HTC one x computer wont recognize. Help

Search This thread

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
Hello, I am a noob to htc. I received an AT&T htc one x from someone who try to rooted it but didn't make a backup and the phhone seems to be wiped. The recovery is cwm. I can get to the recovery but the phone is not recognized by the computer. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Never used cwm. Are you trying to copy files to it or something?.. You'd have to mount it in cwm.

You might need the HTC drivers.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Also, if you could grab the info from your bootloader, that could be helpful too.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
I want to return it to the stock rom. There is no rom on the phone at all. I will look for the drivers.

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
If you want it to be complete stock with the latest update, you may need to s-off first then ruu.

Alternatively, you could just flash a stock rom.

It's up to you. If you go the full stock s-off route you'll need to know if it's SuperCID'd first

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
Well can't put ROMs on the phone without the USB cable. Go to onexroot.com and download the drivers. Or install HTC sync. But if you have windows 7 it should download automatically.

Sent from my Liquid-fied Evita using xda-developers app

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Well can't put ROMs on the phone without the USB cable. Go to onexroot.com and download the drivers. Or install HTC sync. But if you have windows 7 it should download automatically.

from within recovery it is recognized as a mass storage device so drivers should not be required for xp+

this is why i was slightly confused.

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
from within recovery it is recognized as a mass storage device so drivers should not be required for xp+

this is why i was slightly confused.

Ah forgot about that. Don't use that feature much.

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
I will grab the bootloader info too. Here is what the phone says. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365038339983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365038339983.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 220

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I will grab the bootloader info too. Here is what the phone says. Hope it helps.

that does help. most likely you have supercid. you would be best to s-off and then RUU.
Just to ease my anal retentive tendencies can you fastboot oem readcid? better to be safe than sorry.

hopefully you have working fastboot?

RedWhiteAndBrown

Apr 4, 2013

Important future info:
You are S-ON, HBOOT 1.14, Bootloader unlocked (you will have to flash the kernel, usually named boot.img, separately from your ROMs),

Okay, so here we go:
1) download one of these ROMs:
(odexed stock, recommended) androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763379
(deodexed stock) androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763378

2) Mount your sd card in recovery, drag the ROM onto your sdcard (don't delete from your computer yet, though), and then unmount your sd card

3) In recovery (make sure you wipe system and data first) go to the home screen -> install -> sdcard -> the ROM file

4) enter bootloader mode and hit the power button once so that it goes into fastboot mode

5) download this (it will help you to install the kernel) HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V2.1.1: d-h.st/CTW

6) Extract it using 7-zip or something, select flash a kernel (the kernel is attached below)

7) reboot and it should work

Make sure to update us with your results/problems!

Attachments

• boot.img
    5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
i doubt op has any intention of modding his rom. may be best to link an odexed rom.

on a side note, if you want to return to stock i suggest RUUing up to 3.18. stable, fast, less likelyhood of lag or bugginess as i have noticed jb roms on older hboot tends to cause weird things here and there for people and some slow downs. whichever you choose, help is here.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
PC not recognizing the device is extremely common, and really the main issue here. Just download the latest version of HTC Sync from HTC's website, and install, to re-install the drivers. Try a different USB port, different cable, or even a different PC (if possible).

From there, the fastest way to get on a stock ROM is to flash a stock rooted ROM from the Development section (or a custom ROM close to stock, like CleanROM), as another user suggested.

Alternatively, you can relock the bootloader and RUU back to stock. But be aware that since you have the AT&T version and are bootloader unlocked, it must be SuperCID. So do not run the 3.18 (AT&T Jellybean) RUU or you will brick the phone (unless you S-off first). You should be able to run the 2.20 RUU just fine.

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
I have received a message when trying to mount sd card in recovery error mounting /sd card! If I try mount USB storage I receive E: Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
these are the latest drivers that i know of so you can bypass installing htc sync.
[DRIVER] HTC Driver 4.0.1.001 (2012-11-07)
you should download HTCDriver_4.0.1.001_20121107.exe.part1.rar and HTCDriver_4.0.1.001_20121107.exe.part2.rar assume works great for vista or later
[DRIVER] HTC Driver 3.0.0.007 (2011-01-03)
HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe.part1.rar and HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe.part2.rar works great for xp or earlier

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
Update...on progress

I apologize for not getting back sooner. The computer will recognize the phone as a mass storage device and as HTC android phone USB device. I has ClockworkMod v5.8.3.1. If I try to mount sd/card I get a message E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file directory. If you have any suggestions from where I may go from here I would really appreciate it. Thanks.John

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
I apologize for not getting back sooner. The computer will recognize the phone as a mass storage device and as HTC android phone USB device. I has ClockworkMod v5.8.3.1. If I try to mount sd/card I get a message E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file directory. If you have any suggestions from where I may go from here I would really appreciate it. Thanks.John

In my experience, I find a cwm under 6.0 is buggy. Also, I suggest flashing twrp

Sent from my Carbon-ize Evita using xda-developers app

jdg1973

Jan 29, 2013
Cleveland
Successfully restore!!!! Thanks Everyone

Update, so today I tried relocking the bootloader and run RUU. Great news it WORKED!!!!!! The phone is working. Thanks everyone for your help.