GLASS on GLASS screen protector

Search This thread
$35 for screen protector is little too much. I use SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal and its more than sufficient + great quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I agree. I really don't like the fact it's a one shot deal, if you mess up you are stuck with a useless $35 piece of glass. What they need to do is work on the adhesive to allow you to reapply it, and put 2 in each package like they do with the regular SGP Protectors, once they do those things I will reconsider them.

gordata

Dec 20, 2008
Yankee Stadium
So guys, I really dont like this Glass screen protector, Its thick and is raised over the lip of the phone. My screen was dirt free and tried to apply it in the bathroom with the hot water running to keep stuff on the floor not the air (How I apply every screen protector with close to zero imperfections) and I still managed to get crap stuck under there. I lifted it back up to get some scotch tape in there to remove it and managed to get more crap in there. Gave up, going to see if I can get it refunded (Bought it thru amazon prime). It is really a one time use product. Too expensive for something so delicate to apply. good luck to all that buy when they try to apply it.

Nucking Futs!

Mar 5, 2011
Dallas
So guys, I really dont like this Glass screen protector, Its thick and is raised over the lip of the phone. My screen was dirt free and tried to apply it in the bathroom with the hot water running to keep stuff on the floor not the air (How I apply every screen protector with close to zero imperfections) and I still managed to get crap stuck under there. I lifted it back up to get some scotch tape in there to remove it and managed to get more crap in there. Gave up, going to see if I can get it refunded (Bought it thru amazon prime). It is really a one time use product. Too expensive for something so delicate to apply. good luck to all that buy when they try to apply it.

Damn, now you got me concerned. I just ordered it a few hours ago, LOL!

ARTAQaf

Feb 7, 2012
Western NY State
Tx for the info gordata!!!! Well if it wont fit on my Zenus Air Capsule, then i'll be returning it or selling it on ebay/Craigslist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

farmercyst

Nov 28, 2010
I installed mine today. It's a tight fit to get it on correctly. little room for error. here's a few pics with it after it was installed. there is no loss of screen functionality at all. it feels like there is no screen protector on it at all, very nice. just dont f up the install!!! :p

2012-02-28+00.55.54.jpg

2012-02-28+00.56.16.jpg

2012-02-28+01.09.53.jpg

lastdeadmouse

I installed mine today. It's a tight fit to get it on correctly. little room for error. here's a few pics with it after it was installed. there is no loss of screen functionality at all. it feels like there is no screen protector on it at all, very nice. just dont f up the install!!! :p

2012-02-28+00.55.54.jpg

2012-02-28+00.56.16.jpg

2012-02-28+01.09.53.jpg

Tell me how to not **** it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

This guy does a good job explaining it. I used his technique of placing the glass on the screen and it worked fine. If it does get misaligned, you can pick it up carefully as long as it hasn't started to adhere to the screen.

I think he messed up, there is a nice, fat bubble he tries and tries to get out, and can't. Either that or the product is defective.

farmercyst

Nov 28, 2010
I think he messed up, there is a nice, fat bubble he tries and tries to get out, and can't. Either that or the product is defective.

Yeah. I saw that. It was ugly. At the end of the video, he said it went away after a few days. the directions also said there might be bubbles that should go away after a couple days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Vellan

Feb 19, 2011
Austin
Well, I just got mine in and put it on. I was really worried considering the issues that others have seen.

I managed to get lucky, I guess, because it went on and no dust or anything got caught underneath. Of course, I was in a room with all the AC vents closed and I held my breath the entire time I was lining it up.

Before removing the adhesive I placed the phone flat on my desk and I did a couple practice runs lining up the protector with the screen so I would have an idea of how to handle it.

After that I took the alcohol swab that comes with it and wiped down the phone's screen then used the microfiber cloth that comes with it to wipe/clean that off (without moving the phone...never can be too careful!). At this point I started breathing very, very lightly since I didn't want anything getting on the phone screen either.

