Cmd>lnb filename 76508000
:F=filename
:A=76508000
:O=00000000
:L=FFFFFFFF

start NB image download

Fail to synchronize with the host (1)

Cmd>

I had the same issue with MTTY 1.42 but with 1.16 it worked.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read cmonex post completely.

Last edited:

Coollaminator

Oct 15, 2007
Hamburg area
Sorry, but I have followed the instructions step by step but I'm always end up with the same like almost every body else before here

I downloded the newest mtty 0513 version and run the program also under Vista in XP SP2 compatibility mode, no changes.

Always the same: Fail to synchronize with the host (1)

I dont now anymore what to do...

paulheili

Jun 2, 2007
Sorry, but I have followed the instructions step by step but I'm always end up with the same like almost every body else before here

I downloded the newest mtty 0513 version and run the program also under Vista in XP SP2 compatibility mode, no changes.

Are You typing : lnb filename 76508000 or lnb filename.bin 76508000

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest

my instructions deal with that too, but here they are again:
1) press OK when mtty pops up that small popup, instead of exiting it.
2) make sure the bin is in the same folder as mtty, and that you did not mistype the name of the bin
3) do not copypaste the command, type it in manually

maybe try copying mtty into C:\ root, along with the bin file

and who is "almost everyone"?

p.s.: you don't need XP compatibility mode, this mtty was designed for vista too

Last edited:

Coollaminator

Oct 15, 2007
Hamburg area
A difficult task but finaly copy the data file with the mtty in the root directory was the answer (solution).

It was somthing like: find a needle in a haystack

@ cmonex - Thank's

warone

Apr 6, 2008
Cmonex/Raskell I've been working this for a few hours now. I've tried many combinations and always get this result in mtty after following the instructions and variations of... trying to get my WiFi to work with 4.0

Cmd>task 32
task 32
Level = 0

Cmd>inb mac 76508000
inb mac 76508000
Command error !!!

looking for help please.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Cmonex/Raskell I've been working this for a few hours now. I've tried many combinations and always get this result in mtty after following the instructions and variations of... trying to get my WiFi to work with 4.0

Cmd>task 32
task 32
Level = 0

Cmd>inb mac 76508000
inb mac 76508000
Command error !!!

looking for help please.

that's because you need to type lnb, not inb

lowercase L, not I

and are you sure the filename is simply mac?

p.s. I added this info to description

warone

Apr 6, 2008
I figured it was something stupid I was doing. Let me try it. Geez. (Slap me upside the head!)

warone

Apr 6, 2008
Okay, got wifi working... somewhat

Cmd>task 32
task 32
Level = 0

Cmd>lnb mac.bin 76508000
lnb mac.bin 76508000
:F=mac.bin
etc...

Done

Code entry point unknown

Cmd>

So now my WiFi on my 7501 and my WiFi router shows up as available but I can't figure out how to connect. I get all through the setup and after about 20 seconds of attempting to connect, it stops and shows up as unavailable. After about a minute my WiFi router goes back to the top of the list and available. Over and over again. I've been changing the router password, connect protocols.. Etc. I've attempted many different setups. During my flash to 4.0 I also flashed in Radio 1.5.7 I think I'll flash back the radio back to _1.45.00.00. I'll report back tomorrow.:eek:

Last edited:

pdajoy

Aug 9, 2006
Cmd>task 32
task 32
Level = 0

Cmd>lnb mac.bin 76508000
lnb mac.bin 76508000
:F=mac.bin
etc...

Done

Code entry point unknown

Cmd>

So now my WiFi on my 7501 and my WiFi router shows up as available but I can't figure out how to connect. I get all through the setup and after about 20 seconds of attempting to connect, it stops and shows up as unavailable. After about a minute my WiFi router goes back to the top of the list and available. Over and over again. I've been changing the router password, connect protocols.. Etc. I've attempted many different setups. During my flash to 4.0 I also flashed in Radio 1.5.7 I think I'll flash back the radio back to _1.45.00.00. I'll report back tomorrow.:eek:

Maybe you may wish to re-confirm working status for 1.57 with another router within range before changing to 1.50.

