Sprint PRL Updates (01120) Updated July 01, 2011

Search This thread

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
This is the latest Sprint PRL extracted from my Touch Pro 2. If you have the ability to use the stock update PRL tool to get the update great! If not the file is attached below for manual update. I will try and keep this thread updated with all the latest sprint PRL's as they come!

How to manually update PRL:
1. Download and unzip prl file to storage card
2. Dial ##775#
3. Enter your MSL code
4. Select menu then edit
5. Browse to the location you unzipped the prl file to
6. Select the prl file, press ok
7. Press ok again
8. Select yes, phone will restart

Thats it! You have successfully manually updated your prl!

Having trouble finding your MSL? Go to post #2

Attachments

• 60675.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,494
  • 60676.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 838
  • 60677.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 01115.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 01119.zip
    4 KB · Views: 880
  • 01120.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,940
Last edited:

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
Ok, since the only manual method of grabbing the MSL can be a bit intimidating to new users and requires a reg editor and a file explorer like total commander, PpcGeeks member "krohnjw" wrote a quick app to enable/disable logging and then read/parse the log file to display your MSL.

Attached is the cab which will install the following:
- The application (13k), a Readme with some more info as far as what it does exactly, and some contact info.

Must have .net 3.5 CF installed.

Credits go to pzztgotbagz for posting the method and strra for reposting it and motivating him to code a solution for folks.

edit:.
v0.5: Added a save option after MSL is grabbed. Will default to \Storage Card\msl.txt and bounce to \ if \storage card is not present.
v0.4: minimal changes to menu structure init. Added .net CF 3.5 cab
v0.3: minimal changes to exit code.
Added v0.2: Removed requirement to disable logging before grabbing MSL.

Reactions: lmikey88 and ai6908

nubsors

Oct 26, 2010
Fremont
Please forgive my stupidity, but why can't we just hit the update PRL button in the system updates section?

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
i thank you for the prl updates.
do you know how i could cook this into my rom?
thanks.

sh4d0w86.

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Dumb question!

How does the PRL works during first boot? I know custom ROMS do now have prl cooked in it. So PRL is updated during first boot from the service provider, which means it will be always the latest after flash?

wateverweber

Jul 13, 2010
sorry for the noobish question but wat are the benifits of updating your prl? I know it has to do with signal but does it help with anything else?

revcp

Nov 8, 2008
Twin Cities
Quick, but perhaps complicated, question. I've been able to find a few sense roms that will allow me to get partway intio the ##775# method of updating, but in every case when I put in my msl (found msl through using msl reader off the market and using alogcat--same number) I get the message to check password error. Any idea what could be going on?

This is the latest Sprint PRL extracted from my Touch Pro 2. If you have the ability to use the stock update PRL tool to get the update great! If not the file is attached below for manual update. I will try and keep this thread updated with all the latest sprint PRL's as they come!

2. Dial ##775#
3. Enter your MSL code
4. Select menu then edit
7. Press ok again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Dial ##775#
    3. Enter your MSL code
    4. Select menu then edit
    7. Press ok again

Ok, since the only manual method of grabbing the MSL can be a bit intimidating to new users and requires a reg editor and a file explorer like total commander, PpcGeeks member "krohnjw" wrote a quick app to enable/disable logging and then read/parse the log file to display your MSL.

Attached is the cab which will install the following:
    - The application (13k), a Readme with some more info as far as what it does exactly, and some contact info.

Must have .net 3.5 CF installed.

Credits go to pzztgotbagz for posting the method and strra for reposting it and motivating him to code a solution for folks.

edit:.
    v0.5: Added a save option after MSL is grabbed. Will default to \Storage Card\msl.txt and bounce to \ if \storage card is not present.
    v0.4: minimal changes to menu structure init. Added .net CF 3.5 cab
    v0.3: minimal changes to exit code.
    Added v0.2: Removed requirement to disable logging before grabbing MSL.
    Thank you for sharing.

I had been always wondering what is the adv of updating PRL? Maybe you can help me understand...:D
    New PRL, 01115, in first post!