[Q] XT912M bootloop, failed flashing stock ROM

Search This thread

philiop2001

May 26, 2014
So, I started out by missing my alarms one morning because my razrmaxx was stuck in a bootloop... i've since gone back to an old Droid X to hold me over until i can figure out what's going on here.

Furthest i could get for the longest time was factory reset and wipe cache, but same result, phone would not boot past the droid 'eye' video (which played continuously until the battery died, i charged it back up and have been able to turn it off by performing a hard reset while connected to a PC)

in the last few days, i've tried flashing an official stock ROM for jellybean, but that failed, and bricked the phone. i got back to having a working recovery by using Droid RAZR Utility 1.82, which set me on 'stock 6.16.211'. immediately following that, i get the red moto logo, followed by the standing android with the dodecahedron spinning inside him (update screen) the progress bar below him hits max, disappears, then the screen goes black. phone restarts, red moto logo, then black... i'm pretty sure the phone is still on, because i get the 'connect/disconnect' tone on my PC... from this point, i've got all the recovery options, but i'm back at square 1... any ideas?

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
So, I started out by missing my alarms one morning because my razrmaxx was stuck in a bootloop... i've since gone back to an old Droid X to hold me over until i can figure out what's going on here.

Furthest i could get for the longest time was factory reset and wipe cache, but same result, phone would not boot past the droid 'eye' video (which played continuously until the battery died, i charged it back up and have been able to turn it off by performing a hard reset while connected to a PC)

in the last few days, i've tried flashing an official stock ROM for jellybean, but that failed, and bricked the phone. i got back to having a working recovery by using Droid RAZR Utility 1.82, which set me on 'stock 6.16.211'. immediately following that, i get the red moto logo, followed by the standing android with the dodecahedron spinning inside him (update screen) the progress bar below him hits max, disappears, then the screen goes black. phone restarts, red moto logo, then black... i'm pretty sure the phone is still on, because i get the 'connect/disconnect' tone on my PC... from this point, i've got all the recovery options, but i'm back at square 1... any ideas?
You should try the JB Droid Razr Utility and flash JB 4.1.2.I'm not certain with the utility verison but the system version you mentioned seems pretty old. I assume you were running the official 4.1.2, in that case any older build won't work/boot.

Reactions: philiop2001

philiop2001

May 26, 2014
You should try the JB Droid Razr Utility and flash JB 4.1.2.I'm not certain with the utility verison but the system version you mentioned seems pretty old. I assume you were running the official 4.1.2, in that case any older build won't work/boot.

Thanks!! that actually worked flawlessly, and probably could have saved me a LOT of time if i had found that out a long time ago!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.