After I wiped the alcohol off, the phone still in the same position on the desk, I held my breath and removed the adhesive backing and lined it up on the face. I sat it down very, very carefully and, luckily, it was lined up (I noticed on my practice runs how my fingers seemed to want to push the protector to one side so I was able to compensate, I guess). I pulled my hands back to check how it was sitting and I could see the adhesive start spreading as it settled on the screen. I didn't even have to touch it.

It was very nice watching it spread across with practically no air bubbles. There are two just around the buttons at the bottom that are smaller than the ball in a ball point pen. The only other place was between the very top speaker and the top of the phone, and just that width.

They say that the small bubbles should go away in a couple days...though I'm not sure about the place at the very top. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. If you manage to get lucky and have it go on without any issues, then it's a fantastic screen protector.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Well, I just got mine in and put it on. I was really worried considering the issues that others have seen.

I managed to get lucky, I guess, because it went on and no dust or anything got caught underneath. Of course, I was in a room with all the AC vents closed and I held my breath the entire time I was lining it up.

Before removing the adhesive I placed the phone flat on my desk and I did a couple practice runs lining up the protector with the screen so I would have an idea of how to handle it.

After that I took the alcohol swab that comes with it and wiped down the phone's screen then used the microfiber cloth that comes with it to wipe/clean that off (without moving the phone...never can be too careful!). At this point I started breathing very, very lightly since I didn't want anything getting on the phone screen either.

After I wiped the alcohol off, the phone still in the same position on the desk, I held my breath and removed the adhesive backing and lined it up on the face. I sat it down very, very carefully and, luckily, it was lined up (I noticed on my practice runs how my fingers seemed to want to push the protector to one side so I was able to compensate, I guess). I pulled my hands back to check how it was sitting and I could see the adhesive start spreading as it settled on the screen. I didn't even have to touch it.

It was very nice watching it spread across with practically no air bubbles. There are two just around the buttons at the bottom that are smaller than the ball in a ball point pen. The only other place was between the very top speaker and the top of the phone, and just that width.

They say that the small bubbles should go away in a couple days...though I'm not sure about the place at the very top. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. If you manage to get lucky and have it go on without any issues, then it's a fantastic screen protector.

well the whole glass thing sounds great, but i refuse to buy something that requires surgical precision!!! one shot at that!!

plus the $35 is a turnoff

otherwise appears to be great product

gordata

Dec 20, 2008
Yankee Stadium
well the whole glass thing sounds great, but i refuse to buy something that requires surgical precision!!! one shot at that!!

plus the $35 is a turnoff

otherwise appears to be great product

Yeah for $35 bucks, its crazy. On another note the Moshi screen protector from AT&T was on and I removed it, Washed it and reapplied it with no ill effect.

WhiteEVO

Jul 19, 2010
I've used a method I got from searching online...it might have even beed from this site on the evo forum...

you take your phone in the bathroom and turn on the hot water in the shower, let the room get steamy...which keeps the dust in the air to a minimum if at all, then apply the screen protector...

I've used this methos several times on diff. phones and it works well...

Also I've heard of people using scotch tape to get any dust specks off of the screen protector...

Reactions: ARTAQaf

markpoke1

Mar 8, 2007
Just got mine in and applied it

Installation was pretty easy. Cleaned the hell outta the screen, then very carefully applied it.

Unfortunately got a little tiny speck of lint trapped under it. Doh. I think it must have been pulled to the glass when I removed the plastic backer from the protector right before putting it on my Note. Gotta chalk that down to my fault though, since, well, it was.

There seems to be some adhesion issues on the little thin area above/around the speaker, though. Dunno why. Maybe the silicon adhesive wasn't spread over that area too well or something? Pretty small issue though.

Tested out the S-Pen with it to make sure it still works properly and it does. I also pressed it down pretty hard to make sure that the glass doesn't get marks left on it, and it passed that test as well.

The glass feels very solid and smooth. It's crystal clear and overall I'm pretty satisfied with this screen protector.

