[ROM] [2.2] [G1,MT3G, MT3G1.2, Dream, Magic] Chromatic 4.5 - [08/30 - V4.5] Apps2ext

Which Launcher do you like better?

• Total voters
Search This thread
W

whoopy_whale

The ROM is really fast and I'd love to stick with it. But I also noticed that the battery is draining like anything...Would someone be kind enough to suggest any workarounds?

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
The ROM is really fast and I'd love to stick with it. But I also noticed that the battery is draining like anything...Would someone be kind enough to suggest any workarounds?

Honestly, I'd probably tell you to go back to Donut. To me modding your phone with a ROM that wasn't intended to run on the hardware that your phone has and then complaining of battery life is the same as having a fast car and complaining of not getting good gas mileage. Please don't take that the wrong way, but it just doesn't compute with me. We can't have the proverbial cake and eat it too.

Until today I was using Juice Defender which always seemed to help, but after yesterdays update my phone was syncing every time I would wake it up which was killing my battery. I'm finding battery use on this ROM is comparable to any other Eclair I've tried, which is just about all of them.

As for the compcache issue, I'm kind of stumped. I checked just to be sure that mine was working and it's fine.

chromersmith

Nov 26, 2009
Portland
chromatic.r00t.la
i've tried to flash your rom, i have the latest radio and the danger spl, a 4gb class 6 sd with ext 3 part, this rom and every other eclair rom i try to flash gets stuck at the g1 screen
i wiped, repaired ext, flashed, rebooted, but its been sitting on the g1 screen for at least 3 minutes now, i've waited up to 20 minutes on other eclair roms, can someone help me with this?

WIPE WIPE WIPE :)

great job!
been using this as my dd for awhile now!

maybe the dark happens to be because you are in portland? lol!

You are more than likely spot on there...darkness around me results in darkness in my ROM. Glad you like it!

Subscribing. Just flashed this today and along with Firerats patch seems to be pretty good so far. I'm a ROMwhore though so we'll see how long I last. ;)

Ha! Hang in there, the next release should be pretty awesome as well!

Hey Mate,

You need to run firerat's "all in one" patch and do the facebook part of it to get facebook sync working.

See if that helps.

Just installed this Rom and seems to be running pretty quick. Used firerats patch to fix facebook sync and i will know if it works shortly, just waiting for contact pics to update.

Seems to be running better than speed team eclairs one, so happy so far. Real test will be in a week after i have more messages etc. hopefully it doesnt slow down.

I am thinking of incorporating firerat's all in one patch in the next release, will see how he feels about it :)

To make sure you don't get slow downs (until I can alter superscript) I recommend you install cachemate and run it every couple of days to clear out all the BS that bogs systems down.

I have a problem with my contacts. I use contacts 2 sim and i exported all my sim contacts to my phone but they dont show up in contacts, but when people text me there name still shows up. Is there something i can do to fix this because its kinda annoying but other than that best eclair rom! :)

I have never used contacts to SIM so I cant be of any help here. :-/ but a work around might be to add them to your google contacts, via the web UI and after a sync they should show up for you.

thanks for this nice ROM, I installed it today and it works very very smoothly ... probably the best 2.1 rom for my G1.

only one question: I enabled compcache from spare parts, rebooted the device, but I can not see any swap:

# free
free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 97764 96036 1728 0 16
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 97764 96036 1728

what is wrong?
thanks in advance

The only reason I could see this not working is if you didn't have a swap partition, or it has become corrupt. A full SD reformat should resolve the issue.

reallygreat rom. but for some reason my battery kinda draining? also if you could change the white loading/ volume bars and black checks to like a red or soft grey it would bbe nice because in some menus you cant see it since most menus are white or black

Im working on the battery issue, but think we might have already hit the ceiling on how to optimize it, as someone said later in the thread, running software not intended for a device can cause issues such as poor battery performance....get ya a 2200 batt and it will last for days :p

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
so when you go into terminal and type free it shows you something other than 0 for swap? That seems to be the problem the other poster is having?

