FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ ROM ] VeNuM ICE Rom [TW ICS 4.0.4/FF18] [TeAm VeNuM][updated 07-09-2012]

3,551 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,060

By VECTUS, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 9th March 2012, 09:07 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
26th April 2012, 03:10 AM |#891  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 22,348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdss

Did you see what i'am talking about though ?
are you having the same issue ?

Not on this, but you told me about it in the themes. I always just scroll down in contacts, but I know what your talking about though.

26th April 2012, 03:11 AM |#892  
Flag Duluth MN
Thanks Meter: 444

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric68

Okay maybe this needs its own thread or maybe in a different forum but some of the best minds in the business are posting here regularly, so here goes .. what is the best way for me to utilize multiple ROMs without having to reinstall everything every single time. TB, Nandroid, something else?

Basically I want to get each of my favorite ROMs set up just the way I like them, apps, lockscreen, account setups, etc then freeze frame them with something that will allow me to come back to them without missing a beat (not talking about SMS history).

As of right now there are like 5 ROMs I'd like the ability to switch out according to my mood. (I'm a woman, I'm allowed to have many moods lol)

If this needs a post of its own or needs to be placed in another thread please just let me know. As always, thanks in advance for any help!

Nandroid would be your best bet. I do that and then store them on my computer in folder with their respective name so I know what I have exactly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to greatlakesghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greatlakesghost Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 03:14 AM |#893  
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounsy222

Nandroid would be your best bet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you now to bone up on Nandroiding!
26th April 2012, 03:20 AM |#894  
Flag Clermont,FL
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused

Not on this, but you told me about it in the themes. I always just scroll down in contacts, but I know what your talking about though.

Thanks for checking, i know it will be fixed in next update ...
26th April 2012, 03:30 AM |#895  
Flag near Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,863

More
Cool, refreshing, smooth, slick and quick.. No wonder the tag ICE is on this ROM. Outstanding Team Venum!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 03:52 AM |#896  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 22,348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdss

Thanks for checking, i know it will be fixed in next update ...

Yours doesn't spell it out underneath the search bar? I just double checked my twisted theme and it spells it out underneath the bar, then once you spell something thats not in your contact it says not found.
26th April 2012, 03:59 AM |#897  
Flag Clermont,FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused

Yours doesn't spell it out underneath the search bar? I just double checked my twisted theme and it spells it out underneath the bar, then once you spell something thats not in your contact it says not found.

it does bring up the name when you type, it just does not show what you type, not a big deal though, it was just an observation ...
26th April 2012, 04:03 AM |#898  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,925

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you now to bone up on Nandroiding!

Basically in recovery just go to backup and restore then select backup and let it do its thing. Then when you want to restore it later on just flash format all zip then go to restore and you will see it there. Just remember to use caution with ICS recovery. I never wipe individual partitions

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnCorleone Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 04:13 AM |#899  
Flag Clermont,FL

More
One more observation before i forget, the camera sounds are still in there ...
26th April 2012, 04:35 AM |#900  
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

Basically in recovery just go to backup and restore then select backup and let it do its thing. Then when you want to restore it later on just flash format all zip then go to restore and you will see it there. Just remember to use caution with ICS recovery. I never wipe individual partitions

Okay that was like *how to do a back up for dummies* simple, to the point and man do I appreciate it!

I'll be honest I tried to read the Nandroid write up here on XDA and it kind of overwhelmed me but I'll keep at it because I realize it's an important tool.
26th April 2012, 05:07 AM |#901  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,925

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay that was like *how to do a back up for dummies* simple, to the point and man do I appreciate it!

I'll be honest I tried to read the Nandroid write up here on XDA and it kind of overwhelmed me but I'll keep at it because I realize it's an important tool.

Yeah when you have a setup you feel is about perfect then it's good to have a nandroid made as a fallback option. I can't wait until the recovery issue is worked out so I can just say wipe and restore. Just remember the rules with the ICS recovery

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnCorleone Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fe22, ice, ics, venum
Previous Thread Next Thread