Chromecast logo and no image

Search This thread

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Somewhere
So i have top tier problem
When i turn on my chromecast screen is just black it shows Chromecast.... then google logo aka multi color G and then just black screen if i stream stuff it does output audio (chromecast audio update jokesaside) i tried 2 chromecasts and both same effect (chromecast 1st,2ndgen) question is are there any ways to fix this as in shop they will throw bricks at me if i bring another chromecast claiming that its faulty :silly::silly::silly::silly:

mnd86

Apr 25, 2011
So i have top tier problem
When i turn on my chromecast screen is just black it shows Chromecast.... then google logo aka multi color G and then just black screen if i stream stuff it does output audio (chromecast audio update jokesaside) i tried 2 chromecasts and both same effect (chromecast 1st,2ndgen) question is are there any ways to fix this as in shop they will throw bricks at me if i bring another chromecast claiming that its faulty :silly::silly::silly::silly:

I think it has something to do with your screen, is it a 720p or a 1080P?

mnd86

Apr 25, 2011
I made a hackish bypass i bought a hdmi to av converter and connected it to av but when it comes to tv its 1366x768

I have like the same setup like you so unfortunately there is no fix. Chromecast will work only on the formats 720p or 1080p. I purchased a cheap Miracast dongle and works like a charm on a set-up like yours. Unless the converter can be setup to 720p you will be able to use it...