I see 157108 as my total.

32568 for swap.

The only things I've run besides your ROM are from Firerats fr-patch132.txt which were lwp, dc2x, fixp and fb.

I have gscript on my phone with a script set up that basically clears my CC if my phone gets laggy. Works like a charm and I've used it with CM5, Super E, E-Xtreme and now your ROM.

Last edited:

pgr1979

May 10, 2009
note that also I never had a swap partition, infact I want to activate compcache not swap on a phisical partition...

same config that used to work before flashing this ROM, so strange...

pgr1979

May 10, 2009
note that also I never had a swap partition, infact I want to activate compcache not swap on a phisical partition...

same config that used to work before flashing this ROM, so strange...

seems to be solved, flashing again the ROM over the pre-existent one without wipe...

now without changing partition or anything else:

# free
free
Mem: 97764 96288 1476 0 188
Swap: 32568 32564 4
Total: 130332 128852 1480

I keep testing :)

chromersmith

Nov 26, 2009
Portland
chromatic.r00t.la
phone is frezzing up any ideas running over clock it set it self to 800 and something is that the proble,
Umm yeah, you need to get in there and change that...it will default to a ridic clock speed. set it below 600MHz

seems to be solved, flashing again the ROM over the pre-existent one without wipe...

now without changing partition or anything else:

# free
free
Mem: 97764 96288 1476 0 188
Swap: 32568 32564 4
Total: 130332 128852 1480

I keep testing :)

Wack! uber weird! Thanks for letting us know though!

chromersmith

Nov 26, 2009
Portland
chromatic.r00t.la
Out of pocket

Hi guys!

I am going to be on vacation through Monday the 21st but you better be ready for at least a .1 shortly after that! Cyanogen might have 5.0.8 by then so I can get crackin'!

I'm looking forward to it! Thank you all again for your input,feedback, whiny complaints :)

I think the next release is going to make it even better.

You guys hold it down while I'm out!

lgtsanev

Jul 20, 2008
Fantastic ROM so far! The only serious issue I had (which almost made me go back to SuperE) was when I had to first enter my Google account, had to do it like 5 times, don't know why. Also, the 3DGallery still has this annoying bug with the distorted screen after pressing the back button, but its a well known bug since the test versions of 5.0.7, guess thats why Cyanogen removed it, I did it as well. Other than that, everything works flawlessly so far on my MT3G, seems much faster than SuperE! Keep up the great work!

:D

clunk27

Mar 24, 2010
Los Angeles
remove other launcher

ok, Awesomeness (2.0) been nice and cozy in my G1 for a while now... today, Awesomeness just got a little more awesome (2.1)...

now question: i want to keep only one launcher (ADW, of course!), how do i remove the other (Lpro)?

...and yes, call me lazy for not having searched enough :p

lgtsanev

Jul 20, 2008

now question: i want to keep only one launcher (ADW, of course!), how do i remove the other (Lpro)?

...and yes, call me lazy for not having searched enough :p

su
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm -r /system/app/********.apk

Write the apk name exactly the way it is, with capital and small letters.

ThaBadBoy

Feb 7, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Anyone get AdFree Android working? First ROM i've encountered where it fails to download hosts. Also, is anyone running a different kernel on this ROM, I was considering trying the UV kernel available to help battery life. Any opinions would help out, love this ROM though, it seems to keep the most memory, and hardly ever has to reload the home screen unlike most eclair ROMS and I got 13 widgets + shortcuts running on my G1 WITH launcherpro.
I'm running this ROM and AdFree works perfectly fine for me.

mitchkm55

Sep 11, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
This is one of the fastest roms i have used by far!
the only thing i cant figure out is why my Gmail contacts show up twice under "edit contact"... any help? :)

OH... and I have a MT3G if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I'm getting that occasionally as well.

