mm lacquered copper wire

I think the speaker cable I used was about 1mm thick i will double check but 0.7mm would be best, but with a 1mm you hardly notice it on the case anyways.

23rd October 2012, 11:16 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Great mod, it's pretty cool how android has picked up the wireless charge, I didn't even know it was natively supported. What is the charging time like compared to a normal tethered charge?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
23rd October 2012, 11:34 PM |#13  
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200

Donate to Me
More
wow nice and cheap... what's the voltage coming out from the coil ?
23rd October 2012, 11:36 PM |#14  
Libramont
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

Great mod, it's pretty cool how android has picked up the wireless charge, I didn't even know it was natively supported. What is the charging time like compared to a normal tethered charge?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

It will take around 6-7hrs to full charge. Not great ...
24th October 2012, 12:12 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag United Kingdom

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

wow nice and cheap... what's the voltage coming out from the coil ?

I measured 5.6V from the output, but I didn't measure the actual coil itself.
24th October 2012, 12:20 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag United Kingdom

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

I'm not so sure, it was something I quickly did before I went to work not had a play with it yet. I'm home now so I've docked it on the charger at 50% so I will report back in hour with what percentage it is at.
24th October 2012, 12:26 AM |#17  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G

I measured 5.6V from the output, but I didn't measure the actual coil itself.

Thanks for hte quick reply.

I have 2 concerns:
1. will 5.6v fry the battery sooner ? (forgot to ask the ouput amperage)
2. if the back cover bulges, it might crack the cover sooner or later..

what do you think ?

thanks
24th October 2012, 12:43 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag United Kingdom

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

Thanks for hte quick reply.

I have 2 concerns:
1. will 5.6v fry the battery sooner ? (forgot to ask the ouput amperage)
2. if the back cover bulges, it might crack the cover sooner or later..

what do you think ?

thanks

When I measured the output i didn't have a load on it, so I would expect a slight drop in the output voltage. I will measure the amps tomorrow, to see what its drawing I will plug it in to the Samsung 2A charger but i got a feeling its limited to what it can draw. I couldn't comment on whether it will fry the battery sooner but I will also measure the voltage to see if there is a drop.

The back cover has minimum bulge, hardly noticeable. You can always use thinner wire if your worried about the bulge like 'rj3005' mentioned about using 0.7mm. I highly doubt the cover would crack as its quite flexible in itself.
24th October 2012, 12:45 AM |#19  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When I measured the output i didn't have a load on it, so I would expect a slight drop in the output voltage. I will measure the amps tomorrow, to see what its drawing I will plug it in to the Samsung 2A charger but i got a feeling its limited to what it can draw. I couldn't comment on whether it will fry the battery sooner but I will also measure the voltage to see if there is a drop.

The back cover has minimum bulge, hardly noticeable. You can always use thinner wire if your worried about the bulge like 'rj3005' mentioned about using 0.7mm. I highly doubt the cover would crack as its quite flexible in itself.

Can I just clarify one thing, do you mean the buldge is caused by the x2 cables that you soldered to the terminals and not the actual big circular coil (sorry don't know what its called). cheers
24th October 2012, 12:53 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag United Kingdom

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

Can I just clarify one thing, do you mean the buldge is caused by the x2 cables that you soldered to the terminals and not the actual big circular coil (sorry don't know what its called). cheers

Yes the actual 'coil and charging circuit' doesn't bulge only the two cables you can slightly feel going from the charging circuit terminals to the galaxy note wireless charging ports.
Like I said the bulge is very minimal, nothing which concerns me but could be overcome my using thinner cable then what I used.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryan_G Ad-Free
24th October 2012, 01:04 AM |#21  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes the actual 'coil and charging circuit' doesn't bulge only the two cables you can slightly feel going from the charging circuit terminals to the galaxy note wireless charging ports.
Like I said the bulge is very minimal, nothing which concerns me but could be overcome my using thinner cable then what I used.

cheers mate, I'm ordering the bits tonight. PLease update your thread with the voltage and amperage readings when you have time....off to amazon....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cheap, galaxy note 2 wireless charging, mod, palm, touchstone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)