PSN Store on Xperia Play

Search This thread

yifanlu

Aug 1, 2011
I got the PS Store that came out for the Tablet S to work on the Play. However, it says "This service is not available in your country/region." I get the same error trying to buy PS1 games from the android marketplace, so I don't know if it is an error just on my phone. I'm posting this just in case it works on anyone else's play. Post your model number & software version. Like so:

Model: R800i
Version: 4.0.A.2.368 with stock kernel

Anyways the APK to the PSStore is here: http://pss.dl.playstation.net/pss/store/apk/PSStore.apk

To get it to work on your Play, you can either extract the file and remove "<uses-library android:name="com.playstation.playstationcertified" />" from the androidmanifest.xml file and repackage/resign it or (only on rooted phones):
1) Download http://www.mediafire.com/?g10lqu35b139mlb
2) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar" to /system/framework
3) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml" to /system/etc/permissions
4) Reboot
(If it doesn't work, both files need to be chmod 644 and chown root.root)
Then you can install the APK as is.

Atze_Kraut

Aug 6, 2011
Wuppertal
gplus.to
I got the PS Store that came out for the Tablet S to work on the Play. However, it says "This service is not available in your country/region." I get the same error trying to buy PS1 games from the android marketplace, so I don't know if it is an error just on my phone. I'm posting this just in case it works on anyone else's play. Post your model number & software version. Like so:

Anyways the APK to the PSStore is here: http://pss.dl.playstation.net/pss/store/apk/PSStore.apk

To get it to work on your Play, you can either extract the file and remove "<uses-library android:name="com.playstation.playstationcertified" />" from the androidmanifest.xml file and repackage/resign it or (only on rooted phones):
4) Reboot

after I moved the files, I was able to install the application. nice;)

But after a reboot and start the application I get the message: An error has occurred. (8008002F)

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
i'll try this on 2.3.4 . will post back how succesful/unsuccesful it was.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Application is installed EASILY with NO problems on 2.3.4

HOWEVER! After i agree with the user agreement and input my D.O.B i get the service not availbile in your country..

-_-

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
It's not the playstation store. It's just there version of the playstation pocket app.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
breaking discovery

if you select your country of residence as japan you get into the store! (2.3.4)

pics to follow

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

hope you can see them..

Last edited:
Reactions: yifanlu

yifanlu

Aug 1, 2011
breaking discovery

if you select your country of residence as japan you get into the store! (2.3.4)

pics to follow

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

hope you can see them..
Yup, I can do that too. Can tablet owners in America access the store? I tried most other english speaking countries and none of them work. My ultimate goal is purchasing a PS1 game and seeing how the emulator changed.

Is it possible to install a modified apk on an unrooted R800x? I'd like to try it out myself if anyone is willing to attach a working copy for testing.

Note: I'm waiting for a free way to unlock/root my phone, so please bear with my phone's lack for the time being. I'm very willing to test anyting on it that doesn't require root.

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
Yup, I can do that too. Can tablet owners in America access the store? I tried most other english speaking countries and none of them work. My ultimate goal is purchasing a PS1 game and seeing how the emulator changed.

i dont know...but try setting your country of residence as Japan,and buy a game from there (600Y = around 7 or 8 usd =/ )

remember to update your phone to 2.3.4 FW , that way its 'natural' way xD

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
I have tried this 3 times now and have not had any luck getting this to work. Does the phone need to be on 2.3.4? Mine is 2.3.3. Also would it be possible for someone to compile this into a modified apk that we can just install? just wondering.

needs 2.3.4 to be installed with no problems, i confirmed that already..

Ireas

Oct 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Dont do the .xml modifications on 2.3.4 you wont be able to install the app afterwards ^^;

could someone upload the original 2.3.4 com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml and .jar? forgot to backup mine~

yifanlu

Aug 1, 2011
If anyone gets purchase working, pm me. I want to see what's inside the new emulator.

crash_b.

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks, store is installed ok on my play (4.0.A.2.368), using the 2nd method :)
I have a JPN account although i live in Europe.
Unfortunately logging in doesn't work, it still says ''service not available in your country/region''.

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
Thanks, store is installed ok on my play (4.0.A.2.368), using the 2nd method :)
I have a JPN account although i live in Europe.
Unfortunately logging in doesn't work, it still says ''service not available in your country/region''.

are you logging in with your playstation account or gmail/Droid account?I think your Playstation account also has to be Japanese.Thankfully, i have all the 3 major accounts on PS3 so i can check it out later ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4) Reboot
    breaking discovery

pics to follow

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

hope you can see them..