DROOOIIIIIDDDDDDD and other sounds

Should all future roms include these sounds?

• Yes, I vote future roms include these sounds

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Nah, I'll add them myself

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

justavillain

May 30, 2011
Grand Rapids
Another option is using zedge its in the market and I used that to get a lot of the stock ones off my older droids. This is a little easier though for a large batch of them

sent from my thunderbolt running SHIFTS3NS3, using the XDA premium app

packfan21g

Mar 25, 2011
The Droid sound is in my system/media/audio/notifications folder with all the permissions set to match the stock sounds, but it randomly disappears from my personalize sound option after it is set as the default notification sound. It will usually reappear after a reboot, but then disappear from the list again. The default sound then becomes Alpha which is the first sound in the alphabetical list. Any idea how to keep the Droid sound resident in the folder permanently? I can navigate back to the system/media/audio/notifications folder and it is always still there, but it does not show up in the personalize sound menu until reboot.

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Cali
Honestly... no idea what could cause that. does it only happen to the droid sound or will it do it to others?

What rom are you on or are you stock/rooted?

packfan21g

Mar 25, 2011
I am rooted on DasBamf remix 1.86. "Droooiiid" is the only non-original sound I put in the folder. The rest of the original sounds seem unaffected. I can choose any other sound as the default and it will stick.

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Cali
I am rooted on DasBamf remix 1.86. "Droooiiid" is the only non-original sound I put in the folder. The rest of the original sounds seem unaffected. I can choose any other sound as the default and it will stick.

well that is definitely not common, ... Do me a favor and use the "without root" method in the OP and see if that makes your notifications stick.

It might be that you added the file yourself instead of flashing.... you could try that also and see if it sticks.

report back after you try both of those.

bassman9571

Aug 8, 2011
Thank you for this I missed my Motorola Droid x notification sounds

Sent From My Tbolt on Gingerbean2.0 and still flashing many different roms.......... I'M BORED SOMETIMES

HeidiKM

Sep 13, 2015
THANK YOU!!

I just finally replaced my original Droid from 2009 (cell phone years are like dog years, so at six I guess that's ancient) and I've really been missing my Kzurb Sonar for texts and e-mails, and that great Noisey One ringtone that could cut through background noise so well, even from the depths of my purse. Thanks SO much for compiling and sharing these!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got tired of not having my DROOOOIIIIDDDDD notification sound plus a few others. Decided to whip up a pack for all that are in the same boat.

------------with root----------

Download the .zip and flash like normal

This will add about 20 or so sounds to both notification and ringtone. :cool:

this pushes sounds to /system/media if for some reason your ever on a rom that pulls sounds from else where this obviously wont work.

----------without root ---------------

You can unzip this file. Look inside system folder & copy media folder to root of SD card. These will show up now when choosing ringtones & notifications.

------------fine print ----------------

And like always you assume all responsibility. (this has been tested.)

Think that dots all the t's and crosses my i's :D

Dont forget to hit the thanks.
    is there a way to load these without rooting first? My wife wants them but doesn't want her phone rooted

I flash alot of ROMs and hate to reapply zips & love these. Easy way to have these w/o needing root at all.
    You can unzip this file. Look inside system folder & copy media folder to root of SD card. These will show up now when choosing ringtones & notifications.
    I have a stock rooted TB. Can I download this zip without a ROM installed on my TB?

Thanks in advance!

yup, it should work.
    easiest method (with little change of doind something wrong) for said noob

DL the file and put on sdcard. not in any folder just straight on sdcard

get rom manager from market.

open it click top link that says flash cwr

once done hit second option, boot into recovery

wait for you phone to bring up a bunch of options all in orange.

use volume keys to go down to install zip, use power button to select

go down to choose zip from sdcard

scroll to find the file and select it

scroll down to yes

once done use menu key to back out to first screen. choose reboot.

ENJOY :D