Swipeselection alternative for android?? GERMAN Keyboard!!!

Search This thread

TheKingOfQueens

May 11, 2014
Hey,
does someone knows an alternative to swipeselection for android and with german keyboard layout???
also for thisr how dont know, swipeselection is a cydia tweak for ios devives, it allows to move the cursor over swiping with one finger over the keyboard, if u swipe right the cursor goes right if left tgen left.
this tweak is good when you misstype and u dont want to tip the position where u want the cursor should be!!
ive loaded swipeselection from playsrore but i dont like it, and ive tried the app "tyype" but its also rubbish and in english, last but not least ive tried flat keyboard and its the best, but sadly it has no german layout :(
do you know any other swipe selection keyboards??

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Swype

SwiftKey

Fleksy

TouchPal

Stock AOSP keyboard

All of those have swipe functionality and support German. I don't use German though, so can't say how well they work. My personal preference in English anyway is SwiftKey.

MultiKoopa

Feb 22, 2011
Just found out about this awesome iOS Cydia tweak. This sounds amazing. Is there really no Android equivalent of this?

regist

Mar 24, 2010
I found some:
  • SwipeSelection Keyboard
    This one looked interesting at first, but then I discovered that its layout was poor for quick typing.
  • tyype
    This one a little bit different, it has a bottom bar for swiping but to select text rather than moving the cursor. The bar can be used to prevent accidentally pressing the capacitive button for some devices, not so useful for me.
  • Quick Keyboard Việt also supports swipe selection, it's good
  • The popular "Multiling Keyboard" handles this a bit differently, it employs an anternative way which use vol buttons for moving back and forth. The plus is supporting all languages.

Last edited:

rbassett39

Dec 31, 2014
I made an account just so I could post this info for anybody interested. On my Galaxy S5, you can go into the settings for the default Samsung keyboard, and change the swipe settings from "Swiftkey Flow" (swype-style swiping) to "Cursor Control" which allows you to swipe across the keyboard to control the cursor like in the swipe selection tweak. As far as I can tell, the only functionality is to move the cursor, you can't select text like in the iOS tweak. It's not as smooth, but it at least allows you to still maintain all the functionality of the default keyboard while adding an ability to move the cursor.

This feature may only be available on the Galaxy S5, I'm not sure if it's available on the SwiftKey keyboard (which the samsung keyboard is based on).

lilzad

Sep 26, 2010
I found some:
    This one looked interesting at first, but then I discovered that its layout was poor for quick typing.
  • tyype
    This one a little bit different, it has a bottom bar for swiping but to select text rather than moving the cursor. The bar can be used to prevent accidentally pressing the capacitive button for some devices, not so useful for me.
  • The popular "Multiling Keyboard" handles this a bit differently, it employs an anternative way which use vol buttons for moving back and forth. The plus is supporting all languages.
hi just wondering with Quick Keyboard Việt how did u move the cursor for me it goes from the first word to the last word i cant move it through individual characters

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

hi just wondering with Quick Keyboard Việt how did u move the cursor for me it goes from the first word to the last word i cant move it through individual characters

Edited: dont worry it works now thank you i have been looking for this for a while now :)

8thos

Jun 28, 2012
Pensacola
www.drethesage.com
I made an account just so I could post this info for anybody interested. On my Galaxy S5, you can go into the settings for the default Samsung keyboard, and change the swipe settings from "Swiftkey Flow" (swype-style swiping) to "Cursor Control" which allows you to swipe across the keyboard to control the cursor like in the swipe selection tweak. As far as I can tell, the only functionality is to move the cursor, you can't select text like in the iOS tweak. It's not as smooth, but it at least allows you to still maintain all the functionality of the default keyboard while adding an ability to move the cursor.

This feature may only be available on the Galaxy S5, I'm not sure if it's available on the SwiftKey keyboard (which the samsung keyboard is based on).

works on my galaxy note 4 thanks.

the ios version is still better tho.

modxarsenij

Apr 3, 2016
chuvash republic
Quick Keyboard Việt ---- eng locale only(
and its not as good in cursor moving as SwipeSelection Keyboard. Fork of AnySoftKeyboard by Menny Even Danan under the Apache license. It is based on AnySoftKeyboard v111 but has been modified to support Daniel Hooper's 'SwipeSelection' concept from iOS.
SwipeSelection Keyboard 20130919
2016-01-16 First release.
but also only eng locale(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I found some:
    • tyype