[10.Mar.11][v2 by CrawlingCity][ROM-DEV] HD2 Honeycomb Development Central

Search This thread

cib3rt00th

Nov 13, 2008
data is working fine, guys please learn to search and read.
As for the changelog, it is there. what was working before, is still working, and i fixed auto-rotate and data. There's no others changes for now

it works great! my internet speed 1.6 mbps^^ not bad still waiting for audio to work and wifi and gps ^^ and sometime it lags for a minute wen go bak to the main page

GHOST99K

Apr 1, 2010
Queens
wow looks better in HD2 than my Nexus One.hmmm....just wondering if we can NAND backup/restore this alpha build?

fantasticlord

Jul 29, 2007
HCM City
I've been watching this thread for days and waiting for the 'wifi function'.
Maybe in the near future (or maybe not), just keep working on this you guys!!!!

Last edited:

sgtmedeiros

Nov 26, 2009
Barrington, RI
Can't seem to get the data working properly. Do you know if on the off-chance, t-mobile data works with this build?

Steps I've taken:

Clicked on 'Network operators'
After it scans for providers I select 'T-Mobile'
Put a Check-mark next to 'Data enabled'
I back out to the main screen and I press the search I get an error:
No network connection
Browser cannot load this page because there is no Internet connection​

Am I doing something incorrectly?

You have to add the apn

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tribulattifather

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Please stop spamming the thread with requests guys..
the devs are hard at work.
Also show appreciation by hitting thanks button instead of posting. :)

Peace ~Josh

Sent from my HD2 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

cib3rt00th

Nov 13, 2008
Ok, time to talk to a moderator. This is a dev thread.

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

crawlingcity i have a concern that when i have honey comb installed in nand, my superram 1.5 which boot by sd has suddenly stop receiving mobile data internet, i have tried all methods, but still no internet. only after i use TASK 29 to clean my phones memory and without honeycomb installed, then it's able to go online.

crawlingcity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2010
Porto
crawlingcity i have a concern that when i have honey comb installed in nand, my superram 1.5 which boot by sd has suddenly stop receiving mobile data internet, i have tried all methods, but still no internet. only after i use TASK 29 to clean my phones memory and without honeycomb installed, then it's able to go online.

Does this happens only with honeycomb or with any other build? its strange because concerning data or any other thing, this is just another build. I don't see any reason why this would stop data in a sd rom. Try moving superram to another folder

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Why on earth do people still want SD builds when you have NAND:confused:

Dear me only a few months ago this forum was clogged up with posts and people screaming for NAND on Android and now you have it and people are now looking to go back to SD...

Very much keeping an eye on this thread, im not gonna flash this as im waiting until it's a bit more stable and workable;)

denisse_24

May 14, 2010
hi plz can someone with working internet in the US can write down the apn settings, it doesnt give the option to edit them, just to create new APN settings...other way the build is wonderful, i can send txt messages just that i cant read what i write but im happy with that lol..., just need the internet working...when r we gonna have an update???...cheers

Last edited:

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
hi plz can someone with working internet in the US can write down the apn settings, it doesnt give the option to edit them, just to create new APN settings...other way the build is wonderful, i can send txt messages just that i cant read what i write but im happy with that lol..., just need the internet working...when r we gonna have an update???...cheers

It might help to specify what network you are on and of course you can always Google it ;)

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Why on earth do people still want SD builds when you have NAND:confused:

Dear me only a few months ago this forum was clogged up with posts and people screaming for NAND on Android and now you have it and people are now looking to go back to SD...

Very much keeping an eye on this thread, im not gonna flash this as im waiting until it's a bit more stable and workable;)

You just answered your own question. We'd like an SD build so that we can try it out without flashing over our fully functional configurations. Once this rom is fully functional, it won't be as necessary.

Reactions: cawo

GHOST99K

Apr 1, 2010
Queens
+1 exactly..

