[Q] Constant Wifi drops at my wits end

Search This thread

mc183

May 10, 2014
Hello everyone first time joining xda; I have used the site a few times and I love it. I also created an account because of the wonderful community anyways; I seem to be having this really frustrating problem with my Verizon LG G2. I picked up the phone on black Friday and its been absolutely wonderful except for one issue, my WiFi drops signal constantly and I mean almost every 3-15 minutes but the catch is that I have used WiFi at my friends and by that I mean more than a one or two works great at theirs and not mine but at my house and it doesn't and I think this might be a router issue. But I have spent many hours trying to figure out what might be wrong it it helps my router is: Netgear model WNDR3700. I've tried just about everything and would like some smarter help. Thank you for reading! :)

Last edited:

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
Having same issue but not as often.
If I use my htc sensation with vipers it's even worse. Even causing my router to reboot.

Se if u can extract logs from your router.

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Okay I'm at the logs now what should I do?

Maybe screenshot those and post them on here? Lol :D

My suggestion is to just get a new router. They're only 30 bucks if you get em used (I mean, NICE ones). I am somewhat router-savvy and I would recommend the D-Link DIR-655 as a replacement. It has OS-independent printer/HDD sharing, website URL blocking (great for blocking ads), time restrictions, logging, wireless N & good range... if you're lucky you'll find one in great condition for about $39 last I checked. Once I got one for $20 off ebay and it had some issues.. so don't do that I guess. :D

I know my suggestion doesn't directly answer your question but it will directly solve your problem. Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
most likely a router issue

but

you can check wifi advance settings make sure wifi is on during sleep

mc183

May 10, 2014
most likely a router issue

but

you can check wifi advance settings make sure wifi is on during sleep

Thanks for posting but yeah all of those quick fixes I've tried also I checked for a router update and its up to date and I check the website its correct. The ****ty part is buying a new router is out of the question because I still live with my parents.

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
Contact the support of your router..

Maby there is a fw upgrade avaliable. Sadly for me there are non. And it's a 4g router provided by my isp...

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io

Also, another dummy fix is checking which wireless standards you have selected. Surprisingly a lot of android phones are not compatible with independent Wireless-N, make sure you have set up a,b,g,n or b,g,n or even try straight g or straight b if those don't work. On top of that, try changing the wireless frequencies, that is very likely to be your problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app