[MODULE] [DEV] Magisk FolderMount v0.8.7.2

Search This thread

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Hey Folks!

I am currently working on a module which allows you to easily mount internal SD card folders to external SD folders. This module installs a script in /system/bin, so you can use it later in your scripts, flows or even apps.

Usage
Currently the script allows you to mount and unmount folders. Later, in v0.9 these folders will be added to a list, which will rebind all currently mounted folders after a reboot.

The basic usage for mounting a folder:
Code:
fmount -b [source] (destination)

Source is the folder on your internal SD card in /data/media/0, destination is the folder on the external SD card, which will be detected automatically. If no destination is provided, then it will use the same folder name for the external SD card folder as the from source.

Example:
Code:
fmount -b "WhatsApp" ".foldermount/WhatsApp"
This will result into mounting "/mnt/media_rw/XXXX-XXXX/.foldermount/WhatsApp" as "/data/media/0/WhatsApp". Easy huh? :)

To unmount a folder, just enter the following command:
Code:
fmount -u [source]

Future plans
This module aims to be a alternative solution to FolderMount, a app created by madmack, but unfortunately his app does not work with MagiskSU anymore. With v0.9 it is planned to add the ability to rebind folders at post-fs-data, so these will be still mounted even after a reboot.

For more information, see this issue on GitHub.

Download
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195917003

Support
  • Twitter: @codebucketdev
  • Telegram: @divadsn
  • Telegram Group: @magiskfoldermount

XDA:DevDB Information
Magisk FolderMount, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
Codebucket
Source Code: https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v0.8.7.2
Beta Release Date: 2017-07-19

Created 2017-04-18
Last Updated 2017-07-20

Last edited:

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Changelog

v0.8
  • Initial release
v0.8.5
  • Small bugfixes and improvements
  • Added alternative way to mount folders on boot (post-fs-data.d support)
v0.8.7
  • Updated Magisk module template to v4
  • Fixed regex for lowercase UUIDs on some ROMs
v0.8.7.1
  • Added busybox binary back, Magisk v13 doesn't provide it's own anymore
v0.8.7.2
  • Reverted broken commits

Download (source code):
https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount/releases/tag/v0.8.5

Last edited:

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Forked ;)
One question, what does listFunc do (when finished)? List the mounted folders?

Yes, this should show up a list with folders currently mounted, I will add some comments about this feature later.

The list will contain folder pairs that are mounted, but maybe with v1.0 there should be a way to unmount a folder without removing it from the list.

Last edited:

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
not tried yet, there is a graphical interface like foldermount app or its only command line based?

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Can it used to mount obb folder on sd ( because no xposed for nougat so cant use obb on sd module)

Sure, have not tested yet, but it should work by just mounting the right app folders by typing:
Code:
su
fmount -b "Android/obb/xyz.myapp"

Where xyz.myapp the package name of the application is.

Please note that you have to create a start script in Tasker or Automate, otherwise you have to retype it everytime you restart your device. But with v0.9 this shouldn't be a problem anymore, soon™ :)

Last edited:

iG0tB0lts

Aug 4, 2012
Goa
www.sites.google.com
Wow, I've spammed your thank button but I'd also like to type out a thanks!
I have a 16GB internal storage so this is a huge help for me, I'm very grateful!! I'd love to donate toward the continued future development of this, if you could provide a method :laugh: :good:

Reactions: Codebucket

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Wow, I've spammed your thank button but I'd also like to type out a thanks!
I have a 16GB internal storage so this is a huge help for me, I'm very grateful!! I'd love to donate toward the continued future development of this, if you could provide a method :laugh: :good:

Thank you, stay tuned for future releases!

You can donate me via PayPal by using this link here: https://paypal.me/Codebucket/5

Last edited:

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Great and very useful module. Could You explain step by step how to use it?

There is already a small example in the OP, currently it is only a command line tool which requires you to type it into Terminal Emulator with su, but maybe later I will create an app for easier use (or someone else :highfive:). Also this module is in it's very young stages of development, many things are planned, but work is in progress, so stay tuned for more! :)

To contributors, I've opened an issue where we can discuss features and how to achieve them. I already have found a problem to work on, so maybe you could help me out :)
https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount/issues/1#issuecomment-295399213

Ah, and thanks for any support I received today, I appreciate it very much! <3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Folks!

I am currently working on a module which allows you to easily mount internal SD card folders to external SD folders. This module installs a script in /system/bin, so you can use it later in your scripts, flows or even apps.

Usage
    Currently the script allows you to mount and unmount folders. Later, in v0.9 these folders will be added to a list, which will rebind all currently mounted folders after a reboot.

The basic usage for mounting a folder:
    Code:
    fmount -b [source] (destination)

Source is the folder on your internal SD card in /data/media/0, destination is the folder on the external SD card, which will be detected automatically. If no destination is provided, then it will use the same folder name for the external SD card folder as the from source.

Example:
    Code:
    fmount -b "WhatsApp" ".foldermount/WhatsApp"
    This will result into mounting "/mnt/media_rw/XXXX-XXXX/.foldermount/WhatsApp" as "/data/media/0/WhatsApp". Easy huh? :)

To unmount a folder, just enter the following command:
    Code:
    fmount -u [source]

Future plans
    This module aims to be a alternative solution to FolderMount, a app created by madmack, but unfortunately his app does not work with MagiskSU anymore. With v0.9 it is planned to add the ability to rebind folders at post-fs-data, so these will be still mounted even after a reboot.

For more information, see this issue on GitHub.

Download
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195917003

Support
    • Twitter: @codebucketdev
    • Telegram: @divadsn
    • Telegram Group: @magiskfoldermount

XDA:DevDB Information
    Magisk FolderMount, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    Codebucket
    Source Code: https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v0.8.7.2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-07-19

Created 2017-04-18
    Last Updated 2017-07-20
    Changelog

v0.8
    • Initial release
    v0.8.5
    • Small bugfixes and improvements
    • Added alternative way to mount folders on boot (post-fs-data.d support)
    v0.8.7
    • Updated Magisk module template to v4
    • Fixed regex for lowercase UUIDs on some ROMs
    v0.8.7.1
    • Added busybox binary back, Magisk v13 doesn't provide it's own anymore
    v0.8.7.2
    • Reverted broken commits

Download (source code):
    https://github.com/codebucketdev/magisk-foldermount/releases/tag/v0.8.5
    Maybe another option for that (probably fmount -m or something?) :)

I will add that to the issue and see what other options are available. I was thinking of adding a skip option, so it won't check if the source folder is empty, otherwise it should just move files to the destination folder.

Update: Our repo has been added to the official Magisk Module repo! ?
    Okay people, to clear things out, I've collected some informations from my experiences with different ROMs and versions of Magisk and made some conclusions.

1. What is going on with the development?
    It's a difficult situation right now, I finished my school 3 weeks ago, but I had to finish a project which I promised to finish before I went on vacation, so I hadn't time got to even maintain the project and reply to all issues and pull requests I've got on GitHub. Now after all of that I am in Denmark for 2 weeks vacation, but I left my laptop home because there is no Wi-Fi network at the place where I have my stay. Currently I'm replying using mobile data with roaming, which thanks to the new regulation from 15.06 is now a lot cheaper than before, previously the price per MB was 1 zl, now it's only 0,03 zł!

2. How about not properly mounted folders on ROM XYZ?
    I faced that issue on my Redmi Note 3 when I was searching for the perfect ROM which could suit my needs, so I started searching some difference why it's not working on LineageOS based ROMs. The difference was simply spotted when looking into the system.prop of those ROMs, all of them had sdcardfs enabled!

2.1. How can I disable that sdcardfs on my device?
    Just open /system/build.prop with your favorite file explorer (I used MiExplorer for that) and search for "ro.sys.sdcardfs" and change the value from false to true. If you can't find that property, just add "ro.sys.sdcardfs=false" to make sure it's disabled. With v0.9 it will be done automatically, so it's just a temporary fix for now ;)

3. Will it work with Magisk v13.x?
    Yes, it works with Magisk v13.1 on my Redmi Note 3 running LineageOS 14.1 right now, just make sure you don't mess up with the mountspace option and keep it on inherited or global, both should work fine. The new version will be using the new module template, so no worries about compatibility!

4. What about an app or something to control?
    Well, I am currently reading a course about Android app development, but I thought that maybe I could try to fake the SU binary version for FolderMount, so it could work with Magisk and execute it's pairs using fmount. But I think a Tasker plugin would be better for that type of task, also a addon.d/service.d support is planned with the next release.

That's everything I can say right now, I'm back home next Monday, so stay tuned for FolderMount 0.9 :)
    Will you release it today?

I will work on this tonight, so it's very likely that I will release it today :D