Search This thread

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
I can say that from fresh install this ROM doesn't boot.

Wiped with SuperWipe and with recovery options
Re-flashed the recovery
Re-flashed the bootloader
Formated the SD card

=> Nothing to do.

Last edited:

martin.doktor

Dec 10, 2006
Bratislava
I trust all of you guys, but this is REALLY weird lol, can't explain. I can flash any ROM that i want, just not this one even if the MD5 is correct, if i wipe everything before and and i have the right firmware.

I have the same problem. I not able flash only this Rom.Anything else without problem.Really weird.
And yes,CID,3,32,and super wipe.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Last edited:

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I have the same problem. I not able flash only this Rom.Anything else without problem.Really weird.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

I have just done,
Format all partitions (except sdcard)
Install from sdcard OpenSensation & gapps (no reboot between)
Reboot

Result = Boot without issue

I have a Original Sensation, Do you have a XE?

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
yep, same; and it's working here, too :)

superwipe (boot/cache/data/system) formatted, installed: working
installed as an update (data/cache partitions not wiped, only dalvik): working

therefore i don't understand these "non booters" with the same build...?

€: .32 fw with 1.27 revolutionary hboot, .69 radio.

Last edited:

CBATESY

Aug 29, 2010
Renton, WA
I have just done,
Format all partitions (except sdcard)
Install from sdcard OpenSensation & gapps (no reboot between)
Reboot

Result = Boot without issue

I have a Original Sensation, Do you have a XE?

I found for some reason this newest ROM doesnt like superwipe. I had to restore to the previous version and then just use wiper dalvik and cache in recovery. then just flash the rom and gapps. works every time, tried it twice just for kicks.

other thing I found that is, if you dont wipe, flash rom and then flash gapps all in one, your apps that you had installed before will not redownload, no sync at all. dont know why this is. kinda odd.

Last edited:

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7T
I'm going to say try to repartitions your sdcard. Or try going back to clockworkmod recovery who knows maybe it'll work

Or this time don't use superwipe

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

I have the same problem from build around a week ago. And yes....the same setup like seadersn mentioned before. I superwipe and instal etc etc......splash. :) BUT, if i made update with clearing cache and dalvik boots and updates normally. So, this is with all builds from this source (or what did you call this), from all of you who are using the same guide or repo. Maybe is issue on CM side, maybe is someone replace something.....don't know. I have normal Sensation with CID HTC__032 (Europe, Slovenia)

I flashed 6 ROMs today (cca 10-14 per wek....yes :D) and only with this "one" are issues, so it's not my phones or my fault...or others who have the same issue.

Repatriation SD card.....you must be joking :))))))))))))))))))))))))
My car won't start, do I have to change seats????

Sent with a cold beer in my hand :)

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
If you use 4ext recovery you don't need super wipe it has it build in.

I'll try superwipe next time I want to wipe/install.
Unless someone can provide me a logcat.

Reactions: GabrielSousa

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7T
I have try to make a logcat, but I can't.....forget what issue was mentioned. And also have some other issue with one build, it was installing around 15 minutes, so I have to pull batt out.....no logcat :/

Will try tomorrow without superwipe, now I'm going to bed :D

Reactions: samklee

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006
I have try to make a logcat, but I can't.....forget what issue was mentioned. And also have some other issue with one build, it was installing around 15 minutes, so I have to pull batt out.....no logcat :/

Will try tomorrow without superwipe, now I'm going to bed :D

I think the issue is in relation to using SuperWipe with OpenSensation.
I'm going to have a go with it now.

Reactions: GabrielSousa

sparx180

Jan 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I think the issue is in relation to using SuperWipe with OpenSensation.
I'm going to have a go with it now.

That seems to be it for me, I superwiped then flashed the rom and gapps and it wouldn't boot. So I just formatted all partitions (except SD card) then did a factory reset and cleared cache and dalvik just to be sure. And its working perfectly. I used 4ext by the way.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

This thread is about OpenSensation and not about my kernel!!

Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Known Bugs / Fixes
    • MHL doesn't works as expected
    • Bluetooth may not work perfectly on every device
    • Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
      • Use 4EXT's full-wipe function
    • Your bug is not listed here?
    Difference between OpenSensation and CyanogenMod
    • we have 1080p, they don’t
    • we have OTA Updates, they don’t
    • we have PDroid patches included, they don’t
    • we have removed RomManger and Terminal Emulator (bloatware, still available in Play Store)
    USB-OTG
    The USB-OTG stuff is a little bit tricky. It looks like some Sensations have a self powered USB Host port which allows them to use an USB-Stick without external power. But most Sensation don’t have it.
    You need
    • USB-OTG y-cable (like this)
      • (or a normal USB-OTG cable if your attached device has it’s own power supply)
    • in case you’re using an USB-OTG y-cable you need an external power supply
      • I recommend you a mobile battery with a female USB-Port
    This ROM will mount the first partition of your attached device (fat32 & ntfs only!) to /mnt/usbdisk. If you wan’t to use more partitions/devices I recommend you to use Chainfire’s StickMount App
    Requirements
    • HTC Sensation (XE and 4G sould work, too)
    • custom Recovery (I recommend 4EXT)
    • 3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (ROM is tested with 3.32 firmware, so use 3.33 at your own risk!)
    • S-OFF (ROM should work without S-OFF, but you might need 4EXT’s SmartFlash to properly flash the boot.img)
    • SDCard
    Download
    FAQ
    • Can we have XYZ from Sense?
      • NO!
    • “Is there a way to have FM Radio?”
      • No, there is no way to build it from source. Try Spirit FM.
    Thanks & Credits
    • Vorbeth, intervigilium, elelinux and cretin45 (for bringing CM9 to the Sensation)
    • intervigilium, faux123 and showp1984 (for the kernel)
    • blahbl4hblah (for his tutorial to compile OpenSensation which brought me to where I am now)
    • aquariumsoft (for UpdateMe)
    • SebastianFM (for his USB-OTG patch)
    • pastime1971 (for the updated PDroid patches)
    • Slap me if I forgot to mention you :)
    Sources
    Removed as TamCore now has OP
    Small update for you all.
    I'm going to be stopping working on OS. Waiting 190 minutes for each compile just to test a small fix is getting too much.

I thank all those that previously donated, I was able to get a used q6600 PC, however that didn't last and the CPU fried. (Probably why I got it cheap was that is was on it's way out)

I've asked TamCore if he will take over on OpenSensation.

I have enjoyed the time I spent in doing this, however with work I don't have time to work on this during a week now, as the last few updates have shown working on it during the week, staying up while it compiles results in a few bug's.

The repo's as they are now do suffer from audio routing and I will try to re-port the routing fix over the next few day's, but that will be my last contribution.
    What's the current status of LPA?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

In a few hours after I compile, it will be enabled & audio routing band-aided

leaving just bluetooth, mhl, full HW acceleration & a few wakelock issues to be fixed.

Hell, I started out on this laptop, so may as well finish on it.
    i'll stick around continuing to work on this for a while yet.

Guess I just got that pissed off waiting one night I thought "f**k it"
    I will continue until such a point that cm and my repos have exactly the same functions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA