FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SetCPU

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By NekoNyapii, Senior Member on 21st April 2012, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know that if you OC/UV incorrectly, it can cause stability issues. But I was wondering does it cause any damage to the phones hardware like battery, etc? And like how can you tell when SETCPU is causing problems?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

21st April 2012, 10:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Well if you OC to high numbers your just stressing the cpu more.Knowing when you have issues is simple getting random reboots,phone getting too hot etcc.

It differs for every phone but undervolting -25 for each voltages works well.
Personally I really don't see the point overclocking to high levels like 1.4 ghz etc,Is up to individual I guess.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
21st April 2012, 10:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24

Well if you OC to high numbers your just stressing the cpu more.Knowing when you have issues is simple getting random reboots,phone getting too hot etcc.

It differs for every phone but undervolting -25 for each voltages works well.
Personally I really don't see the point overclocking to high levels like 1.4 ghz etc,Is up to individual I guess.

Yeah I have been wondering what's the point of OC to 1.4? Does it make that big of a difference in the 4g speed? And cpu speed?

22nd April 2012, 12:21 AM |#4  
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Honestly, there really is no point other than for benchmarks. I, like mt3g, actually underclock the phone to something like 750-760mhz; it runs beautifully smooth.

Other than that, if you game a lot and want to maximize FPS, then overclocking would do that for you.

Doesn't have anything to do with 4g speed afaik. That's entirely reception.
22nd April 2012, 02:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Yeah 4g is about reception and tmobile simply.

I mean I had single core devices like MT4g ,SGS 4g for the most part on a day to day basis transitions to transitions theres not much diffirence in terms of speed. Now for FPS and a few other games you need that dual core.Point is there"s no need to OC a dual core phone!

22nd April 2012, 08:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have had mine OC'd to 1.1 ghz with some undervolts. It is very stable , 10-12 hr battery with medium to heavy use , and ofcourse fast. Took a while to find the best settings.
22nd April 2012, 09:54 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesa

More
When I have SetCPU set to 1015 megahertz, that's the same as stock voltage, isn't it?
23rd April 2012, 12:35 AM |#8  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,472

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii

When I have SetCPU set to 1015 megahertz, that's the same as stock voltage, isn't it?

What does CPU speed have to do with voltage?
23rd April 2012, 12:39 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mesa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking_13

What does CPU speed have to do with voltage?

I meant the same as stock speed.

23rd April 2012, 12:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
setcpu phone overclocking
Changes you might see are battery life but not that much unless you so how mess with voltage. Like other have said you know it effecting stability when its overheating, shutting down randomly, exiting program randomly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)