HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Update

Search This thread

8igdave

May 1, 2009
Once someone confirms that GingerBreak is working with the OTA you should be fine. Will root and then you can backup.

There is an OLD Orange UK RUU here:
http://zantekk.de/~desire_hd/official_roms/

There is a more recent RUU out there somewhere, if I find it I will post back.

Cheers man! Thanks for the help. I'm pretty new to it all so trying to work it all out. I find these forums can be quite unhelpful to people that don't know a lot of the basics.

voyo

Apr 27, 2009
updated to 2.3 but have one problem now :(
Picasa plugin from HTC did force close every time i started it. after uninstalling and installing again it's working but it's asking for account even i have an gmail account already installed and picasa sync.

chiel54

Oct 15, 2008
Would it work if you send me the file and i use my own licence?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

punk19

Apr 12, 2011
Using the unlocked and vodafone UK branded DHD here in India...
installed gingerbread about 12 hours earlier... Didn't back up or anything and it worked great...

the phone now feels smoother to use....
the battery life seems to have increased.. with mediocre usage and a full charge about 10 hours ago the battery is still charged at 80%...

faced issue with picasa force closing... re-installation and resyncing worked fine though...

kudoboi

Aug 23, 2010
Singapore
that's it i'm done with this silly wait!!! everyone seems to have it apart from the people with unbranded phones. does anyone know where i could download the update in an .exe format? thanks

typical, their live customer service bit is offline. what a bunch of ******

just get winrar
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

D

Dougan636

Hey guys, ive never been able to do a FOTA, but atm im on 1.72 unbranded, so im excited when this finally (hopefully) lets me do it, im assuming the update is for the android version and not the build number, if so
it would explain alot due to the phone being on 2.2.1 since ive brought it

its friday here in perth, so ill raise my glass tonight and hopefully we will get this update soon!

Alistair25

Feb 2, 2011
Auckland
that's it i'm done with this silly wait!!! everyone seems to have it apart from the people with unbranded phones. does anyone know where i could download the update in an .exe format? thanks

typical, their live customer service bit is offline. what a bunch of ******

Out of warranty/not worried about voiding it? Install one of the many roms and get optimized 2.3 Gingerbread without the wait!

Used to frustrate me to no end that I couldn't get updates on my old N97 when everyone else was. If only I'd know about roms back then!

dirk123456

Feb 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the OTA update and can't figure out what the problem is.

I have a custom rom. I download the 2.3 update, installing, all good, until he reboots. Triangle with explanation mark and little Android figure.

I thought maybe this was causing because I have a custom rom, so I restored my backup which I had made with Rom Manager when I installed the custom rom. I unroot my phone too, thought maybe that would help. Installed update again and same problem.

Anyone know why I can't update to 2.3 with my stock rom? Is it maybe because the Radio-off? Does it not turn to it's default value when I restore the backup?

Thanks in advance!
Bump.

Still didn't find a solution. Any ideas?

-Silverarrows-

Dec 25, 2010
Would anyone have an idea on how to gain root access after this update?

Gingerbreak doesn't work, probably because I'm S-ON, but I don't really know how to proceed and which tools to use to root my device now that I'm on 2.3.3

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Jay300zx

Feb 22, 2007
Sheffield
Well, mine is now updated, downloaded the RUU_ACE_GINGERBREAD_S_HTC_WWE_2.36.405.8_R_Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_187331_signed.exe file from a mirror and ran it from my PC. (Make sure phone is plugged into pc and is on charge - not sync or disk drive)
It says it wipes your phone, it does, however it doesnt wipe your SD card as I still have all photos and music.

Now running 2.3.3 - Unrooted with a Radio of 2.36.405.8

Very happy

Mr_JMM

Aug 9, 2008
Camulodunum UK / Midwest U.S.
Would anyone have an idea on how to gain root access after this update?

Gingerbreak doesn't work, probably because I'm S-ON, but I don't really know how to proceed and which tools to use to root my device now that I'm on 2.3.3

Thanks in advance for any help :)

IF, big IF it can be done you would have to see if downgrading using a gold card works.
Again, IF it is possible.
Question begs to be asked, since there was already a rooted version of the GB RUU why did you go with the OTA and risk not being able to root?

Sent using witchcraft via XDA Developers Premium App.

Reactions: -Silverarrows-

-Silverarrows-

Dec 25, 2010
IF, big IF it can be done you would have to see if downgrading using a gold card works.
Again, IF it is possible.
Question begs to be asked, since there was already a rooted version of the GB RUU why did you go with the OTA and risk not being able to root?

Well I'd say I'm not quite familiar with flashing Roms and everything .. I was using Visionary for the root access, and I'd say that is all I needed.

I'd really like to try different things even custom roms, but I'm a little bit lost between all the different steps when you flash (Clockworkmod, Hboot S-off, etc ..) that's why I was asking if someone knew a simple way to get root on this official Rom :)

mateash2002

Jul 3, 2009
Well, mine is now updated, downloaded the RUU_ACE_GINGERBREAD_S_HTC_WWE_2.36.405.8_R_Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_187331_signed.exe file from a mirror and ran it from my PC. (Make sure phone is plugged into pc and is on charge - not sync or disk drive)
It says it wipes your phone, it does, however it doesnt wipe your SD card as I still have all photos and music.

Now running 2.3.3 - Unrooted with a Radio of 2.36.405.8

Very happy
did the same thing and Google restored most of the things that i had before, including all apps and even the wallpaper. a few things bother me tho:
- when i use advanced task killer it says i have 217 ram free, whereas before i had about 340
- i use the music lover skin but now it doesn't include the browser and some other things
- i seem to get a lot of error messages and sense force closes quite often

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
Have a Vodafone branded unlocked phone here in Pakistan.

Received the OTA update yesterday. Everything works fine except for the messaging app which force closes everytime I open it. Tried wiping and reinstalling all apps, tried deleting all messages, still no luck. Handcent works fine though. Anyone else having this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When???

Have you already talked about it with HTC?

Ok you need to breathe buddy, it's just been announced it will most probably take a month before it will be available on HTC as they need to incorporate Sense to it.
    This forum had been dead due to all Europe side already receive their GB rom..It will continue dead until Asian region side receive it which don't know when?????
    Many thanks, but can you please let us know exact Baseband version, Kernel version and Build number? Thanks..

Unbranded. UK. Vodafone.

Baseband version:

12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2

Kernel version:

2.6.35.10-g0956377
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Tue Mar 29 06:10:15 CST 2011

Build number:

2.36.405.8 CL47853 release-keys

Hopefully that makes more sense to you than it does to me!
    The scrolling in all apps is not sluggish, but it is changed. Before you were scrolling all the applications and now the apps are divided in pages and you scroll one page at a time.
    Just a matter of habit. Some people complain about this because they are used to the old style. Give it some time. I don't have problem with it because all my apps are in folders on a home screen and did not use it much - so no old habit.
    Fingers crossed it will be out soon. I thought it would have been released by now. Has it been released on the nexus one yet? Im guessing it would be pushed out to that first as it does not require sense or any carrier customisation.