[ROM] I9000T I9000TDOJP2 Froyo Kies

Search This thread

Tordne1

Nov 14, 2010
New Zealand
I'm really pelase with the 2.2 upgrade. So many things resolved that were a problem in the 2.1 ROM. The only thing I really still find annoying is the amount of time the Media Scanner takes to run (probably ~21GB of music on SD Card) every time you disconnect USB!

b3n_

Sep 30, 2010
Brisbane
I'm really pelase with the 2.2 upgrade.

Same here, did the upgrade last night on my Telstra I9000T and its such a big difference. Had terrible lag on 2.1 this is much better now! Really enjoying it so far and don't mind the Telecom NZ boot splash, looks better than the Telstra one anyways :)

Thanks all for the instructions in this thread.

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Firstly, the password for the Froyo I9000T I9000TDOJP2.ZIP file certainly isn't: restrepogoez - as if it were, the files would extract. Guess what? They don't! Using WinZip:

Extracting to "d:\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
skipping: i9000T FROYO en espa±ol\JP2_JP2_JP1.tar unsupported compression method 99
error: no files were found - nothing to do

Aside from that, the steps given earlier worked in flashing to the NZ Telecom branded firmware on the phone. But jsut to add even more sheer frustration for Andriod users (well done guys), I have no connection with my Telstra network. Even when searching for available networks, the ones i can choose from are: 3TELSTRA or Telstra Mobile. When either one is selected, nothing happens, my phone will only connect to the internet if i connect to my home Wifi network.

Wow, helpful.

Again - good job guys on posting download links and half-assed tutorials. If you're going to write one, please do so "IN FULL"

On a side note - My phone is Telstra branded i9000T JH3 (Australia) firmware which i had rooted and got rid of branded programs/system apps, I have been forced to do a factory reset on the phone due to the ANDRIOD MARKET refusing to download with me re-downloading G-TALK and being logged in for downloads to progress - 2 distant and unrelated programs that, for whatever f*ked up reason, require an active connection between to download programs. With how difficult Andriod makers like making their OS and market apps on various manufacturers phones; especially over a problem like this i should NEVER have to experience - its really like dangling an iphone on front of my face; I'm more for simplification than for having specific programs installed JUST to be able to get downloads from andriod market.

So i BEG someone to write a FULL noob-proof easy-to-understand guide on fixing the network issue, 2g, 3g and HSDPA via 850mhz band are ALL GONE, i can't register or connect on any network...yet none of this is covered ANYWHERE in this read.

RoOSTA

Last edited:

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
You're so gonna get trolled for that.

My guess is you don't have correct APN settings. Did you back them up? If not, call Telstra and they can get them to you or search google for them.

juan.gomez.cruz

Nov 12, 2010
Question before flashing this ROM...

I am a noob at this so sorry for all the noobness. I have a phone which is locked to the Claro PR provider. I already tried almost every guide there is to unlock but I am not successful (a screen comes up saying network locked and a dismiss button and when i try to do it via entering the special codes through the phone app it brings up a dialog box stating "not registered to network."). My questions are...
1) do I need my phone to be unlocked to avoid any problems with this ROM?
2) Is there any chance of being successful in unlocking the phone using this ROM?

MrRulas!

Feb 5, 2009
Mexico City
Come on Fer!
Dont be a ***** and upgrade to froyo just to show my wife it's better and safe.

I debranded my wife's 9000T a couple of weeks ago and partially bricked the phone, but it came back to life after 30 mins of tweaking.

As a result I am not allowed to flash it again until I prove her its safe.

Go for it and post your results.

Un Abrazo!!!

You're so gonna get trolled for that.

My guess is you don't have correct APN settings. Did you back them up? If not, call Telstra and they can get them to you or search google for them.

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
I might, but I just don't have time to fiddle with a bricked phone and I'm pretty sure Telcel would refuse to fix it if I did. Or even if they didn't refuse, I doubt they know anything about it enough to fix it at one of their customer service centers.

So....we'll just keep waiting :)

Weymaster

Nov 29, 2010
I might, but I just don't have time to fiddle with a bricked phone and I'm pretty sure Telcel would refuse to fix it if I did. Or even if they didn't refuse, I doubt they know anything about it enough to fix it at one of their customer service centers.

So....we'll just keep waiting :)

Fer, I'm in Mexico too and I also own this model. I'm thinking about doing this proceadure although I don't know much about phones...

Is there any way to back up an image of the phone as it is now? In case something goes wrong at some point in the future, I would need to have the original firmware restored in order to put forward a warranty claim.

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
No, there is no way of backing up the entire firmware. You can backup the files, but that doesnt "extract" a flashable fw. This is why nobody has tried it yet, because if something goes wrong there's no original firmware to flash back in.

Fer, I'm in Mexico too and I also own this model. I'm thinking about doing this proceadure although I don't know much about phones...

Is there any way to back up an image of the phone as it is now? In case something goes wrong at some point in the future, I would need to have the original firmware restored in order to put forward a warranty claim.

Weymaster

Nov 29, 2010
No, there is no way of backing up the entire firmware. You can backup the files, but that doesnt "extract" a flashable fw. This is why nobody has tried it yet, because if something goes wrong there's no original firmware to flash back in.

After a little research I found this resource: http androidcommunity.com/forums/f28/how-do-i-use-nandroid-15999/

It seems it is entirely possible to back up the FW. Do you know of any problems with this method?

