[Q] What rom?

Search This thread

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Today, out of extreme boredom, I flashed like five GB ROMs and switched between three differnet kernels, and it's now safe to say I'll never flash an AOSP GB ROM that isn't MIUI ever again.

Guess I'll stick with MIUI until ICS becomes just a bit more stable than it is now.

ShadowCodeGaming

Sep 17, 2011
Netherlands
HTC Desire
HTC Desire X
Today, out of extreme boredom, I flashed like five GB ROMs and switched between three differnet kernels, and it's now safe to say I'll never flash an AOSP GB ROM that isn't MIUI ever again.

Guess I'll stick with MIUI until ICS becomes just a bit more stable than it is now.

In what way is miui better than cm7? In what way is a purple peugeot better than a volvo?

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
In what way is miui better than cm7? In what way is a purple peugeot better than a volvo?

I don't compare ROMs with cars.

I like MIUI more because it generally feels more stable. The main reason I like it better is because it's so damn visually appealing. It's beautiful and sexy. If you replace the home screen with another one, it's even better.

I like a ROM that's not only stable and fast, but also appealing to the eye. CM7, however, is not. That's not even its goal. CM7's goal is to bring stock android experience (with a few mods) to a phone, while MIUI empowers appeal. MIUI is also incredibly themable.

I can't in any way compare a ROM with a car. Also, a volvo and a renault has nothing in common. MIUI and CM7 share the same android base.

ShadowCodeGaming

Sep 17, 2011
Netherlands
HTC Desire
HTC Desire X
I don't compare ROMs with cars.

I like MIUI more because it generally feels more stable. The main reason I like it better is because it's so damn visually appealing. It's beautiful and sexy. If you replace the home screen with another one, it's even better.

I like a ROM that's not only stable and fast, but also appealing to the eye. CM7, however, is not. That's not even its goal. CM7's goal is to bring stock android experience (with a few mods) to a phone, while MIUI empowers appeal. MIUI is also incredibly themable.

I can't in any way compare a ROM with a car. Also, a volvo and a renault has nothing in common. MIUI and CM7 share the same android base.

A volvo and a renault have something in common. They both have wheels and are both f*cking dreadfull. In what way is miui good looking?! It is like having a baby puke over a picasso painting and then say he has massively improved it.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
A volvo and a renault have something in common. They both have wheels and are both f*cking dreadfull. In what way is miui good looking?! It is like having a baby puke over a picasso painting and then say he has massively improved it.

MIUI is very "elegant" looks. Beautiful apps, beautiful everything. To me, it looks nothing like iOS once you remove that damned launcher.

Can you honestly say, with your hand on your heart, that CM7 looks better than MIUI? If so, then you need to put your glasses on, mate. ;)

ShadowCodeGaming

Sep 17, 2011
Netherlands
HTC Desire
HTC Desire X
MIUI is very "elegant" looks. Beautiful apps, beautiful everything. To me, it looks nothing like iOS once you remove that damned launcher.

Can you honestly say, with your hand on your heart, that CM7 looks better than MIUI? If so, then you need to put your glasses on, mate. ;)

That is funny, i went to the opticien (the guy who sells glasses) and he said i did not need galsses, that my eyes were fine. And with my hand on my heart, cm7 looks better than baby puke. Just a little, but still better.

Y2Ne1

Feb 7, 2012
Philly , USA
www.youtube.com
Most Epic Rom for Me =)