Reactions: ARTAQaf

ARTAQaf

Feb 7, 2012
Western NY State
I've used a method I got from searching online...it might have even beed from this site on the evo forum...

you take your phone in the bathroom and turn on the hot water in the shower, let the room get steamy...which keeps the dust in the air to a minimum if at all, then apply the screen protector...

thanx white! i just installed mine and did just this. worked near perfect, only 1 smallllll piece of dust (or perhaps it is a bubble that will, according to Spigen, work itself out in a day or 2) - either way it is hardly noticeable.

i installed it while my Zenus Air Capsule was still on and it fit perfectly! glad i didn't have to take off the Air Capsule to install it. the left and right side of the Glas.t fit up snug to the Zenus Air Capsule. the top and bottom have more room to play. i actually installed it snug at the top, which leaves more room on the bottom...i wish i had evened that out more and placed it downwards towards the bottom barely 1/16 of an inch more. fortunately, it isn't covering the ear-speaker.

i did have 1 deep scratch on my Note, the Glas.t didn't make it disappear. it appears to have trapped some air into it actually. i will work on it with the included rubber squeegee for the next couple days, to see if it can go away.

all in all, i am very happy with this S.P. and i feel much better with it on. too bad i didn't purchase it a week sooner, it would have saved my Note's screen from a bad scratch.

tx --- art.

Reactions: Sfboy

Main Frame

Aug 17, 2010
I like the idea of this screen protector.. The last time I used one was on my Instinct and even though it was one of the better screen protectors (Box Wave), I was less than impressed. Since then I had decided to forgo protectors all together. I always just figured if I did get a crack or bad scratch on the digitizer I could just replace it. But that was back when I was replacing IPhone3g(s) digitizers that cost me $7 a piece.

The more advanced these devices get the more expensive the components.. and the more nervous I get about cracking them open to do work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sa...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

It's a screen protector that's actually made out of glass.

It's been chemically treated to resist scratches and fingerprints.

Ships out next week.... Was thinking about getting one....

Here's the review for the iphone version of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51flspqzOig

It's 0.5 mm so maybe certain cases won't fit
    I wonder though if the thickness would affect the sensitivity of the pen? Those of u checking this out let us know

Common misconception.

The screen itself does not detect pressure from the S Pen. It uses electromagnetic resonance. This means that what affects the levels of pressure are in the S Pen itself. The S Pen is powered by resonant coupling to my understanding.

What does this mean for us? Screen protectors of any size.

Try it for yourself. you can draw through cardboard and even hover paper 1cm ABOVE the screen. Scribble on that paper and you'll see that it write below.

Awesome tech :D
    It is Amazon's responsibility. It's an item listed as a prime item. If it were an item that was sold with shipping costs, then it would be different. Several threads ago someone posted a protector that was shipped out used and abused. The buyer reported it to Amazon and got a full refund. The Amazon representative divulged the fact that Amazon has been having issued with SGP as a vendor. I think this says everything about SGP. Overpriced junk...

I'll stick to Sedio or Trident from now on

Yeah, that was me that got the protector that had been used. But, I didn't damage it on purpose and then tell Amazon it was stolen. What I did is what should have been done. I contacted Amazon, returned the originally received product and they sent the replacement with free one-day shipping.

They can deal with their supplier on their own. They'll send the bad protector back and they'll get their money back from SGP. In fact, Amazon probably has an agreement in place with SGP that allots a certain amount of money paid to Amazon to account for chargebacks or RTVs or damage units.

What you did does no one any good. Amazon can't go to SGP about this at all because they don't have it since you didn't return it. You reported it stolen, so all they can do is place an insurance claim against it, which accomplishes nothing, except you got your intentionally damaged screen protector for free.

Anyway, back on topic:
    Has anyone found a nice case that sits over top the edges of the glass?
    I just got mine and it was really easy to put it on. It looks perfect. Hands down the best screen shield. Nothing feels better than glass. I have my note in an alumimun bumper and have no problems. S-Pen works and have no problems using the phone. Highly recommended.