I dont want to kill my perfect gingerbread nand ;-P

"I dont want to kill my perfect gingerbread nand ;-P" if u have nand u can just nand backup your current rom and flash this honeycomb alpha and when u finish testing it u can just nand restore your previous rom.pretty dam easy and convenient to have nand and recovery.

crawlingcity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2010
Porto
"I dont want to kill my perfect gingerbread nand ;-P" if u have nand u can just nand backup your current rom and flash this honeycomb alpha and when u finish testing it u can just nand restore your previous rom.pretty dam easy and convenient to have nand and recovery.

ghost just answered everyone asking for a SD version. If i wasn't clear before, i'll try to be clear now, i won't make a SD version of this.

And maybe i wasn't clear enough, STOP ASKING FOR IT. Next time, a mod will just lock this. This is getting pretty annoying.

Maybe i should just work on Honeycomb and fix stuff without releasing it, lock the thread, and when it's 100% post it in here. Maybe people will learn to be patient.

Note to self: i have to stop refreshing this thread.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
ghost just answered everyone asking for a SD version. If i wasn't clear before, i'll try to be clear now, i won't make a SD version of this.

And maybe i wasn't clear enough, STOP ASKING FOR IT. Next time, a mod will just lock this. This is getting pretty annoying.

Maybe i should just work on Honeycomb and fix stuff without releasing it, lock the thread, and when it's 100% post it in here. Maybe people will learn to be patient.

Note to self: i have to stop refreshing this thread.

I think your probably right there mate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks artn3r for the video

----------------------------------------------

Well, I have worked on Honeycomb port for some weeks, and I was not going to publish it.
    But I thought someone would like to see how Honeycomb can perform on our device, and maybe someone could help in development. :)

Big thanks goes to people working on Desire and Nexus HC ports, i used some tricks in this build too.

Everyone who can help in development are welcomed.

Please note - honeycomb for our device(s) is far from stable and usable now, it can be used for exploring what Honeycomb actually looks like and how can it be used on our device.

What's working now
    It boots ^^
    Touchscreen
    LED and screen-off
    Hardware buttons properly mapped
    Graphics hardware acceleration
    Mobile data
    Accelerometer
    Browser
    SD mounting

What isn't
    Everything else
    Phone functions
    Wi-fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio

Screenshots

lockbr.png

91468882.png

Some more attached.

Kernel : Tyung's Kernel from Source http://gitorious.org/~tytung/linux-on-wince-htc/tytungs-hastarins-linux_on_wince_htc

Download

v2 CWR ZIP - http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1
    thanks crawling a lot for working on this

v1 CWR ZIP - removed

Have fun, haha ^^
    http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1

i'll tell imilka to update OP tomorrow. again, please, dont post things like "thanks", use the button.

what about stop the "great, thanks , aweomse, sh*t i just jiz in my pants" posts, hit the freaking THANKS button, and leave this thread alone for those who wanna help making this work?

I had to go through zilions of useless posts saying thanks to read what imilka was saying about egl stuff.

and for those who dont like this post, just fyi, i will be working with imilka to get this further, so, dont even comment on this.

TL;DR: hit the thanks button, leave the thread alone. jeez
    Finally, I don't feel that a dev should be so frustrated by polite requests. It's honestly something that should be expected when you make a groundbreaking release, especially on XDA. If the dev does not want to make an SD build, that is certainly understandable. If that is the case, perhaps he could provide some information so that somebody else can.

That is all. You can have a mod remove my post if you'd like.

you're not the one working on this. and for this quote part, you don't work on any rom at all. this could and should be the place where current chefs working on this (me and imilka) shared our information. And others could jump in with USEFUL information to improve honeycomb on hd2. but no, 90% of the posts are requests and questions. This is why xda is not the place for dev stuff, it's the place for being famous and nothing else. The dev stuff happens on irc or other places.
    Thats why, I'll keep working on this ignoring useless requests and people posting "thanks". I appreciate every "thanks" post, i really do, but there's a button for it.

one last thing, this is not a groundbreaking release, this shouldn't even be consider a release. This is a WIP (work in progress).