Thank god its not just me. Yeah its not every single time for me either but it does happen numerous times throughout my day. But hey, its all good....I'll take a look at the logcat.
    logo.png

RETIRED!

Hey again guys. Good news and bad news.

Bad News:

I will not be releasing Chromatic ROMs in the near future. I have way too much going on in my personal and professional life right now, to be haxxin on ROMs.

Good News:

The Biff Mod Squad is still developing BiffMOD and it is currently on V 2.1 which is based on CM 6.1 Froyo 2.2.1 (latest) ANNNND even better news! Sisterchick has created a Chromatic theme for it, so you can still enjoy the Chromatic flavor!

Originally BiffMOD was the exact same thing as Chromatic so you guys will be in good hands with those folks. Go check it out, the Chromatic Theme should be up tomorrow (11-10)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=745478

Themes for Biffmod: (including Chromatic Theme)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829145

Chromatic 4.5 STABLE
    Includes
    Full ROM (Froyo)
    Google Apps
    Major theming
    Apps2ext
    Anderwebs' newest launcher (all themed up)
    Compcache upped to 32mb from 12mb.
    OC kernel included (must install SetCPU)
    Swap enabled by default

Download here

FLASH THIS BEFORE THE ROM AND AFTER YOUR BACKUP IT WILL WIPE SYSTEM, CACHE, AND DATA!!!
    http://chromatic.r00t.la/Releases/wipedatacachesystem.zip

Out of respect for the dev, I have removed SetCPU; this will also help with some of the update woes people have been having, he offers it up free on his XDA page. 2.0 is out and it is SLICK!

Download latest version here: http://chromatic.r00t.la/

Known Issues
    • [*]XML Import and Export is not working on versions prior to 4.3 ITS FIXED!!!(CMParts)
      [+] For the time being right click and save the file here on your computer, and then go into the UI tweaks under Settings>CMParts on your phone, and fill in the corresponding parts as listed on the xml file
      [*] Sometimes Market can go wonky and get hung up on downloads
      [+] Fix for this is to first check your downloads page as Froyo can restore your apps so it may already be downloading the same app your trying to install, or it may just be processing hard trying to restore all of your "known" apps. Just let it work through those restores, it may max out your internal memory and fail a bunch of them, thats ok just let it do its thing. Then re-boot and try again.
      [+] Next, if you are still having trouble, Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All> Market, And clear cache, Clear Data, Force Stop; Then hit back and go to Market Updater and do the same. Re-boot, and then re-try your install. Still doesn't work? Then something is broken, wipe and re-flash.
    • Battery Issues?
      [+] Let the phone die till it turns off
      [+] Plug it in
      [+] Boot into recovery
      [+] Wipe battery stats
      [+] Let batter charge for 8+ hours, this is good conditioning for you battery as well!

~POST BOOT SETUP~

Setup
    Don't allow Google to collect anonymous data; It makes your GPS run all the time.

Un-Check Back up my data to Google

LET IT SYNC! Its going to do all kinds of stuff like restoring apps etc. just let it chill for a while, go into market and watch the downloads tab once the sync icon disappears! Seriously, leave it alone, go hang out, or setup your settings but leave apps alone!

If you get into a loop with the setup wizard on first boot, just hit home key after you log in once.

CM Settings
    Go to: Settings>CyanogenMod Settings
    Application settings> Check Allow application moving (DO NOT CHANGE INSTALL LOCATION FROM AUTOMATIC, IT WILL CAUSE ISSUES WITH APPS2EXT)

Input Settings>Lockscreen music controls are awesome thanks kmobs!, Menu unlock settings are in here as well.

Performance Settings> Seriously Dragons...you should only touch Lock Home in Memory (which everyone should turn on!) if you want us to support you in the threads :p Other stuff is functional, but experimental!