i have 2 nexus one phone so i flash rom like every week just to test it out most stable n lag free rom for me now is Runny Rom - N1 Version which can be found on this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580873 i get 1.5GB of internal space ;) its great for daily use no major bugs that i found but THAT ONLY IF YOU FALLOW THE INSTRUCTION :cool: btw HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've practically tried all the ROMs on here, from MIUI to Sense and I've got a few things to say.
    • MIUI looks like iOS in many ways, but is VERY themable. There are themes for almost anything.
    • CM7 (mainly samuaz's build) is a very fast and stable ROM. It basically displays the stock android experience with a minimal UI. Highly themable.
    • Sense: HTC's firmware now ported to the Nexus One. Features a stunning and hefty UI that takes a lot of resources. I've tried all builds here, but mainly Runny AIO and I have to say that's the best build. I love Sense. It is not really recommended to run Sense if you have a class 2 SD card like I do, but I'll upgrade it for a class 6 one tomorrow.
    • Ice Cream Sandwich/Cyanogenmod 9. Very hyped, but with all rights to it. ICS and/or CM9 are totally awesome ROMs and well worth trying out, despite their flaws. Even with no real hardware acceleration, they're awesome. Use texasice's version if you want near-stock ICS experience with a pinch of evervolv tweaks and use samuaz's build if you want a Cyanogenmod 9 experience. Sometime this year, we'll get an official CM9 build from the Cyanogenmod team, but texasice and samuaz have done an amazing job with porting ICS to us.
    • Other AOSP builds. These builds also kind of displays the stock android experience, but with user added features and frameworks. Some are based partly on Cyanogenmod 7 while others are based on something else. Bugless Beast and OxygeN1mod are among the best in this category.

You're free to choose what ROM suits you best, but my vote goes to Runny AIO or any of the two ICS builds.

Cheers.
    Wallpaper:

Theme is default MIUI.

Dock Icons in Zip:
    I've practically tried all the ROMs on here, from MIUI to Sense and I've got a few things to say.
    • MIUI looks like iOS in many ways, but is VERY themable. There are themes for almost anything.
    • CM7 (mainly samuaz's build) is a very fast and stable ROM. It basically displays the stock android experience with a minimal UI. Highly themable.
    • Sense: HTC's firmware now ported to the Nexus One. Features a stunning and hefty UI that takes a lot of resources. I've tried all builds here, but mainly Runny AIO and I have to say that's the best build. I love Sense. It is not really recommended to run Sense if you have a class 2 SD card like I do, but I'll upgrade it for a class 6 one tomorrow.
    • Ice Cream Sandwich/Cyanogenmod 9. Very hyped, but with all rights to it. ICS and/or CM9 are totally awesome ROMs and well worth trying out, despite their flaws. Even with no real hardware acceleration, they're awesome. Use texasice's version if you want near-stock ICS experience with a pinch of evervolv tweaks and use samuaz's build if you want a Cyanogenmod 9 experience. Sometime this year, we'll get an official CM9 build from the Cyanogenmod team, but texasice and samuaz have done an amazing job with porting ICS to us.
    • Other AOSP builds. These builds also kind of displays the stock android experience, but with user added features and frameworks. Some are based partly on Cyanogenmod 7 while others are based on something else. Bugless Beast and OxygeN1mod are among the best in this category.

You're free to choose what ROM suits you best, but my vote goes to Runny AIO or any of the two ICS builds.

Cheers.

Im gonna stock with runny aio for a few days just to try the new sense. Bugless beast has a2sd?
    Ok. It's been awhile since I've visited the N1 forums and I've since given it to my gf.
    Still feels magical when I pick it up, though. I miss it. :(
    Anyways, the last thing I put on it was MIUI 1.4.1, which was an early GB release and one of the only with the split notification tray (pull down on right side gives toggles, left, notifications) and Tiamat v3.3.7 (one of the first with the Smartass governor) kernel.

It's very stable, and I don't necessarily need to change the ROM (open to suggestions, though).
    What I'd like is to hear about any advancements in battery life, whether it be kernel, ROM or both.
    She doesn't need bells or whistles...just a stable phone where everything works that's gentle on the juice.
    Too bad Enom's retired...his stuff was the best for what I need.
    I'd also like to avoid CM if possible (nothing against it, just seemed to never agree with this particular N1).

Thanks for any and all suggestions...I miss the Nexus 1 forums, but am excited to flash something on it again. :)

I remember Miui 1.4.1, I have been flashing the miui roms since the last Froyo version (1.3.4?) The current miui is 2.2.24 and the last few have been very stable with great battery life for me with the stock build and kernel. I go back and forth between Miui.us and the chinese Miui.com builds and both are great. The layout has changed a bit since the 1.4.1 build but if anything feels more intuitive and easier to find things.
    Depends what you like/use your phone for? I wanted ICS so I went with TexasICS, looks very nice but still has some bugs.