WiFi+mobile data MMS issues

Search This thread

montrealer99

Aug 14, 2011
So. I have looked, And looked. Tried XDA, android central, Google search. No answers. Even called Google about this. I had an HTC incredible s before the n5 running 4.0.4. I would be connected to my WiFi. Mobile data would be off. I would send a MMS. Mobile data would turn on, send the MMS and turn off. All the while WiFi was still on. Now after some search it seems this was a code I'm the framework of sense ROMs. The phone was rooted and running mike1986 ROM. Awsome feature. Fast forward to today. N5 will not let me do this. My wife's moto x is the same issue. Now I understand this is not a huge deal to some but to have to turn off WiFi to send AND receive even the notification of an MMS is annoying. Is there any way to get around this? I have tried 8sms, and another app. Can't remember the name. No luck. Thanks guys!

montrealer99

Aug 14, 2011
Thank you. Tried it today but still no luck. I find it hard to believe its so complicated for Google to fix this or at least add it as an option after 4.0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

montrealer99

Aug 14, 2011
So it seems that as a battery saving idea, mobile data gets turned off when WiFi is connected. Will not allow MMS to function.

montrealer99

Aug 14, 2011
Same thing. Now one person at my work has a n5 on a different carrier and it works. Another is on the same carrier as that person with a gs4 and it does not work. Both are running 4.4.2