UI Settings> See Known issues section for instructions on setting this up easily :) Setting most things to white or grey will result in fine looks. You need not mess with Notification bar submenu under >Notifications colors

Spare Parts Setup
    Go to: Settings>Spare parts
    Window animations: Fast
    Transition animations: Fast

Remember (as with all CM based ROMS) you will need to change the text color for your clock and notifications via Settings>spare parts. It will be black on black when you boot.
    See Known issues list for workaround!

SetCPU Setup
    Download from here give coolbho3000 some love 2.X is AMAZING!

Recommended Settings
    Max 576MHz
    Min 245/128
    Scaling ALWAYS on demand
    If you have reboots, scale it back! :)

Setup Profiles for charging and sleeping:
    Max: 528
    Min: 245

ADW Suggestions
    Go into Settings>ADW Settings
    Change "Desktop scrolling speed" value to 0-177. (0 is what I use and is silly fast!)
    Desktop Overshoot set to "50"
    I also recommend Under UI settings:
    Checking, Closing dockbar
    Checking, Tint AB
    Checking, Hide AllApps Bg
    Checking, Hide AB Bg
    Checking, Hide Icon labels
    Highlight Press Color: FF000000
    Highlight Focus Color: FF696969
    Un-Check, Scrollable widget support (unless you are using some of the new scrollable widgets like what the Pure line is doing)
    Get in there play around!!!

If you do have problems wipe and try again :)

I put a lot into this ROM I hope everyone likes it!!! :)

Based on CM 6 (Nightly 8-08) (Thanks to Cyanogen and his team of oh so amazing, self proclaimed douches!)

Change log DOWNLOAD

STABLE

Froyo I am using a hacky way of getting apps2ext to work, if you run low on space, reboot, the script will move your apps.
    4.5 DOWNLOAD
    • Gonna take a wipe!
    • CM6 Stable
    • New Gapps
    • Fixed ugly market (replaced with stock)
    • Fixed keyboard background
    • Added back the backgrounds for power widget, if you want transparent, select it in the settings
    • Added all the wallpapers to the wallpaper gallery
    • included slide to answer haxx
    • New Boot animation from DocNinja/chromatic-style

4.4 DOWNLOAD
    • New Firerat Script
    • New Gapps
    • New SuperUser
    • Based on RC3
    • Added a touch of HTCclay Gapps with Chromatic Style
    • New Music and N&W widget
    • New Voice Commands
    • Themed more apps
    • Much more Stable
    • Will prob need to wipe before flashing, but so worth it!
    • to use Firerat's script manually use:
      su
      sh /system/etc/fr-patch138b.txt <command>

4.3 DOWNLOAD
    • Based on 8-8 nightly
    • DSP settings moved into CMParts
    • Renice Sctipt updated (hope to fix phone delays)
    • Adjusted Swappiness
    • Removed FB fix since 1.3 works dandy without it.
    • Camera Fixed..at least it, and the gallery feel a lot better!
    • Added Exchange fix
    • Fixed import from XML in CMParts

It may reboot, even a couple times in a row during the first couple of hours just be calm, More often than not THIS IS NOT A FULL BOOTLOOP, YOU WILL COME OUT OF IT :) These are kernel panics its being worked on!

• Apps to ext!!!
    • Based on 08012010-003507 nightly
    • Lock home in memory added to CMParts!
    • DSP Manager included
    • Compcache functions now (don't recommend it though)
    • JIT Runs, Linkpack is OK :)
    • Reboot fix in place (ARM haxx) Will prob reboot on first boot, let it settle :)
    • New firerat patch included v.134
      [+] Same location to disable swap from terminal emulator type su <enter> sh /system/etc/fr-patch134.txt rev swap <enter>
    • No live wallpaper (A.K.A. 3D fix)

• Fixes 3D issues introduced via the auto running of the lwp fix from firerat

4.1 DOWNLOAD
    • Changed Boot animation to reflect 2.2 OS
    • Based on RC2
    • Lock home in memory still not available :(
    • STAY AWAY FROM COMPCACHE (it's acting funky, reboot city) If you already have it enabled WIPE!