EDIT: So I got around to actually root my phone and install ROM Manager on my phone. I did the clockwork mod and it seems to be working fine.

I will do the backup and if everything goes well, I might be going after this firmware tomorrow or during the weekend. I shall be the first mexican to Flash Froyo on I9000T :p

EDIT2: I was able to make a backup of my current ROM with the Clockwork recovery. No issues at all. If I have time today, I will proceed with the rest of the flashing process.

Last edited:

Weymaster

Nov 29, 2010
So I tried doing the process with kies and I guess they pulled the FW out because I can only see the Eclair FW for New Zealand. I might try the process with Odin.

UPDATE: I finally did it using the process described at: http://www.grupoandroid.com/modding...dojp2-unico-firm-froyo-que-funciona-100%.html

It seems to work fine. Phone, GPS and 3G data works well. I haven't gone further yet.

It does seem to be faster...

Last edited:

daniel_v83

Nov 19, 2010
That sounds great, your phone, it is from telcel Mexico?

So I tried doing the process with kies and I guess they pulled the FW out because I can only see the Eclair FW for New Zealand. I might try the process with Odin.

UPDATE: I finally did it using the process described at: http://www.grupoandroid.com/modding...dojp2-unico-firm-froyo-que-funciona-100%.html

It seems to work fine. Phone, GPS and 3G data works well. I haven't gone further yet.

daniel_v83

Nov 19, 2010
Thaks, I'll try it too. any problems so far?

I see that Kies (with the Patch) tells me that i can upgrade to...

Model Name: GT-I9000T
Current Version: PDA:JJ1 / PHONE:JI1 / CSC:JI1
Latest Version : PDA:JL1 / PHONE:JL1 / CSC:JL1

And i have the "Upgrade button" available, It is that what you got? or you couldn't upgrade via Kies?

And please, could you upload the Telcel firmware backup?? you could upload it in this web: ge.tt (very esasy and fast).

We should writte in spanish, shouldn't we? =p

Saludos...

Weymaster

Nov 29, 2010

And i have the "Upgrade button" available, It is that what you got? or you couldn't upgrade via Kies?

And please, could you upload the Telcel firmware backup?? you could upload it in this web: ge.tt (very esasy and fast).

Saludos...

Daniel, don't upgrade via kies, that is NZ eclair FW. It will install the samestuff you got right now. Do the odin method described in the link.

I don't feel comfortable sharing the image I got, out contains all my personal info. I'd recommend to make your own with ROM manager.

We should stick to english, most of the readers don't speak spanish and this info might be useful to someone else.

Fer, no issues so far. Voice recognition oas not as good as I hoped...

Reactions: daniel_v83

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
I really don't care much for the voice stuff. But Im particularly interested in speed improvements and *maybe* battery life improvements. But I guess I'll just have to give it a go.

I might try it tonight or tomorrow and report my own findings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's pretty simple. The firmware is from New Zealand. Use the procedure mentioned above by Weymaster, which is basically:
    http://www.grupoandroid.com/modding...dojp2-unico-firm-froyo-que-funciona-100%.html

This will put you in 2.2 land. It's straightforward and everything works perfectly. You can use this as a safeguard (I already screwed things up with other roms i tried flashing and this NZ ROM saved me more than once).

After that, if you want to get to 2.2.1, use the instructions here:
    http://www.grupoandroid.com/modding...0t-bateria-mod-lockscreen-original-froyo.html

If for any reason it doesn't work (in my case it just hung on flashing Sbl.bin and failed every single time), instead of using the file referenced by Cris there, use this one:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9697902&postcount=687

Make sure you follow instructions carefully, use Odin 1.7 (download link in Cris's post in grupoandroid forums), you should be fine.

What not to do: Don't install Cris's battery mod. For some reason it won't work with the FW I flashed, and it just forces you to re-flash JP2.

For even MORE simplicity's sake, follow these steps:

1. Install Titanium Backup, make a backup of all user apps + data
    2. Flash JP2 (2.2 Froyo)
    3. Root JP2
    3.1 in case you can't access 3G network, it's just because the APN settings aren't configured. Just go into settings->Wireless and Network->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names-> Add and use info from here: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings
    4. Install Titanium Backup
    5. Restore your apps and data. This is a lengthy and time-consuming process but it will restore everything with your data. Be careful to only restore apps you installed previously, and be careful not to restore any "original" apps (p.e. Gmail.apk)
    6. Go ahead and flash JPU (2.2.1)
    7. Root JPU
    8. Enjoy
    For the people seeking Telcel's original 2.1 Rom for Galaxy S:

http://www.taringa.net/posts/celulares/8998639/Ron-Samsung-Galaxy-S-_I9000T_-Telcel-Mexico.html

I found it on the net. Haven't tested yet.

If you try post your results.

Thanks.

Saludos...

Daniel, don't upgrade via kies, that is NZ eclair FW. It will install the samestuff you got right now. Do the odin method described in the link.

I don't feel comfortable sharing the image I got, out contains all my personal info. I'd recommend to make your own with ROM manager.

We should stick to english, most of the readers don't speak spanish and this info might be useful to someone else.

Fer, no issues so far. Voice recognition oas not as good as I hoped...
    It's in this thread.

no a version of jpx with everything separated is not in this thread.. nor anywhere that i can find.. thanks anyway.