how to send SMS from nexus 7?

Search This thread

MRsf27

Jul 15, 2012
hey guys, I've been hearing from some people that you can send text msgs from the nexus 7, which would be cool to have.

I downloaded GO SMS, and I entered my information and what not, and then it asks me to bind my mobile phone number, but everytime i do, it says verification failed. how the hell do I bind it? has anyone had this problem before?

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is it possible to use these texting apps with an ordinary mobile number (I.e. not a smartphone)? I find my phone so small that I always struggle with texts...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

MrBC

Nov 23, 2011
Lisburn
www.androidofvirtue.com
Sweet this worked like a charm, thanks a lot man:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Word of warning, it will stop working after 14 days unless you pay for it $3.99 for a year. At first I thought it was a steep price to pay but it really is worth it since both devices do not need to be on the same network. For example your phone can be connected by 3g and the N7 by wifi and it will still work.

Is it possible to use these texting apps with an ordinary mobile number (I.e. not a smartphone)? I find my phone so small that I always struggle with texts...

I very much doubt it. Unless you are in the States and set up a Google Voice account.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download tablet talk from playstore..it should help

I have been using DeskSMS/TabletSMS. Rarely use my phone to text now unless I'm out and about.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I have been using DeskSMS/TabletSMS. Rarely use my phone to text now unless I'm out and about.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Sweet this worked like a charm, thanks a lot man:D