4.0 DOWNLOAD
    • 3.9 parity (all the deliciousness from Eclair now with *FROYO*)
    • Froyo
    • Not 100% yet, waiting on Cy to put lock home in memory back in ROM, Anders little hack does not work near as well. More optimization to come!
    • Uncheck "Automatic restore" and "Back up my data" under "Menu > Settings > Privacy" *THIS WILL SOLVE THE HOME LAG!*
    • WIPE!

Eclair

3.9.1.1 DOWNLOAD
    • 3D fix for issues introduced from applying firerat's patch.

3.9.1 DOWNLOAD
    • Fixed Market issues "Installation unsuccessful" for new folks just joining the party. If you are coming from a wipe use 3.9.1 if you are on 3.9 and can not download items from the market, wipe and install 3.9.1 if you are not having issues on 3.9 no need to flash 3.9.1
    • Can enable swap using included firerat patch
      From terminal ( enter after each line )
      su
      sh /system/etc/fr-patch133.txt swap

3.9 DOWNLOAD
    • SMS notification and icon changed
    • Phone Phone Setting option grayed out resolved
    • New in-call dialpad, got rid of the green
    • Added 3D gallery back into system

COMING NEXT
    FROYOFROYOFROYO!!!!!
    Cool default ringtone, bring on the suggestions!
    Need a new boot animation, Sean_jensen
    The Orange in folders...

Battery Issues? Try this first before posting:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Troubleshooting#Battery_recalibration

Checkout Cyanogen 5.0.8 change log
    http://github.com/cyanogen/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/eclair/CHANGELOG
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

It's important to know that the "DangerSPL" (or DeathSPL or Haykuro's SPL or whatever you prefer) is a prerequisite for Dream/G1 users. Magic (MT3G etc) users do *not* need to do this. Ciwrl has written a guide to installing this bootloader. Flashing this bootloader under the wrong conditions can actually brick your device, so pay attention to the guide. CM releases have always avoided this requirement, but the new bootloader frees up enough space so that no crazy hacks are required for a fully functional system.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    HTML:
    - First time flashing a CM-5 based rom?
    1. Root your device and install Amon_RA's recovery (Dream / Magic)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Install the DangerSPL if you don't already have it
    4. WIPE (I cannot guarantee an upgrade from CM-4.2 to this CM-5 based ROM will work- Titanium Backup may be of help)
    5. Install the ROM

- Upgrading?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM
    If it is lagging or feeling laggy go into SETCPU chances are the max is set to something stupid low for some reason so it makes this ROM feel like crap.

~if you have problems I recommend a full wipe
    1.Wipe>Wipe Data Factory Reset
    2.Wipe> Clear dalvik Cache
    3.Wipe> Wipe EXT partition
    4.Wipe> Battery stats
    4. Partition Sd Card> Repair EXT partition
    5. Flash zip
    6. Enjoy!

If you want Swype look here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/topic/11-mod-colored-swype-keyboards/

Old change log

3.8 DOWNLOAD
    • This may be the last Eclair based version!! :)
    • New ADW launcher 9.0 (same one in CM6) (new theming) A lot of gesture awesomeness get in the settings and play, also he screwed up with 9.0 stand-alone and so you will see settings in the normal place and menu>adwsetting #BlameAnder
    • Add biffbiffbiff's inverted version of Fancy Widget (weather/clock)
    • More theming on the included apps
    • Moved extra apps to data/app so they can be uninstalled (including 3D gallery)
    • No wipe from and 3.x (But as always, if you have problems WIPE)

3.7 DOWNLOAD
    • Removed swap - can enable it using included firerat patch
      From terminal:(enter after each line)
      su
      sh /system/sd/fr-patch133.txt swap
    • Cleaned up Chromatic Script for better battery (hopefully)
    • Added Firerats patch will auto run FB Sync fix, LWP fix, Dalvik to ext and fix permissions patch
    • Terminal emulator font fix implemented
    • Can be flashed right over any other 3.x version or stock CM 5.0.8

3.6 DOWNLOAD
    • Added swap script. If you prefer compcache, just check it in spare parts swap will be disabled *Recommended!*
    • Upgraded kernel to dumfuq's oc825-cm-2.6.34-8final MT is pretty nice now!!!
    • Removed SetCPU (read OP) download here
    • Cleaned up OP/compiled some FAQs and solutions *Please Read*
      You will want to wipe, if anythings fishy!