I had discovered router might caused unstable login too from AP3 before. After i changed another than I started to have good signal even now with AP4.

warone

Apr 6, 2008
Finally

Okay, here's another contribution to my ongoing trials and tribulations with 4.0 and WiFi.

I flashed back to radio 1.5. Didn't work. Flashed back to Radio 1.5.7. Didn't work.(Wifi shows up and will turn on but wouldn't hold a connection).

So I read the entire wifi problem thread again and redid the Cmonex "Create your own Bin file and insert MAC address" and inserted the original Mac address that I found stored in my router setup. I am guessing that the made up MAC address didn't work and the orginal HTC Advantage MAC address made it good to go.

WiFi working. Thanks for your help guys.

3 $10 contributions coming up.

$10 to Cmonex
$10 to Athena Project
$10 to Olipro

Paypal contributions complete.

Last edited:

ubik

Oct 18, 2005
I seem to be having some sort of ASCII code problem, as when i follow the instructions i get:

------------------------------
Cmd> task 32
task 32
Level = 0

Cmd>lnb mac.bin 76508000
lnb mac.bin 76508000 vvv~tF

Invalid Length Value!

Cmd>
------------------------------

i'm typing the right thing in the window (and mtty and mac.bin are both in c:) but it seems to pickup some extra characters on the way :-(

any idea how to fix this? thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should edit your post immediately and DO NOT POST your MAC addresses here. Only send this information using the PM (private messages). Click on my name and select the option to send a private message. This is the only way please.

sorry, i already pm. thank!
    here's an experimental program I made to make the process more automatic so users can fix their own wifi without our help.

this is good for both corrupt modelid and corrupt wifi, and fixes both at the same time.

STEP BY STEP:

1. download attachment at the end of the post for mac1.exe (requires .net 2.0 installed on the PC)
    2. you will also need to download the other attachment in this post for the mtty program.
    3. enter bootloader (tricolour screen) manually by pressing and holding camera button all the way in (yes I mean that, press it in as hard as you can!!), while doing a reset, then keep the camera button held until you see the tricolour screen.
    4. disable USB in activesync (wmdc if you have vista - in this case, do not kill wmdc, just disable usb in it!!!)
    5. run mtty and select USB option from the dropdown box!
    6. then press enter in main window that comes up, see if that gives you Cmd>
    7. now you should have Cmd>, if not, re-check if you did the above steps right until you get Cmd>
    8. now run the mac1.exe, type in your MAC address you want to use for the Athena, if you have SPL 3.xx reported on the tricolour screen, then use the button for SPL 3.xx, otherwise if you have SPL 1.xx reported, use button for 1.xx.
    9. this should have generated a .bin file for you, copy that bin file in the folder of mtty.
    10. now, in mtty, type (do not copypaste!) this command: task 32
    11. this should return Level = 0
    12. now, you must only do one of the two following commands:
    - if you have SPL 3.xx, then type (do not copypaste!!) this command: lnb filename.bin 76508000
    (there filename is the name of the .bin file you generated - don't forget to put .bin after filename, as the full name is needed).
    - OR, if you have SPL 1.xx, then the command is different (do not copypaste!!): lnbs filename.bin 75108000
    (there filename is the name of the .bin file you generated - don't forget to put .bin after filename, as the full name is needed).

NOTE, the command starts with a lowercase "L", not "I"!

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT MIX UP THESE TWO DIFFERENT COMMANDS!!!
    if this info helps: most people will have SPL 3.xx, and if you have AP4 (not vanilla) already running then you're definitely 3.xx

13. mtty will popup a window asking "OK", you press OK!
    if you get "Fail to synchronize with the host (1)", then make sure you did follow step by step. if still same error, try placing mtty and the bin file under C:\.
    14. now the file downloads, if mtty reports it flashed the file, and at the end "code entrypoint unknown", then that's it, now boot back to WM and see if wifi works.

edit: see raskell's mtty tutorial too, #36. post in this thread

if you *really* can't manage to get it working, you can still feel free to PM me.

let me know if this program and step by step description helped any.