FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Default image viewer resets

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By omair1995, Member on 2nd October 2012, 01:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been having a lot of problems recently with Quickpic being removed as the default image viewer. I'm running the Glazed Jelly Bean ROM and so far have not had many problems. However, today, Whenever I chose to open a photo from within Chant (a image board viewer), it prompts me to "complete action with" and list the installed photo viewers. OK, so I hit Quickpic and select always. I then close the photo and open another from Chant and it says the same message again! This is replicated in any app that opens the image app externally, like the downloads app for example.

I don't believe that the default app system is completely corrupt because other apps (Browser, Kingsoft office) all retain their defaults. As I said, this only started today and neither apps, Chant or Quickpic, were updated. This is really starting to bug me since I have to go through the prompt EVERY time I open a picture.

Also, I tried uninstalled and re-installed both apps and cleared their defaults. However, when I re-install Quickpic it tells me "shortcut already exists" as a toast message. Is there left over files that aren't being deleted?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)