3.6-NO SWAP For those having issues with swap bogging down their system. (usually a result of way too much swap!)DOWNLOAD

• Destroyed all the orange and yellow I could find!
    • Edited white spinners to match black spinners!
    • Did some theming to the phone.apk!
    • New MT and OC kernel (up to 850MHz) This thing hauls butt now!
    • New Battery!
    • added shadow's renice script for phone priority!
    • Edited Chromatic Script for efficiency and (hopefully) better battery.!
    • You should be able to flash this right over CM 5.0.8 or any of my 3.X versions, but as always if you have problems WIPE! :)
    Issues:

3.1 DOWNLOAD
    • Built off 5.0.8 stable
    • No more Launcher Pro (sorry guys read above for explanation)
    • Added back better phone.apk for us G1 users (all the cool buttons while in call)
    • New Battery Icons
    • Changed music highlights inside player from orange to redish
    • ChromaticScript 1.0 (really just me kanging from firerat and Domenukk) clears cache, and does all the magic of firerats great script)~
    If it is lagging or feeling laggy go into SETCPU chances are the max is set to something stupid low for some reason so it makes this ROM feel like crap.

2.1 DOWNLOAD
    • 5.0.7 stable still
    • Newest ADW launcher is themed
    • Newest LauncherPro themed up (choose your destiny)
    • Elliot's music prettiness, with white on widget still ~I know I need to kill the orange inside!
    • Added kmobs click menu to unlock app
      ~launch the application, allow SU permissions, do it twice if you have issues.
    • Added wireless tether
    • Removed SuperScript to help with battery woes, muuuuch better :)
    • Bettered long delay from launcher to phone/contacts (less than 3 sec on both launchers)
    • Its awesome!
    2.0 DOWNLOAD NOT RAPIDSHARE!!! :)
    Added new spare parts - thanks Wysie!
    Included XML file so you dont have to spend as much time setting each item to a color (see instructions at the top of the post)

Back to ADW launcher (open source FTW)
    Multitasking MOD added with OC support up to 825MHz *dont do that though!*
    Added SuperSript (clears cache on boot, and cracks it out!)

1.5.2 DOWNLOAD
    Fixed some of the goofy framework issues
    Gray accents added to music, framework etc.
    added themed LauncherPro 4.0 (crap ton of new features including drop to uninstall see launcherpro.com for more info)

1.5.1 DOWNLOAD
    Corrected version name in update script
    Fixed weird tabs on folders
    Themed 3D Gallery
    Changed launcher up a bit
    Background really set to clouds ;)
    Power Control Chromatic style
    Confirmed update no wipe works

1.5: DOWNLOAD - Update without wipe seems fine, you just wont get new background :p **As always if problems, wipe**
    Got rid of orange/yellow framework/Launcher
    Added 3d gallery
    Reverted Settings to fix fc in Settings
    Bootscreen animation (find the easter egg)
    Changed default background to less busy (clouds)..Or did I? If not you can get it here: DOWNLOAD

Special Thanks:
    Cyanogen, all of Teamdouche, Htcclay, Domenuk, Anderwebs, Firerat, Sean_jensen, and many many more!

This Rom used to be based on .07 test4 and was called ChromeMOD most comments on the first few pages are from that POS release jump to the end to see whats what!.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    You just need to flash a newer 2708 kernel back to back on install (flash the the ROM, flash the kernel then first boot). Ezterry and Farmatito both have good ones - be sure to get a Froyo kernel, not Gingerbread.