New Phone Concept - need your thoughts.

Search This thread

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Okay there's nothing much to see here but I wanted to share some ideas and wonder what you guys would think about it. Okay here it goes. I've noticed that from reviews that a lot of people have been expecting smartphones to be released with premium quality designs and now this trend with brushed aluminium housing which usually ends up getting into some casing to conceal all that beauty. I also understand that there's a huge demand from consumers with regards to phone covers and I see that OEM don't particularly pay a lot of attention to this demand. And the ones who do offer OEM cases have very limited and very generic looking designs.
So heres the idea: why don't manufacturers offer smartphones that are very minimalistic( like a Nexus 5), generic (boxy) and even slimmer in design and focus more on marketing a bigger variety of housing/cases that would perfectly fit the phone like a glove. Given that the phone would be extremely slim, this would not add much bulk to the phone after fitting the case. In fact it would still be comparable to the thickness of most smartphones in the market.

So heres the scenario: you walk into a store and choose to purchase this type of smartphone, then you get offered a choice to select from the wide selection of outer shell to protect the delicate core and personalize it according to your requirement.

The manufacturer can then focus on offering more varieties of shells with each coming months to liven up and keep their product line active instead of trying to release different versions of the same phone a few months after release.

If this concept is new then I hope some OEM is reading this and decides to take up the idea. I would definitely get one.
What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk