[DEV] Netflix patch for Asus Transformer

Search This thread

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
Another success story here. Prime 1.6 w/ Netformer 1.5 tethered to an ATT iPhone 4 (via MyWi) :D

micaman

Jul 15, 2005
Same problem here. I wish this would work in Canada. Sick of being only 1 hour north but years behind in tech.

Update: Installed the same apk on my phone - rooted HTC Desire Z running CM 7.1.0-RC1 and it works great! Must be something on the Transformer that's not allowing it to stream.

hmm...Interesting. Can anyone chime in with some thoughts/suggestions as to why this would be?

TFordham

Jan 15, 2011
Saratoga Springs USA
Flash attached zip in recovery to gain working Netflix. Requires latest version of the Netflix app. Only tested on Honeycomb 3.1 (Prime 1.5). I can't swear this won't cause unforeseen problems....use at your own peril.

Technical details:

Stole libnvomx.so from a Xoom 3.1 ROM and pushed to /system/lib/ on my Transformer. Duh.

If you prefer, you can manually place the file using Root Explorer or another file manager.

Yesssss! This patch did it. Working flawlessly. Thanks!

turbulent28

Mar 2, 2010
Well... i was waiting to root my device maybe past 3.2, but just being able to watch netflix on the TF is something i must see. Any videos up yet?

The official release is prob near.

Imagine the TF just how much more attractive it will become.. 3.2, netflix, ICS (hope)....

damn

"should i keep it or go buy this tablet? or what about that tablet?":D:rolleyes:

kingwp1

Jan 12, 2011
Austin
This didn't work for me. I have Netflix version 1.2.2 installed, and when I open the app, it says theres an update available. I can't download it from the market, and the link to the new version of the app earlier in this thread doesn't work. Can someone tell me the most current version of the netflix app?

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
This didn't work for me. I have Netflix version 1.2.2 installed, and when I open the app, it says theres an update available. I can't download it from the market, and the link to the new version of the app earlier in this thread doesn't work. Can someone tell me the most current version of the netflix app?

1.3 build 246
APK: http://lts.cr/nY_

You can't download it from the market. You need to download the APK and install it in order to work. After installing Netflix, flash the OP's zip afterwards (or root explorer/adb whatever you want but the .lib needs to be in /system/lib/)

thorpe24

Feb 17, 2010
guess i'll have to wait for it to work stock, i don't want to loose google video compatability.

wish there was a way to do this maybe with a temp root that will keep the file change but not the root? any ideas.

Mistar Muffin

Aug 11, 2009
guess i'll have to wait for it to work stock, i don't want to loose google video compatability.

wish there was a way to do this maybe with a temp root that will keep the file change but not the root? any ideas.

Root, replace lib, delete su and Superuser.apk?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

kingwp1

Jan 12, 2011
Austin
1.3 build 246
APK: http://lts.cr/nY_

You can't download it from the market. You need to download the APK and install it in order to work. After installing Netflix, flash the OP's zip afterwards (or root explorer/adb whatever you want but the .lib needs to be in /system/lib/)

Yep, I know you're unable to download it from the market. That's why I was asking for a link. Anyway, I found it somewhere else, and it works now!

The interesting thing is that I had Netflix version 1.2.2 and flashed this patch and it was not working. So I uninstalled Netflix and re-installed Version 1.3. Without reflashing the patch, the new Netflix version works!

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
Yep, I know you're unable to download it from the market. That's why I was asking for a link. Anyway, I found it somewhere else, and it works now!

The interesting thing is that I had Netflix version 1.2.2 and flashed this patch and it was not working. So I uninstalled Netflix and re-installed Version 1.3. Without reflashing the patch, the new Netflix version works!

The patch replaces files on your phone. That is why the patch still works :)

Sent from my HDroid2 via xda app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash attached zip in recovery to gain working Netflix. Requires latest version of the Netflix app. Only tested on Honeycomb 3.1 (Prime 1.5). I can't swear this won't cause unforeseen problems....use at your own peril.

Note: The original file is renamed to .bak just in case!

Latest Netflix is 1.3 build 246
    APK: http://www.multiupload.com/XTEWL8CLCZ

Technical details:

Stole libnvomx.so from a Xoom 3.1 ROM and pushed to /system/lib/ on my Transformer. Duh.

If you prefer, you can manually place the file using Root Explorer or another file manager.

Like your Netflix with some auto-rotation in the mornings? The color red make you angry? Well, Dblfstr has just the app for you!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178425
    I can confirm this is working!!! Nice work man!
    CANADIANS REJOICE!!!
    I have found a solution. It seems Netflix wants a US IP to authorize Netflix in Canada.
    1. Get a US proxy. There are plenty of free trial ones out there.
    2. Connect to proxy and open Netflix with your account.
    3. Test a video. It should work now.
    4. Disconnect proxy and restart. It will now work without the proxy.

Please add to OP.
    Thanks!
    Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Can someone also post the Netflix.apk for those who don't have it since it isn't in the market for some please?

Link courtesy of AndroidPolice.com

http://lts.cr/nY_
    So if I get this right I can rename the original libnvomx.so to .bak and copy the new one to same place. Then if I want to go back, just reverse...? Thanks.

You are correct.